Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Footballfirst

Highland League - Season ended

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Bottom isn't a guarantee of getting relegated. LL champion promoted with SPFL42 relegated to the Highland League is a scenario that saves 16th in the LL.

Bit ironic that. Lowland league moans about safety net of L2 bottom club ( playoffs) but lowland league bottom club has a safety net of its own ( without even having to win a play off).

Regardless what you think about the L2 play offs, that’s a bit embarrassing.

What happened to bottom should be  automatically relegated and all that sporting integrity etc?

Edited by big al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, big al said:

Bit ironic that. Lowland league moans about safety net of L2 bottom club ( playoffs) but lowland league bottom club has a safety net of its own ( without even having to win a play off).

Regardless what you think about the L2 play offs, that’s a bit embarrassing.

What happened to bottom should be  automatically relegated and all that sporting integrity etc?

Relegate and any team that finishes bottom regardless of league imo that’s what failure deserves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big al said:

Bit ironic that. Lowland league moans about safety net of L2 bottom club ( playoffs) but lowland league bottom club has a safety net of its own ( without even having to win a play off).

Regardless what you think about the L2 play offs, that’s a bit embarrassing.

What happened to bottom should be  automatically relegated and all that sporting integrity etc?

Every promotion/relegation scenario leaves the SPFL with a full complement of 42.

Not every promotion/relegation scenario leaves the Lowland League with 16 clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Every promotion/relegation scenario leaves the SPFL with a full complement of 42.

Not every promotion/relegation scenario leaves the Lowland League with 16 clubs.

Kelty go up, bottom goes down. 
2 come up. 

16-2+2=?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, big al said:

Kelty go up, bottom goes down. 
2 come up. 

16-2+2=?

 

Doesn't exist in the the promotion/relegation model into the Lowland League. Only one promoted if licensed.

Only one of the EoS/SoS licensed champion is promoted. No guarantee either would be licensed. No guarantee the second league will have a licensed champion. We're no down to 2nd place finishes with no guarantee either would be licensed and what if both are licensed? You'd only know the runner up playoff would be required after the completion of the SPFL playoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Doesn't exist in the the promotion/relegation model into the Lowland League. Only one promoted if licensed.

Only one of the EoS/SoS licensed champion is promoted. No guarantee either would be licensed. No guarantee the second league will have a licensed champion. We're no down to 2nd place finishes with no guarantee either would be licensed and what if both are licensed? You'd only know the runner up playoff would be required after the completion of the SPFL playoff.

With all the junior ‘powerhouses’ joining the non league ranks, would be better with 2 up when possible to fast track the ‘big boys’ and clear the weaker teams out the Lowland league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, big al said:

With all the junior ‘powerhouses’ joining the non league ranks, would be better with 2 up from Lowland league when possible to fast track the ‘big boys’ and clear the weaker teams out the SPFL2. 

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, big al said:

Kelty go up, bottom goes down. 
2 come up. 

16-2+2=?

 

And why should that team go up tell me?

C’mon The Rose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

And why should that team go up tell me?

C’mon The Rose 

Correct, just because they are currently top. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

And why should that team go up tell me?

C’mon The Rose 

Cause we better than you 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Cause we better than you 😂

That remains to be seen. We’ve proved over 2 games this season that you’re not better than us. So if I were Bonnyrigg I wouldn’t be doing a Hartson just yet. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

That remains to be seen. We’ve proved over 2 games this season that you’re not better than us. So if I were Bonnyrigg I wouldn’t be doing a Hartson just yet. 😂

😂 Jerry didn’t claim to be better than your lot mate but god we are seek fed up beating Bonnyrigg when we play them 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

😂 Jerry didn’t claim to be better than your lot mate but god we are seek fed up beating Bonnyrigg when we play them 😂😂

👏👏😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Disagree. For many clubs there is little to play for, to then ask them to then complete meaningless matches 6 months down the line in order to satisfy some people's view of what integrity means is wasting everyone's time. Some clubs will need to field very different teams to their last game due to contracts expiring if this goes beyond 30th June. What's the point? It will also kill some clubs IMO if we do not end this season and allow everyone to plan and move on. Extend leagues if needs to so nobody is penalised. 


How would anyone be able to "plan and move on" if we still don't know what's happening come the middle of June? They can hardly produce a fixture list or anything like that if they don't know when football is actually allowed to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites





How would anyone be able to "plan and move on" if we still don't know what's happening come the middle of June? They can hardly produce a fixture list or anything like that if they don't know when football is actually allowed to start.
Clubs can set budgets, offer new contracts, sell season tickets etc. At the moment they are in limbo. At least the Highland clubs now know the next ball they kick will be a new season and plan on that basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are clubs going to be able to set budgets when they don't know when their next game is, how many games they'll have, or how much sponsorship/prize money they are going to get? We have no idea if football is going to be able to start again in June, October or February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



How are clubs going to be able to set budgets when they don't know when their next game is, how many games they'll have, or how much sponsorship/prize money they are going to get? We have no idea if football is going to be able to start again in June, October or February.


It's the reality clubs are dealing with right now. Hearts/Budge said as much when it came to selling season tickets for next season. You have new clubs waiting to join the east league, and the new west league will be waiting to kick off.

I think September is a good assumption when football will start again with pre season in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the SPFL statement today, they are proposing abandoning the Champ/L1/L2 divisions. No relegation from SPFL L2 specified. All play offs cancelled. Reconstruction potentially discussed if the abandonment is backed. Where does this leave Kelty/Bonnyrigg/Brora?

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-clubs-to-vote-on-curtailment-of-ladbrokes-s

Edited by cmontheloknow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...