Dealing with b*****d neighbours for the next 3-4 months

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

If he's carrying out his business at home there's usually a clause in mortgages saying this isn't allowed.

Maybe so , but :-

- they might not have a mortgage 

- even if they do , it’d probably be only the mortgage lenders that could take any sort of action against them for breaching any mortgage conditions, and it’s unlikely to be high on their list of priorities

Apart from one time (which was admittedly excellent but that was almost solely down to the exceptional flatmate), I have always had top floor flats (5 so far). That doesn't include 4 stints at student halls where I had no option of choosing the room, let alone the floor. Also doesn't include living with my parents and the one time I lived with a bird.

Anyway, couldn't stand having folk living above me. Even the one mentioned time there times the folk above us pissed us off.

Edited by DA Baracus

38 minutes ago, Geez a Braco said:

Snigger.  

Why not get yourself a detached house, mate?  

The only thing that stands above my house in a chimney stack and two fully developed trees.   

Get your self a social distancing detached big b*****d house.    

Although you are almost certainly 'at it', there are many reasons folk can't afford a house.

Stuck in the house all day? Perfect time to learn a musical instrument if you ask me. The bagpipes would be ideal. And if you're too tired in the daytime then 3 am in the morning might be the perfect time to practice.

My upstairs neighbour has his grandkids round frequently and like others have stated, they seem to just run laps around his front room whilst wearing clogs. However, I did bash his car once and he was incredibly sound about it, T-cut it out and no word about insurers even though it was probably a big enough wee dent to go down that route. So I feel I cant complain, which is annoying, because I really want to complain. 

I’m having a terrible time with a drug addict neighbour in the block of flats I live in. Since September last year we’ve had to call the gas board on no less than 7 occasions because he’s left his gas on in a Valium haze. Earlier in the week, he set fire to his sofa resulting in the entire block having to be evacuated, with families on the upper floors having to seek refuge on their verandas until the fire brigade arrived.

I’m at my wits end and the council don’t seem to care.

7 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I’m having a terrible time with a drug addict neighbour in the block of flats I live in. Since September last year we’ve had to call the gas board on no less than 7 occasions because he’s left his gas on in a Valium haze. Earlier in the week, he set fire to his sofa resulting in the entire block having to be evacuated, with families on the upper floors having to seek refuge on their verandas until the fire brigade arrived.

That's insane. What if he sets fire to the couch while his gas has been left on?

Some people aren't of sound enough mind to own their own property or to live alone and are clearly a hazard to others.

Edited by BawWatchin

9 hours ago, Geez a Braco said:

Snigger.  

Why not get yourself a detached house, mate?  

The only thing that stands above my house in a chimney stack and two fully developed trees.   

Get your self a social distancing detached big b*****d house.    

We're not all as financially successful as oaksoft m8.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Apart from one time (which was admittedly excellent but that was almost solely down to the exceptional flatmate), I have always had top floor flats (5 so far). That doesn't include 4 stints at student halls where I had no option of choosing the room, let alone the floor. Also doesn't include living with my parents and the one time I lived with a bird.

Anyway, couldn't stand having folk living above me. Even the one mentioned time there times the folk above us pissed us off.

After moving from my aforementioned flat with the dick upstairs, we moved to a top floor flat. The c**t below played the double bass.

My neighbours are nice people around 70, and both self-isolating with all the symptoms of COVID19, thankfully mild at this stage.

Communicating by email - he thinks he picked it up at a first aid course he went to in Perth the week before last.

Haven’t been tested though, so not on the stats, and of the other three neighbours he did see, another one around 55 also showing symptoms.

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

After moving from my aforementioned flat with the dick upstairs, we moved to a top floor flat. The c**t below played the double bass.

Should have smashed it over him, WWE style.

22 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Brick through the window

22 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Shite through his letterbox

21 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Shite on the brick, then put it through the window.

Shite in a bag, freeze it, throw that through the window.

13 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

That's the stuff of nightmares.

Only time I have heard of neighbourly disputes being sorted is when it's two guys who go hand to hand. Sound c**t wins then all is wound up. c**t wins then sound c**t usually moves.