The Nest

The Golden God

Started on BBC tonight, basically about a rich couple in Glasgow played by Martin Compston and Sophie Rundle who are looking for a surrogate mother and end up getting involved with a dodgy lassie from Possil. 

Was a good start imo, Compston was quality as ever, Rundle was beautiful as ever and the girl (Mirren Mack) playing Kaya seemed good although I'm not sure what her accent was all about, way too posh to be from Possil althought that could be part of the story.

Really enjoyed the first episode. Was surprised to see Paul Brannigan make an appearance as I haven’t seen him in anything for a while. I see he’s currently on bail for allegedly stabbing his brother repeatedly on New Years Day.

Kaya's accent also annoyed me, but I just figured it was the age old problem of not having many working class actors who can pull a strong glaswegian accent off properly.

Same issue in Wild Rose where the lead from Priesthill sounded like she was from Inverness (granted, she was Irish). Julie Walters nailed it in the same film though.

Watched the first couple episodes tonight. It's pretty decent so far. Any idea what the restaurant is that Kaya has started working in?

Looks like it’s on Miller Street near Paesano. Also there’s zero chance someone her age gets into Buff without being ID’d but we can let that slide.

I reckon Kaya's mum is the actual killer. The male social worker is also defo involved in some way but can't work out how, odds on Lysa Arryn chucking someone through a moon door?
That's who she is!

Also, Kaya's mum sounds exactly like her. When she first spoke, I thought it was her just putting on a raspy voice.

On 30/03/2020 at 00:20, paul-r-cfc said:

I was going off it for the first half of that episode but the second half clawed it back. Didn't recognise the bar but liked the Buff Club cameo.

Also, at least Kaya's accent makes sense now.

The Spiritualist on Miller St.