Pies

44 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

When I was about 10 or 11, my dad and I were playing football on the ps1 and he told me to go heat the pies up for lunch.

All I knew was they went in the microwave for 7 minutes or so. I knew nothing about heating levels.
Went to check after 5 minutes as I heard a noise and smelled something... and the machine was billowing smoke as well as that blue electrical sparks that look frightening as f**k.
Thankfully he blamed it on being an old microwave and we needed a new one.

Did you leave them in the wee foil cups?

Raith Rovers do a cracking pie, but the best I’ve ever had at the football was a steak & black pudding number from Linlithgow Rose. Absolutely incredible.

Really? You must’ve just been starving. Rotten! [emoji1]

The shop near my house sells various things from Stephens Bakery. Their steak and haggis pies are pretty tasty.

No idea why the Killie pie gets so much praise. Tried them once. In no hurry to again. Average at best.

As far as a pie at the fitbaw goes, there’s pretty much only one ground I’ll get a pie because none come close. I assume they’re supplied by a local baker, but by a country mile the pies served at Haddington Athletic are an absolute delight! Right up there with the best pies I’ve had anywhere, fitbaw or otherwise. £2 but about 2 inches tall and absolutely packed with meaty goodness.

Really? You must’ve just been starving. Rotten! [emoji1]

The shop near my house sells various things from Stephens Bakery. Their steak and haggis pies are pretty tasty.

No idea why the Killie pie gets so much praise. Tried them once. In no hurry to again. Average at best.

As far as a pie at the fitbaw goes, there’s pretty much only one ground I’ll get a pie because none come close. I assume they’re supplied by a local baker, but by a country mile the pies served at Haddington Athletic are an absolute delight! Right up there with the best pies I’ve had anywhere, fitbaw or otherwise. £2 but about 2 inches tall and absolutely packed with meaty goodness.
The ones at Haddington are supplied by anderson's the butchers in North Berwick. Oh in fact, I'm getting 4 of them with my delivery tommorow [emoji16][emoji16]

16 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Really? You must’ve just been starving. Rotten! emoji1.png

Andersons pies (and their burgers too ) are fabulous, I've enjoyed their delights on many occasions 

Burnetts bakery in Inverness had a place in Diriebught Rd where you could stagger in pished, at 2am and buy 2 of their finest scotch pies topped with mash n baked beans.
Just what a pished young man living far away from home needed. They were fucking excellent.

On 22/03/2020 at 07:36, Silverton End said:

There is a bakery in Kirkcudbright across from the wee harbour, that does amazing steak and black pudding pies.

I’ve been there and had that. They are indeed very good!

On 22/03/2020 at 07:54, MONKMAN said:

Another shop in the Little bakery empire, I've previously mentioned by my good self.  Their pies are glorious.

Noted.

On 22/03/2020 at 08:25, sjc said:

Lamb and black pudding go well together....... someone should put that combo in a pie.

Black pudding, haggis and chorizo are all hings that usually always go well with other hings.

2 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Burnetts bakery in Inverness had a place in Diriebught Rd where you could stagger in pished, at 2am and buy 2 of their finest scotch pies topped with mash n baked beans.
Just what a pished young man living far away from home needed. They were fucking excellent.

Surely that's a bean and tottie pie?