The working from home, sent home when their businesses stop trading permanently or temporarily and isolation thread

My gf been working from home since Tuesday and has our 2 year old daughter for company, I get back from work at about 5 and the house is a mess, the wee one is screaming the house down and the girlfriend is on the edge of mental breakdown and needs to go for a bath/lie down the second I get in the door and I need to sort out the mess and the screaming child. My girlfriend complains that she can’t get all her work done coz her work haven’t given her a laptop yet and she is “twiddling her thumbs” but still says she has no time to do the washing/ the dishwasher and just leaves it all for me to deal with when I get in the door as if I haven’t been out working all day.

Her work today were due to deliver her lap top around 5 o clock but the woman who was meant to be dropping it off somehow managed to run the lap top over in her own car.

Guest Moomintroll
My gf been working from home since Tuesday and has our 2 year old daughter for company, I get back from work at about 5 and the house is a mess, the wee one is screaming the house down and the girlfriend is on the edge of mental breakdown and needs to go for a bath/lie down the second I get in the door and I need to sort out the mess and the screaming child. My girlfriend complains that she can’t get all her work done coz her work haven’t given her a laptop yet and she is “twiddling her thumbs” but still says she has no time to do the washing/ the dishwasher and just leaves it all for me to deal with when I get in the door as if I haven’t been out working all day.

Her work today were due to deliver her lap top around 5 o clock but the woman who was meant to be dropping it off somehow managed to run the lap top over in her own car.
Sorry throbbs but that last sentence is comedy gold, how can you even start to ponder the sequence of events that led to that happening.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
10 minutes ago, throbber said:

Sorry throbbs but that last sentence is comedy gold, how can you even start to ponder the sequence of events that led to that happening.

Ah, the old 'they accidentally ran over the laptop' ploy! Doesn't work in court though, and things can still be retrieved from it. Apparently.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Ate a few too many jacket potatoes, probably.

I've been tempted to start a P&B guide to keeping yourself sane thread but this probably covers it.

I've been lucky(in terms of sanity and job security)/ unlucky(you are all going to die) that work has continued pretty much as normal so that's 40 odd hours covered but my social life has been decimated, I'm normally pretty content with my own company but less than a week in and i'm struggling a bit without seeing people in a social context, normally I have something most days but these have all been cancelled and I'm left sat at home bored as f**k in the evenings, This will be the first weekend where I had absolutely nothing planned in a long time. If anyone has any tips on how to properly use this time go ahead.  I can think of a few things(gardening, phoning family etc) but this isn't going to fill the weekend and there's little chance that 2/3 weeks down the line when work possibly gets cut back and the to do list gets ticked off that i'll not lose it.

P.S glad to see you back @DA Baracus

Edited by parsforlife

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I've been tempted to start a P&B guide to keeping yourself sane thread but this probably covers it.

I've been lucky(in terms of sanity and job security)/ unlucky(your all going to die) that work has continued pretty much as normal so that's 40 odd hours covered but my social life has been decimated, I'm normally pretty content with my own company but less than a week in and i'm struggling a bit without seeing people in a social context, normally I have something most days but these have all been cancelled and I'm left sat at home bored as f**k in the evenings, This will be the first weekend where I had absolutely nothing planned in a long time. If anyone has any tips on how to properly use this time go ahead.  I can think of a few things(gardening, phoning family etc) but this isn't going to fill the weekend and there's little chance that 2/3 weeks down the line when work possibly gets cut back and the to do list gets ticked off that i'll not lose it.

P.S glad to see you back @DA Baracus

Weather up here is improving, maybe a hill walk? Maybe invite a friend, take a few cans and pretend the halfway point is a pub. Keep 3 metres apart at all times, so stick him/her in the boot.

I worked with a guy once whose office was shut down but due to his contact was offered the chance to apply for a similarly levelled job, which he got and was offered but only if he worked from home. He took it and worked 12hour shifts four on four off without ever seeing his colleagues. He used to alternate between working in his house and living at his girlfriends and vice versa because he found it intolerable to just sit in the same room all the time.

The room in our house that was my office was lost when my son made his appearance so I’ve had to shift a load of things about in our bedroom to get something approaching a set up. Hopefully it’ll do and this won’t last too long, I’d be amazed if I’m back in work before June though.

Also the SFA are showing some good stuff on Youtube.

They have put up some full games.

vs Sweden at Ibrox 1996:

vs Ukraine at Hampden 2007:

vs Ireland away 2014

vs Latvia at Celtic Park 1997:

Craig Brown's World Cup 98 diaries:

Pretty sure there will be more.