1st Club to go into Administration?

Which Club, if any will go into Administration first?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Just as the thread title suggest....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/03/20 at 14:45

Ok, so with armageddon upon us, which Club (if any will officially go into Administration first? The vast majority will no doubt think it will be Rangers* but that doesn't mean to say they'll "blink first"!

Who'll pull that trigger???

Rangers will be fine, sadly. Theyll simply put season tickets up for sale and the fans will buy them, and that's them sorted. Suspect Hearts could do the same, and if not Budge will just go around shops buying all the toilet roll, drawing a Hearts badge on it then selling it for £200 a pop.

Celtic zero chance.

Motherwell seem financially sound in terms of money in the bank so should be fine, same with St Johnstone. 

Aberdeen, Hibernian and Ross County have investors willing to pump in millions. 

No idea how Kilmarnock, Livingston and Hamilton sit in terms of finances, tbh. Livi and Hamilton stand out due to low season ticket sales. Livi have Martindale who can simply sell his stock via home delivery, while Hamilton have a Nigerian Prince to fall back on. 

Kilmarnock are my shout.

I don't think any will.

The most suspect would have been Sevco after saying at the start of the year they had a 10 million shortfall to make up but their European run has most likely made up that shortfall. I think their investors will make up the virus shortfall until the season resumes. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers will be fine, sadly. Theyll simply put season tickets up for sale and the fans will buy them, and that's them sorted. Suspect Hearts could do the same, and if not Budge will just go around shops buying all the toilet roll, drawing a Hearts badge on it then selling it for £200 a pop.

Celtic zero chance.

Motherwell seem financially sound in terms of money in the bank so should be fine, same with St Johnstone. 

No idea how Kilmarnock, Livingston and Hamilton sit in terms of finances, tbh. Livi and Hamilton stand out due to low season ticket sales. Livi have Martindale who can simply sell his stock via home delivery, while Hamilton have a Nigerian Prince to fall back on. 

Kilmarnock are my shout.

That actually had me laughing, have a like.

Guest Moomintroll
Celtic zero chance.
Kilmarnock are my shout.
Sure we will be fine, zero debt, have people on the board who have the money to cover shortfalls & we have a couple of rich Supporters who could be guilt tripped if it got that serious.

Amazes me that fans presume because some people are either on the board or associated with a club and they have a lot of money, that they will pump it in when the club needs it.

People tend not to get rich by throwing money into a black hole.

Take Aberdeen as an example. Costs 1.2 million a month to run the club. No games and a shut down for 4 months is around 5 million needed with little income. There’s not a chance in a million Cormack will put 5 million in to cover it.

And neither he should. 
Wages need to be cut accordingly at this unique time in life, just like any other business.

I know that this is all about the Premiership clubs, but if you’re looking for a club/clubs to go into administration, open it up to the 42. Anyway, not a game that I have any intention joining in, but please let it be Rangers.

Edited by kingjoey

Guest Moomintroll
I know that this is all about the Premiership clubs, but if you’re looking for a club/clubs to go into administration, open it up to the 42. Anyway, not a game that I have any intention joining in, but please let it be Rangers.
If I was a Falkirk fan I would be worried.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock are my shout.

They've just sold their star of the youth set up so that'll see them safe. If that doesn't, the fifty thousand pounds some society are signing over definitely will, apparently. 

Guest Moomintroll
They've just sold their star of the youth set up so that'll see them safe. If that doesn't, the fifty thousand pounds some society are signing over definitely will, apparently. 
Serious question, are you guys flush this weather?

I would imagine the Championship has a number of decent sized clubs that are sailing pretty close to the wind in normal circumstances - so I would bet on one of them honestly. 

I would imagine clubs like Hamilton or Livi, where they have small crowds, would rely on TV money to a greater extent than other Premier clubs and they should still be getting that, so might be less exposed than people imagine. Clubs that have relatively high operating costs and rely on big gate receipts are probably more exposed (and Aberdeen and Hearts' statements have pretty much underlined this I think).

BTW - I hope the answer to the above is "no club"

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
16 minutes ago, Dele said:

Serious question, are you guys flush this weather?

Nope, not in the slightest. I just like having Kilmarnock fans biting tbh. 

Guest Moomintroll
Nope, not in the slightest. I just like having Kilmarnock fans biting tbh. 
Not really for the biting, just hope that every club can get through this. Well nearly every club.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Would be amazed if it’s us.

I'm sure I read somewhere your chairman said you guys dont rely on gate reciepts to stay afloat......

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

If I was a Falkirk fan I would be worried.

More worried than they'd normally be?