Sign in to follow this  
Scottydog

2019-20 how to conclude.

F*** Mr Cockwomble, we'll decide!  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the current situation we would be lucky to finish the 36 games let alone play-offs on top of this. 

From a selfish point of you I hope some of the clubs in the play-off slots are needing the cash to continue to stay afloat rather than clinging onto the possibility of playing up to the 36 games and the play-offs on top of that. This could get voted down, but then what next? The league can say we’ll do we just play to the 36 games and no play offs? One goes up. Would people then be happy with that? I’m guessing not. 

I just think that in the situation we are in, with the country (UK ) set to overtake Italy in the death tolls for Covid-19 that there is no way the season can be played to a finish. 

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Why would Brechin be a definite no exactly? 

Just can't see them happy to drop down to the Highland League / Lowland League or wherever they would be placed.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just can't see them happy to drop down to the Highland League / Lowland League or wherever they would be placed.

There will be no pyramid playoff under this proposal, so Brechin would stay up. 

It would not affect us for the current season,, my main concern would be when/if reconstruction came part of it, if they tried to move B/Colt teams into the league I would no longer be supporting a league team & would go to local Highland League or Junior team on a Saturday.

11 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, all 42 clubs get to vote on this, yes? And 75% need to vote in favour?

As I see it "definite" Nos would be Sevco, Hearts, Partick, Falkirk and Brechin, so 5.

Possible Nos could be Inverness CT, Dundee, Ayr, Airdrie, Montrose, East Fife, Montrose, Edinburgh City, Elgin, Cowdenbeath and maybe Stranraer, so 11.

Only need 6 of those 11 to vote "No" to scupper this, yes?

No.

Sevco know they can’t catch Celtic and they get a nice sum, vote yes on a secret ballot...open ballot toss-up. Hearts and Partick are no. Falkirk are an unknown, the prize money for second helps, and as they feel they have a real chance (but there’s no assurance), are likely a no. Brechin, as that is configured, vote yes because they avoid relegation. So that is 2 hard no’s, 1 probably no, 1 possible low and 1 yes.

Of all the others, I see no clubs that are likely or probable no, most would be yes. The simple fact is the vast majority of those teams will make a hard nosed business decision to take prize money now and have the next season start relatively on time for income assurance. Montrose, Airdrie and East Fife all clearly recognize they would have to beat a couple of teams that are at least as good as them to progress, if the season was played to conclusion. They might regain their best form and win, or they might lose...better the bird in the hand (prize money) than two in the bush. The other “playoff teams” face similar calculations.

Honest estimate, because this means cash now for the teams, 4-6 of the 11 necessary votes no on a secret ballot, 8-10 on an open ballot. Note that even on a open ballot, the fringe teams will have talked and agreed on not enough voting no to sink it.

I suspect that the actual realignment has been mooted and worked out already in secrecy, to be rolled out for “debate” after this passes. The pressure to vote yes for the realignment increases if it helps your team.

For to turn round and say to any club if you vote on the season finishing just now and we will give you the prize money for where you finished or theres a chance of your club going to the wall can be considered pretty much blackmail.  Also to say there s a chance in the Premiership games being concluded but the rest of the leagues is done and dusted just doesnt cut the mustard if one league can finish the season then so can the rest its just a case of finding a solution.

This

It really shows their contempt to the lower leagues

Apart from that,I think there proposal is belting and happy with it 😂😉

So, all 42 clubs get to vote on this, yes? And 75% need to vote in favour?

As I see it "definite" Nos would be Sevco, Hearts, Partick, Falkirk and Brechin, so 5.

Possible Nos could be Inverness CT, Dundee, Ayr, Airdrie, Montrose, East Fife, Montrose, Edinburgh City, Elgin, Cowdenbeath and maybe Stranraer, so 11.

Only need 6 of those 11 to vote "No" to scupper this, yes?

I believe the 75% has to be achieved in each of the three represented entities being Premier, championship and league one and two combined . So at least 9,8 and 15 respectively need to say yes. So if it’s 12,7 and 20 yes’s it won’t pass as Championship doesn’t meet 75%.

For league 2 Cove and Brechin must be yes and unless strong moral objection cashflow from “prize “ money will be a huge incentive for the others . Hard to see Falkirk and Stranraer saying yes but Raith,Peterhead and probably Forfar I think would. So from leagues 1 and 2 it’s down to the remaining five with two yes’s needed to pass.

Championship obviously Thistle a no United a yes. Teams down the bottom must be swinging towards yes as would Arbroath.

ICT might be upset at losing play off chance but cash now for second a big incentive. Maybe less so at Dundee and Ayr.

No perfect solution but will be interesting times.