Pies

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I will politely disagree, pie and mash down south can be very decent. As long as you leave out that green shite they have with it.

WRONG. 

Chilli vinegar as well, different class. Screenshot_20200330_223413_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.231a4b0f0bd138cbc0c4e27622e93d26.jpg

8 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I will politely disagree, pie and mash down south can be very decent. As long as you leave out that green shite they have with it.

I've never actually been to a cockney pie 'n' mash shop. I've never had jellied eels either.

It feels like life is passing me by here...

2 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've never actually been to a cockney pie 'n' mash shop. I've never had jellied eels either.

It feels like life is passing me by here...

Pie and Mash seems to be the go to food at English music festivals. That and goat curry.

36 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I was working in Manchester for a while a few years ago and I got quite addicted to goat curry patties from a nearby Carribean takeaway. 

Definitely one of the better meat filled pastry snacks going. I just wish you could get them up here.

Jamaican patties? Yum. 

Jamaican-Beef-Patties-cut-2.jpg

34 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I was incredibly disappointed with meat and potato pies from a bakery in Preston. Shite shortcut pastry and a pretty poor potato to meat ratio. In fact there was hardly any meat at all. 

You're right. And not just in Preston, it's like they're a major part of the diet in NW England. 

I haven't seen a Scotch Pie for months now. Even a Bells Pie would be like haute cuisine for me right now.

Not reading through the thread to see if this has been mentioned, but Nicoll's in Dundee (A quality pie maker) are doing this just now:
90594262_2451772425113277_229426630282444800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105%26_nc_sid=110474%26_nc_ohc=mRRSk18xMYsAX9awHI9%26_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna%26oh=3d65cfc92335a0433437a6dba80566c2%26oe=5EA60601&key=669b7ad3a8ad1482fa4de05bfeaa633336ef0114cd83e9b90c86a396afc81bf4

I’ve never sampled any of Nicoll’s produce, but that photo certainly isn’t making me want to. They look awful.