Dealing with b*****d neighbours for the next 3-4 months

Anybody else having to deal with this?

My above neighbours have always been complete fannies. One of them seems to work in some sort of furniture construction firm and from time to time will take his work back home with him to complete. Which means countless hours of hammering, sawing and other DIY related noises that can last for days at a time. On top of this, he seems to have an absolute wee shite of a child who (I kid you not) sprints back and forth across the room between 6am to 10pm the entire time without rest. Never being told to calm down or stop. Not to mention the repetitive slamming of doors, drawers and stomping hard on the ground with every step they make. Absolute nightmare in a relatively old building with poor insulation.

Usually most of this would be confined to the weekend. But with company and school closures, i'll be f**ked if i'm putting up with this all day every day for the next 90-120 days straight.

Guest Moomintroll

My above neighbours have always been complete fannies. One of them seems to work in some sort of furniture construction firm and from time to time will take his work back home with him to complete. Which means countless hours of hammering, sawing and other DIY related noises that can last for days at a time. On top of this, he seems to have an absolute wee shite of a child who (I kid you not) sprints back and forth across the room between 6am to 10pm the entire time without rest. Never being told to calm down or stop. Not to mention the repetitive slamming of doors, drawers and stomping hard on the ground with every step they make. Absolute nightmare in a relatively old building with poor insulation.
Usually most of this would be confined to the weekend. But with company and school closures, i'll be f**ked if i'm putting up with this all day every day for the next 90-120 days straight.
I think you might live next door to throbber m9.

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Kill them and claim it was COVID-19.

No one will know.

No one.

11 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

You do need to deal with this.

Some useful first steps here :

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/problems-where-you-live/complaining-about-your-neighbour/

12 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

My above neighbours have always been complete fannies. One of them seems to work in some sort of furniture construction firm and from time to time will take his work back home with him to complete. Which means countless hours of hammering, sawing and other DIY related noises that can last for days at a time.

Don't worry, you'll get used to it once he gets a taste for home working and does it 7 days a week.

Been in a similar situation. Wife, at the advice of her polis employed mother, phoned the plod which just made it 10x worse - long winded story that made it get to that stage. The couple ended up separating so the kids are only round every 2nd weekend or so and sounds like they’re given ipads/playstaion to entertain them as we barely hear a peep from them now. If you want some serious advice then try speaking to your neighbours in the first instance and see how things go.

Genuine advice, if you do speak to them take notes or have a witness.

My neighbours invented all sorts of shit about me when I told them to be quiet during the night. 
Claimed my dad, who just recovered from cancer treatment was harassing them when they actually invited him in the week before. 
Phoned the police and claimed harassment because I asked them to be considerate, then when the police offered mediation they backed out because they were lying.

This was despite me helping out in their garden and with odd jobs and paying for all shared things like guttering repairs that was actually their fault because they weren’t maintaining.

Assume the worst.

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Had a similar situation years ago, the guy upstairs had his kids at the weekend and they would just run riot constantly. I understand kids have to play but this was ripping the piss. Initially went up and had a quiet word with him and he was all apologetic. A week later it all starts again  so I just hammered on the ceiling with a brush, next thing he's down saying his kids are scared of the noise. Wee p***k of a man with wee man syndrome. Was happy as f**k to move away from there.

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Sound cancelling headphones fix a lot of problems.

Just now, Gaz said:

Move house.

There is virtually no way to win against anti-social neighbours. Been there, done that.

Wish it were that simple. My situation doesn't really allow me to move any time soon. Killing them is beginning to look like the most attractive option.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Wish it were that simple. My situation doesn't really allow me to move any time soon. Killing them is beginning to look like the most attractive option.

I feel for you. My wife and I (well, it was before we were married) went through it for three years.