The full match thread

On 30/03/2020 at 17:14, Anfield 1977 said:

More likely to be the 1981 Scottish Cup semi final replay between those sides?

Yes, the BBC website now confirms it's the replay you mentioned. If the 1991 game looks dated, I wonder how this will look. Were there any significant rule changes between 1981 and 1991?

On 02/04/2020 at 11:19, Archie McSquackle said:

Yes, the BBC website now confirms it's the replay you mentioned. If the 1991 game looks dated, I wonder how this will look. Were there any significant rule changes between 1981 and 1991?

Passback was 1992.

On 01/04/2020 at 22:30, DA Baracus said:

Once again, not a classic. I think they're just showing finals now.

Anyway, I was at this one but have never seen it back since. Was too gutted.

Im like that with the 2014 LC final at Parkhead when Aberdeen beat The Caley on penalties. It was an awful game and ill never watch it back. 

Not a full match but I watched the highlights of an old firm game last night from 1998. I vaguely remember the game being at 3pm on a Saturday. This was the first season after the SPL was formed, so I thought it was unusual with the ko time. Was that the last time the arse cheeks had a Saturday 3pm ko in a league match?

• 4 weeks later...

Scotland vs Brazil from France 98 is about to start on BBC Scotland.

I watched this as a 13 year old with one of my best pals (sadly now dead).

Have never been one for patriotism, even then, but was near greeting during Flower of Scotland (back then).

The last great Scotland team. Full of quality players. 

Loved that tournament. Remains my favourite, by far. So many great players from across the world and so many of my favourites. Was also a genuinely great tournament too.

If I could time travel to see Scotland in any tournament it would be this one without question.

Scotland's game vs Netherlands in Euro 92 is on BBC Scotland now.

The Dutch forward line is Van Basten, Bergkamp, Gullit and Roy. Not bad.

We had a decent team too mind. However, the shirt numbers are mental, and those who are particular about those things would not be pleased here. McCoist is wearing 5, McKimmie 9, McPherson 8, McClair 6 and McStay 3.