MixuFruit

The COVID-19 Business Boycott Thread

On 30/03/2020 at 23:14, Day of the Lords said:

I think we can add Sykes Cottages to the c**t list. 

Basically anyone who has a cottage booked during the initial lockdown period is being ripped off. Sykes sent the property owners emails asking if they were happy for their customers to be refunded. The owners obviously replied "yes". The refunds simply go to the customers' Sykes "account" which must be used within 2 years. Sykes have then massively hiked the prices for the equivalent week next year, whilst trying to claim they're good guys for waiving a £250 rebooking fee. If you don't go (and cough up the extra money next year) they keep it. Some folk are reporting price increase of over £800 for the equivalent week next year. 

The story is initially breaking in Cornwall where they have a huge concentration of holiday homes on their books, but I expect this will get a lot more attention. 

Link

Anyone who hasn't made payment via credit card is going to have a long fight to get their money back. 

What’s that? A vile company using EBTs, maybe they will come back as The Sykes Cottages?

(checked companies’ house because I had the misfortune to encounter a Sykes early in my career who owned a large highland estate and was a complete thundercùnt but no apparent connection)

0D4D9E13-FDEC-490A-8592-0ED0AB03F3FC.jpeg

9 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

On the other side of the coin, my employers have been brilliant and I wish I could name them. I'm a salesman and commission makes up 50% of my monthly wages. Business has died so I was expecting the call today. Right enough, I've been furloughed and the company will be claiming 80% of my salary from govt. But they're going to pay me my average monthly salary from last year - including commission in full for the next six months or until this is over.  That's incredible considering the shitty way some companies are treating their employees.

Cow Killers Ltd. sound like a great bunch right enough. Well done to them. 😷

The american business adviser on 5 live at 5.30pm was actually almost advising companies to fold as opposed to taking govt loans.

I get the reality of that but dont think that was what 5 live were expecting.

21 hours ago, Snobot said:

(checked companies’ house because I had the misfortune to encounter a Sykes early in my career who owned a large highland estate and was a complete thundercùnt but no apparent connection)

0D4D9E13-FDEC-490A-8592-0ED0AB03F3FC.jpeg

And I always thought Eric was a comedy legend and good guy ..

West Brewery = good guys

One of the comments there says West sacked people 2 days before the JRS was announced. Don't know if they brought them back in though.

17 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
4 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
West Brewery = good guys

One of the comments there says West sacked people 2 days before the JRS was announced. Don't know if they brought them back in though.

Was it you that posted that comment? As it was called out as a bizarre and brazen lie seconds afterwards but you appear to have ignored that response.

No it wasn't me and I didn't see a reply refuting it despite scrolling down the page. I see now that I would have had to click on More Replies to see the denial.

28 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

No it wasn't me and I didn't see a reply refuting it despite scrolling down the page. I see now that I would have had to click on More Replies to see the denial.

How fake news is so easily spread through social media encapsulated perfectly.

13 hours ago, superbigal said:

The american business adviser on 5 live at 5.30pm was actually almost advising companies to fold as opposed to taking govt loans.

I get the reality of that but dont think that was what 5 live were expecting.

It's almost as if this was the plan all along when you consider that they've "bailed out" the Corporate class to the tune of trillions.......

Not sure if this makes British Airways c***s or good guys. All their staff will get 80% without topping it up to 100%, but including those earning over the £2500 limit, so pilots and the like. I'm veering to the c**t side as they've got shed loads in the bank.

Edited by welshbairn

Shity blinds, Shity blinds, Shity blinds and shutters. C'mon admit it that's what everyone sang.

Their adverts were fucking horrible.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure if this makes British Airways c***s or good guys. All their staff will get 80% without topping it up to 100%, but including those earning over the £2500 limit, so pilots and the like. I'm veering to the c**t side as they've got shed loads in the bank.

Think the pilots have actually agreed 50% wages. Still a top up