2019-20 how to conclude.

F*** Mr Cockwomble, we'll decide!  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Ok, you’re going to have to explain that one for my benefit I’m afraid.

One of the big problems / ramifications of applying option 3 across the four divisions of the SPFL is that, not only will you declare champions and promote teams on the basis of a part-season but that you'll relegate teams based on a part-season. That problem doesn't exist in the HL.

Also, they don't have to consider applying a rule consistently across different leagues with very different situations. It's incredibly unlikely that Brora would be caught if the HL were to be finished. Taking the Championship in isolation, I doubt many people would find it too unpalatable to call Dundee Utd as champions because there's a very small likelihood of them being caught. That's not the case in League One, where Falkirk might actually be slight favourites to win the league from this point. 

So although technically, they did decide to call the league with current standings, practically, that was a very different decision than it would be to apply option 3 to the SPFL. They're not having to take the same considerations into account so it's not really the same decision.

On the basis of fixtures not being completed I reckon they,the powers that be wont opt for the null and void scenario and more likely to go with the current standings.

Is it ideal/ the right call? No,but is there any feasible alternative outwith league construction?Not really

Whatever the decisions there will winners and losers

I’d go 2 up and no relegation. Unfortunately the clubs directly below Us and Falkirk will feel aggrieved about that decision as they are merely a few points behind. It’s a sticky wicket if you ask me. League reconstruction might be a solution. Make the leagues bigger and invite lowland, highland and the junior’s into the league and make that the new 3rd division. Just an idea.

If this was to happen I'd fully back my club and the other that other clubs that are closely behind the top 2 any legal action they deemed necessary to take.

I’d go 2 up and no relegation. Unfortunately the clubs directly below Us and Falkirk will feel aggrieved about that decision as they are merely a few points behind. It’s a sticky wicket if you ask me. League reconstruction might be a solution. Make the leagues bigger and invite lowland, highland and the junior’s into the league and make that the new 3rd division. Just an idea.

If this was to happen I'd fully back my club and the other that other clubs that are closely behind the top 2 any legal action they deemed necessary to take.

That’s what I’m saying. The clubs directly below by a few points would be aggrieved. If I’m honest I wouldn’t blame Airdrie and East Fife to take it to court. Up till now it was all to play for.

3 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

I'm warming towards reconstruction, even if it's only temporary. We could go 14-14-14 for one season and then back to 12-10-10-10 if clubs wanted it. 143 would give us the flexibility to have between 26-38 games over the season.

The clubs that might be aggrieved at this would be the clubs from 3rd down with a chance of the play-off in the championship and Cove who might think it's unfair to find themselves in the same league as Brechin next season. But it's got a little bit of the something for everyone about it. You either get a 'sort of' promotion, avoid a relegation or if you're a club like Dundee, Ayr, Clyde, Cove then you find yourself in a league that's theoretically easier to win or get promoted from next season.

See, I don’t understand this.

If the league was played to a finish then you’d have a chance of promotion.
But surely we all see now that there’s zero chance of playing the league to a conclusion using the same squads we currently have.

So the options are void the season, or declare based on current positions.
Neither of those are any better for you.
What other option do we have that is better for clubs like Airdrie who are in the play-off positions?

Someone is going to feel aggrieved whatever we do. It’s about pissing off the fewest amount of clubs by the least amount possible.

I'm for ending the league as is and still having the playoffs.

Obviously it's a pity Montrose won't then be able to go up as Champions by right but relegating the Jags and keeping the Bairns/Diamonds down in the lowly seaside league will be some compensation.