Teams that you follow the results of but do not actually support.

buchan30

I follow a lot of teams on twitter so there are a fair few but here are some I pay particular attention to

Fort William, just because I love an underdog

Leicester, the first professional football game I saw live was Leicester v Hull in the Championship in 2006 and had a lot of fun

Montreal Impact, I don't follow MLS closely but as a born and raised Quebecois I always keep an eye on the Montreal teams

Napoli, had a good time when I went to see them last year

Lazio, partially because I have seen them live (in 2008 when they weren't very good) and partially because of some brilliant FM saves.  

Inter, when I first starting following club football they employed Roberto Baggio who was my first football hero so I have always had a soft spot for them

Reggina, my wife's family come from the Reggio Calabria area so I keep an eye on them as their home team

Edited by senorsoupe

watch for ICTs results,always like to see them pumped

look out for Valencia and gabarnia Krakow,two foreign teams I like.for some reason,before this season was canned I was watching youtubes segunda liga coverage for extremaduras games,no other reason than I love the name

also look out for Accrington stanleys,shrewsburys and rochdales results,liked their supporters at some random games ive attended 

On 24/03/2020 at 13:37, senorsoupe said:

Fort William, just because I love an underdog

prior to this season they were popular in the SHFL due to this but they've lost a huge amount of goodwill this year as a result of agreeing to become an unofficial reserve team for ICT

Notts County as my Uncle moved down that way when I was a boy and began following them so he'd keep telling me about them when we saw each other. I have a tendancy to look out for The Rangers* scores as the guy I work with and a few mates are supporters...always fun to have the ammo when they get beat. I also look for Airdrie results as another of my mates is a fan and we used to go to a few games

Edited by Cptn Hooch

On 24/03/2020 at 11:20, atfccfc said:

1.FSV Mainz 05.  I have family that are from Mainz, And I've been to see them a few times. 

Barnsley, Man City, Inter Milan, East Fife, Raith Rovers and Edinburgh City through friends and work colleagues that are supporters of them.

As well as Aldershot Town and Celtic (my two teams who I'm a supporter off) I also follow Woking FC results. As I used to go watch them as a kid along with Aldershot.

I saw Mainz get pumped 4-1 by Aachen at home during their promotion season in 2009. It was at their old stadium. I followed their results in the top league for about a year or so after that and promised myself I'd go to the new ground. I've never got off my arse to do it yet and tbh I haven't checked their results for a few years.

aside from the Mo i don't follow any other teams these days although I keep an eye on Scottish and English results generally.

• 2 weeks later...

In The Netherlands I always had a soft spot for Veendam & RBC Roosendaal, funnily enough back then the 2 professional clubs furthest away from each other in The Netherlands, both at opposite extremes of the country. At both I know a fair few supporters and they are very welcoming clubs. I went to the odd game when my own team (Excelsior) weren't playing.

Sadly, both went bust a few years ago, so I guess nobody else wants me to develop a "soft spot" for their club anymore. :( 

Atalanta - Been "my" Italian team since the Italian fitba came on Channel4 and me and my mates all chose a team to support. In absolute wild eyed dreamland watching the last three seasons in Bergamo from afar. Made a few games over the years as well.

Buckie Thistle - When my missus moved over from NZ she had no knowledge or interest in Scottish football but we were buying mugs for her new place and I picked one with blue and white hoops and called it a Morton mug. She picked one with green and white hoops and asked what team she should support. It wisnae gonna be Celtic so it was Buckie Thistle for her and she would ask how they got on when I was checking Morton scores. For her first birthday in the UK I wrote to Buckie explaining why they had a new fan and they sent a birthday card to her with two free tickets.

Walthamstow - My local team when I lived in London. To a lesser degree we can add Clapton/Clapton CFC as a few of my pals down there follow them and there's a good link up between the two teams.

On the other end of the scale I always look out for the St. Mirren, Airdrie and Old Firm scores hoping they all get humped.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

In Italy it would be Sampdoria from the Italian Fitba was on 4 and they had Gullit, Lombardo etc.

Holland would be Utrecht after going to a game and getting totally pished and having a great time.

Spain I have always looked out for Betis after taking them to league glory in LMA manager back in the late 90s

I also look out for Danish lower league team Frem after spending a freezing afternoon watching them due to play.

In the Czech Republic keep an eye on Bohemians who I saw play in a ground overlooked by some beautiful buildings.

My favourite South American team are the magnificently named Jorge Wilstermann in the Bolivian top flight.  They are named after a young pilot from the area who died in an aviation accident.

I keep an eye on most leagues tbh and always love to see an underdog buck the trend and win a league.

Barcelona cause they are the peak of human endeavour and anyone who doesn't like them is a dick 

Livorno love the club ethos and had an amazing Livorno team on PES 

Napoli Stefani from Naples

Rayo Vallecano club ethos

St Mirren my great grandad played for them

Morton dad's second team family in Greenock

Arbroath, Carnoustie Panmure, Dundee Utd. 

f**k Montrose.

I usually like to read all the results from the top 4 divisions in England and Scotland, plus results from the major European leagues. Within them, there's a few clubs I like to keep an eye on an wish well for no real reason.

Outwith these leagues, I like to keep tabs on teams I've personally visited, like Valur Reykjavik and Brondby. No real reason for seeing these teams other than they were playing when I was in the area.

Haven't seen PAOK yet, but I've a Greek mate who supports them and have watched a few games with him, so keep tabs on them.

Carlisle, Workington Reds, Scunthorpe are all results I look for down south. I have family near Dartford so usually take in 1-2 games a season there when visiting.

I watch the Broch in the HL if Montrose are far away or I fancy a change.

Abroad, I have in the past watched Željezničar in Sarajevo and Vardar in Skopje so keep an eye on them. Enjoying the Belarussian league at present but not quite settled on a team there yet.

Córdoba CF. My ex did a semester abroad in Córdoba when we were together, and I went to a couple of their games whenever I was over visiting. Needless to say since I started keeping an eye out for their results they’ve been relegated and are just generally shite.