The full match thread

I saw some discussion in another thread about what full matches folk would like to see.

Here is a thread to discuss this, and also to post videos of full matches.

As noted on another thread, the Scotland National Team Youtube has been uploading some old games in full. Expect more to come over the next few weeks, but for now they have;

vs Sweden, Ibrox, 1997

vs Latvia, Celtic Park, 1998

vs Ukraine, Hampden 2007

vs Ireland, Aviva Stadium, 2014

And today they've added vs France, Hampden 2006, although it isn't available until 17.45

The SFA have uploaded some old cup finals.

Hibs vs Hearts, 2012

Old, dead Rangers vs Dundee United, 1994

Kilmarnock vs Falkirk, 1997

And of course the big one is available from 15.00. Here's your Saturday afternoon sorted

Are they also going to put up the nauseating Clyde v 'Rangers Legends' friendly, where the home team subbed on ex-***, puffing messes en masse to play for them at half time?

A truly horrible little football club.

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I was at that game. Had totally forgotten about it.

MANCHESTER UNITED (First half): Van der Sar; McShane, Richardson, Pique, Ferdinand, Fletcher, Jones, Kleberson, Rossi, Saha, Park.

MANCHESTER UNITED (Second half): Howard; Bardsley, Eckersley, Smith, O'Shea, Silvestre, Miller, Rooney, Scholes, van Nistelrooy, Giggs.

Some no bad players there. We scored as well.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's the story with that game?

Just a friendly. Can't remember if there was an occasion or whatever. But I went to it.

After someone mentioned the 1970 world cup final in the covid thread I looked it up this morning. Safe to say football has changed a lot since then. Some of the shots, corners and balls just hoofed out of play were comical.Unpopular opinions thread for this probably but today's teams would destroy them.

3 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

After someone mentioned the 1970 world cup final in the covid thread I looked it up this morning. Safe to say football has changed a lot since then. Some of the shots, corners and balls just hoofed out of play were comical.Unpopular opinions thread for this probably but today's teams would destroy them.

Not just in terms of skill but fitness as well. Today's players are far more advanced on that front, massive so.

8 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Most of their players would be in their seventies ffs

10 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

The modern players would break their feet kicking the 1970 ball with their pink slippers. 

^^^Listen tae Yir Da.

Edited by welshbairn