2019-20 how to conclude.

F*** Mr Cockwomble, we'll decide!  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 02/04/2020 at 16:52, AL-FFC said:

This article saying how they are looking to resolve it down south:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/coventry-city-would-promoted-league-18032656

While the formula hasn't been totally explained,  The Independent  reports that the RFU will apply each club’s average points total, both home and away, to their remaining fixtures and decide the final league table that way. 

Unless certain teams experience major differences in their performances in home games compared to away games, this will not alter current standings in such a way to be a cause for concern.

So, using what we know of the RFU method, we can use points per game - split between home and away fixtures - to determine the outcome.

Assuming calculation of average points per home and per away game...

On 02/04/2020 at 21:32, expatowner said:

Have you worked out the final league 1 table using this formula?

...no change in the current positions, Raith stretches the lad to 1.4 points, rounded...

On 03/04/2020 at 01:48, AL-FFC said:

Not even attempting it ..lol, The biggest concern with that  for me is our stats before McKinnon got punted as we drew games that we should have won.

...a valid fear. Falkirk have a home average advantage of 2.3 vs 2.2 for Raith, while away it’s 1.6 versus 1.4, favoring Raith.

The  most astounding figure is Clyde...1.8 at home and 0.6 away, with Peterhead close at 1.4 vs 0.5. Airdrie are the least advantaged at home, 1.8 vs 1.7.

Sure i seen somewhere today they (UEFA)have changed their stance on the league and they are not putting a timeline on the season being completed they just want the season completed.

Without knowing how much other clubs are struggling financially my main one in this is Raith they got a boost with the money raised with the crowdfunder, my point in this do they roll the dice and use that money on 1 or 2 players that can get them over the finish line (assuming a return to semi normal football operations), if there are changes to the transfer window due to this and players contracts not rolling on.  (you get the point am trying to make) few questions over the current positionand what clubs can and cant do when things resume.

22 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Without knowing how much other clubs are struggling financially my main one in this is Raith they got a boost with the money raised with the crowdfunder, my point in this do they roll the dice and use that money on 1 or 2 players that can get them over the finish line (assuming a return to semi normal football operations), if there are changes to the transfer window due to this and players contracts not rolling on.  (you get the point am trying to make) few questions over the current positionand what clubs can and cant do when things resume.

Won't the window for signing new players be closed either way? Must be at a point in the season where squads are set until June.

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Won't the window for signing new players be closed either way? Must be at a point in the season where squads are set until June.

you would like to think that, i would imagine contracts would just roll on until season is completed and window remains closed until season is concluded but you never know what will happen as this situation has never happened before and how long this will go on if players have a chance to move and with the season being frozen until it resumes we dont know what agents etc are going to do i.e. if they have a chance of moving a player on its holding them back from a move etc depending on how long this goes on for.

Don't think that article will apply that much to us. It also mentions getting the games done and dusted in August and that we can't go into Sep and Oct. 

If you were to play League 1 out properly, some teams have 12 games to go. Can't see that being done and dusted in August. 

I still don’t see us being in a position to be able to play football for many months yet.

If they are to extend the season and contracts then they MUST ensure that no new players can be signed to avoid what has been suggested above with clubs breaking the bank on short term deals to get them over the line.

36 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I still don’t see us being in a position to be able to play football for many months yet.

If they are to extend the season and contracts then they MUST ensure that no new players can be signed to avoid what has been suggested above with clubs breaking the bank on short term deals to get them over the line.

Any player currently out of contract , or released by current club , would claim you are stopping them earning. In terms of releasing players you could try and force clubs to extend and not release but what if they have not got the funds to pay all the current players? 

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Any player currently out of contract , or released by current club , would claim you are stopping them earning. In terms of releasing players you could try and force clubs to extend and not release but what if they have not got the funds to pay all the current players? 

That’s the inherent problem with any “fix” here. With contracts scheduled to end on X date, people and clubs have made plans based upon that. A temporary extension of contracts is a sticky slope, and you would expect the players association to demand a generous insurance package for any players injured after the “normal” end of their contracts, but before new contracts can be signed. If contracts are “automatically extended”, where does the payment for the players come from?

Teams budgeted for a player for one year at £500/week, or £26,000. Add another 8 weeks, and that’s an additional £4,000 from this year’s budget. Then, even better, the next contract is now possibly a 44 week contract...does a second year at £26,000 change from £500/week to £591/week? Or do in contract players normal year start as previously agreed, and only those on expiring contracts get extended? Contract law is a bit like Monty Python’s Swamp Castle...strong, but built upon ashes, rubble and fill, and this little event is likely to shake things up once again.

You’re absolutely correct, which is why it would be an utter shit show to try and extend the season.

The only fair way to conclude the season beyond the scheduled end date is to ensure all clubs use the same squad they have now.

That would mean no new players signing and mandatory extensions for out of contract players.

Sounds simple but I’m sure lawyers would have a field day.

Never going to happen, players will want security and I’m sure RR Falkirk have probably got a few players ready or interested in signing for the new season. Given UEFAs announcements over last 48 hours, they’ve basically put many clubs under a bus. What players are going to wait possibly for three/four months on a contract being offered, and if there is a ban as suggested will want to wait ? Absolute minefield. I would suggest that the N&V was probably being rolled out as best option until the lawyers of the TV companies started talking about the reported 800M this season. 
If the league is declared null and void, I'd find it difficult to even set foot in a ground to watch an spfl game again. I'll watch the local junior team with a few pints in my hand.

4 hours ago, foreverarover said:
5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:
Never going to happen, players will want security and I’m sure RR Falkirk have probably got a few players ready or interested in signing for the new season. Given UEFAs announcements over last 48 hours, they’ve basically put many clubs under a bus. What players are going to wait possibly for three/four months on a contract being offered, and if there is a ban as suggested will want to wait ? Absolute minefield. I would suggest that the N&V was probably being rolled out as best option until the lawyers of the TV companies started talking about the reported 800M this season. 

If the league is declared null and void, I'd find it difficult to even set foot in a ground to watch an spfl game again. I'll watch the local junior team with a few pints in my hand.

So much for 'Forever a Rover'!

That’s the inherent problem with any “fix” here. With contracts scheduled to end on X date, people and clubs have made plans based upon that. A temporary extension of contracts is a sticky slope, and you would expect the players association to demand a generous insurance package for any players injured after the “normal” end of their contracts, but before new contracts can be signed. If contracts are “automatically extended”, where does the payment for the players come from?
Teams budgeted for a player for one year at £500/week, or £26,000. Add another 8 weeks, and that’s an additional £4,000 from this year’s budget. Then, even better, the next contract is now possibly a 44 week contract...does a second year at £26,000 change from £500/week to £591/week? Or do in contract players normal year start as previously agreed, and only those on expiring contracts get extended? Contract law is a bit like Monty Python’s Swamp Castle...strong, but built upon ashes, rubble and fill, and this little event is likely to shake things up once again.
Not sure if anyone mentioned yet but all players signed are on a 52 week contract.

Not allowed to not pay players over the break.so every club will have budgeted for it.

8 hours ago, foreverarover said:
9 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Those six fingers coming in handy.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

A vote is to be held. If passed, United will be promoted and Partick will be relegated, with play-offs cancelled. Raith will be promoted for next season, but Hearts won't be relegated yet until the SPFL board decide the Premiership cannot continue.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-clubs-to-vote-on-curtailment-of-ladbrokes-s