DA Baracus

The working from home, sent home when their businesses stop trading permanently or temporarily and isolation thread

This is a good idea for a thread. My productivity has generally gone to shit this week. Last week I managed just fine, got up early, pot of coffee, breakfast and good to go. This week I'm struggling to get up and put a washing on never mind do my job to any kind of acceptable standard.

I need a trip to the shop anyway to get some food hopefully can shake me out of this awful stupor.

Flat below have started playing games with their toddler. Sounds like the fucking hoose is getting wrecked to the overly loud beat of Baggy Trousers. c***s.

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

Flat below have started playing games with their toddler. Sounds like the fucking hoose is getting wrecked to the overly loud beat of Baggy Trousers. c***s.

That's the first sign of madness.

Can’t get logged in due to the fact work doesn’t have the capacity for everyone to work from home.  The bairn has taken over.

Off for three weeks, cant work from home so will be exercising in the garage, doing odd jobs and wee walks.
Going to try some online courses.

Is anyone actually properly working from home? Like 9-5?

Getting paid for staying at home. No need for my business stream to work from home. Countdown to redundancy in April after TUPEing over to Client.

Where's my beer? 🤔😉

35 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Off for three weeks, cant work from home so will be exercising in the garage, doing odd jobs and wee walks.

Aye, the liars.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

I'm logging in early and doing a few bits and bobs and sticking around till 4ish but my work have basically said to just do what we can around family needs (lot of people trying to teach their kids at home it seems) & firmer plans on what to get on with will come in the next wee while. We're being told to log hours as if we'd worked full days even if we only ended up doing less time because of the above. Pretty sound tbh.

I was struggling big time last week but today and yesterday have been pretty good. Log in around 7.30, log off around 3-3.30.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Salmond conspiracy theorists putting in a fair shift.

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This is going to be a strange 20 days or so.  

...and the rest.

Aye. Me.
And not just 9-5, my shifts are either 8-5 or 9-6
Due to nature of role we are having to stick to our set break & lunch times too.

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Today I did 7.30 to 12.30. Stopped, had lunch, went to Asda then went for a walk round Strathy Park. Then did another hour from 4.30 to 5.30 preparing stuff for a colleague to work on tomorrow.

Its slow as fk accessing the work network drives through the VPN

I’m working from home. Unfortunately being on various MS Trams means  they all have coffee breaks at different times which of course I have to abide by. 

Yesterday I had to do 9-10, 11.30-12 and 2-3 as my working hours.

Im knackered.

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yep. Got not kids and Mrs Mathematics is at work, so no distractions.

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I just need to remember and move my mouse every 5 minutes to stop my Skype status showing as inactive.

I changed the settings in mine to give me 120 minutes

1 minute ago, Spider Rico said:

I changed the settings in mine to give me 120 minutes

I just assumed that those settings would be blocked by IT. I'll be straight on that at 9am.

I just need to remember and move my mouse every 5 minutes to stop my Skype status showing as inactive.

Sellotape it to one of your wife's vibrators

I am doing more work from home than I do at work maybe it’s something to do with the wife and daughter tearing into each other in living room and me staying well away from it!