The full match thread

12 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Soviet Union vs Belgium 1986 World Cup

I mind watching this classic match live. I think it kicked off about 11pm our time and was slap bang in the middle of my exams at Uni.  Started watching it , telling myself that I’d only watch for a wee while before going back to doing some more revising for the exams. But ended up being unable to tear masel away fae the game because it was so good. Think it went to extra time as well.

One of the goals , by Belanov , is one of the best strikes I’ve ever seen.  

Not sure why this is considered a classic by anyone. It was a standard pumping was it not? Pretty sure even some Celtic fans didn't care and fucked off before the trophy presentation. 

Clearly the folk at William Hill are playing rather fast and loose with the term 'classic'.

I recall this game and it was a very easy win for United as County failed to turn up, which is a nicer way of saying tha they shat it.

Anyway, available from 19.45

Scotland were meant to be playing Israel tonight at Hampden. For obvious reasons that didn't happen.

Instead, why not enjoy erm...*checks notes* Scotland vs Israel at Hampden.

Awesome memories, an unbelievable match. Although I realised today I totally misremembered it as I had the scoreline wrong before I watched it.

ETA - just realised already posted.

I thought it finished 7-0

Edited by The OP

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Nice! I'd love to see our game against Switzerland as I missed it at the time. Missed the Holland game too actually. Was on a P7 residential at Ardroy for that. Can't mind if that was the reason I missed the win over Der Suisse as well.

Nice! I'd love to see our game against Switzerland as I missed it at the time. Missed the Holland game too actually. Was on a P7 residential at Ardroy for that. Can't mind if that was the reason I missed the win over Der Suisse as well.
We should have been about 4 up by the time mccoist scored. The Dutch game I think Goram was great but we got away with a stonewaller when collins punched one off the line