The full match thread

Watched Celtic 5-0 Rangers*

Worthless after about 55mins, aside from fast forwarding to around 83 minutes to see Halliday get raging as supporters wind him up down my end. Got a belter of a t-shirt suntan that day.

Edited by The OP

This evening's chosen viewing as opposed to the daily parade of utter garbage that the SFA and SPFL are 'providing' to an ever-grateful public:

A good game,though the lower standard of football to be found back then is borne out by truly hopeless goalkeeping at most of the goals. It's like having Ryan Scully and Jack Hamilton both playing for elite level sides.

Non-English commentary (definitely better than Clive Tyldesley) Netherlands vs Czech Republic from Euro 2004.

I haven't watched this since it was on live but remember it being a quality game. That's my viewing this morning:

Word of warning for anybody going to watch it, the video cuts out just before full time but there's nothing really missed.

Some game that one, the talent in both teams was incredible. The Dutch had guys like van der Sar, Stam and van Nistelrooy as well as a midfield trio of Cocu, Seedorf and Edgar Davids who is especially great in this game.

The Czechs have some attack with an old style front 2 of Koller and Baros, Paborsky was still great and very underrated due to his spell at Man Utd, Nedved was among the best of his generation and you forget how good Rosicky was before injury and Arsenal ruined him.

A tremendous end to end game, none of the goals were particularly great but it had a load of missed chances, both keepers with fantastic saves, shots of the woodwork and a late winner, thoroughly recommended.

I see ITV are showing Euro 96, and I understand why, but looking back Euro 2004 was a fantastic tournament with so many great moments. So many teams with amazing squads yet Greece win the whole thing but some pretty iconic moments throughout.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Motherwell v Dundee United classic cup final from 1991 is on the BBC Scotland channel tonight at 7.15pm. Watch out for John Clark's challenge on Ally Maxwell who plays on with two fractured ribs and a ruptured spleen as there were no goalie substitutes then. Different times.

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Motherwell v Dundee United classic cup final from 1991 is on the BBC Scotland channel tonight at 7.15pm. Watch out for John Clark's challenge on Ally Maxwell who plays on with two fractured ribs and a ruptured spleen as there were no goalie substitutes then. Different times.

Never touched him.

16 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I see this programme tonight is the first of a series of 6. Don't know what the others will be though.

Probably five of the endless series of Celtic v Aberdeen snorefests since 2012, with Liam McLeod on commentary.

20 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I see this programme tonight is the first of a series of 6. Don't know what the others will be though.

I suspect the answer is in the opening credits the featured games of which are all in colour so not expecting anything from the 1960s.

Looks like Hibs V Rangers 2016

Aberdeen V Rangers 1982 or Aberdeen V Celtic 1984 

Dundee United V Rangers 1994

and confirmed as definite Old Firm from 2002.

That said there is no Celtic victory there so one of my predictions will be wrong.

25 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Next Sunday is the Rangers v Celtic cup final from 2002. On Friday night they're showing the league cup semi-final from 1981 between Dundee United and Celtic.

Pass

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Next Sunday is the Rangers v Celtic cup final from 2002. On Friday night they're showing the league cup semi-final from 1981 between Dundee United and Celtic.

More likely to be the 1981 Scottish Cup semi final replay between those sides?