Pies

The worst was at Somerset years ago, cold in the middle, cold on the outside and a food poisoning layer of food all the way through.

I had a pie at Berwick once. Puked my load the minute I stepped off the supporters bus on the way back.

Wife has a mini pie maker. Beef and red wine reduced in the slow cooker till it's like tar. Short crust pastry as base and sides. Puff on the top.
Unreal.

Scotch pies are rank.
Any bells pie the pits.
Arbroaths the best football seniors steak pie.
St Andrew's utd the best junior steak pie.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Wife has a mini pie maker. Beef and red wine reduced in the slow cooker till it's like tar. Short crust pastry as base and sides. Puff on the top.
Unreal.

Scotch pies are rank.
Any bells pie the pits.
Arbroaths the best football seniors steak pie.
St Andrew's utd the best junior steak pie.

Had to work last Saturday and got a couple of Bells steak pies from Lidl.  They were inedible.

I've said it many times on this forum but Ross County's haggis pies are nothing short of world class.

Spanakopita isn't something you're likely to find at the likes of "The Simple Digital Arena", but is a very nice pie nonetheless.

Sadly I think St Johnstone's steak and chorizo pies have eluded me, though I might have had one while bevvied.

I think we can all agree that products which claim to be pies but only have a pastry lid (i.e. the filling is only covered, not encased) can take a hearty f**k to their face. Absolute pretenders who have no business claiming to be pie.

41 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm disgusted with myself that I didn't know a pie maker was a thing. That will be getting purchased.

And as well as the hot pies mentioned so far, I'm also a fan of the classic Melton Mowbray pork pie.

I had no idea either. I will definitely have to look in to acquiring one.

Melton Mowbray pork pies are ok, but they have to be the small ones.