Teams that you follow the results of but do not actually support.

buchan30

I was having this discussion the other day with a work colleague. I support raith, but follow the results of partick and hearts because my grandad supported partick and i have been to a few hearts games with my mate.

Are there any teams that you follow the results of? Whatever the connection, but don’t actually support?

Albion Rovers. A guy I work with down here, his Grandad supports them after serving time with a fella from Coatbridge in the war. He doesn't live too far away, and last year was his 90th birthday. Managed to get a signed card from Rovers for him. Was a really decent gesture. 

Bristol Rovers - Now my local team

Knattspyrnufélag Akureyrar or 'KA' In Iceland - Went on holiday there, checked their scores for a bit now it's habit and watch some games when they're on youtube. Next time we go back we're going to a game!

1.FSV Mainz 05.  I have family that are from Mainz, And I've been to see them a few times. 

Barnsley, Man City, Inter Milan, East Fife, Raith Rovers and Edinburgh City through friends and work colleagues that are supporters of them.

As well as Aldershot Town and Celtic (my two teams who I'm a supporter off) I also follow Woking FC results. As I used to go watch them as a kid along with Aldershot.

Chievo - They were the first foreign team I'd watched at Dens. We played them in a mid-season friendly on a Thursday night. At half-time I watched their subbie goalkeeper practice a goalkick and put it in the top corner of the goal at the other end of the pitch. Oliver Bierhoff signed for them weeks later IIRC. Always kept an eye out.

FC Koln for obvious Dundee related reasons.

7 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

1.FSV Mainz 05.  I have family that are from Mainz, And I've been to see them a few times. 

Barnsley, Man City, Inter Milan, East Fife, Raith Rovers and Edinburgh City through friends and work colleagues that are supporters of them.

As well as Aldershot Town and Celtic (my two teams who I'm a supporter off) I also follow Woking FC results. As I used to go watch them as a kid along with Aldershot.

FFS thats a busy Saturday :lol: I take less teams on my coupon

8 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Glory hunter

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Chievo - They were the first foreign team I'd watched at Dens. We played them in a mid-season friendly on a Thursday night. At half-time I watched their subbie goalkeeper practice a goalkick and put it in the top corner of the goal at the other end of the pitch. Oliver Bierhoff signed for them weeks later IIRC. Always kept an eye out.

FC Koln for obvious Dundee related reasons.

Went to see Fiorentina against Chievo in 2010. Glorious sunny day and an away win. 

Newcastle, lived there for a couple years so have quite a few mates that support them. 

I do genuinely support Brentford though. 
Exactly this. My dad is a Geordie and I lived down there for a year or two and go to the occasional game.

Would say I support Brentford however after being a season ticket holder the past couple of seasons.

Usually check for the Hillfield Swifts score since they joined the EOS league, also check for the Rapid Wien score, I love Austria and Vienna is a great city, it also seems to wind up some celtic fans I know, even though they were all born 85 and onward.