2019-20 how to conclude.

F*** Mr Cockwomble, we'll decide!  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Assuming all the teams in playoff positions to go up reject it that’s 9 plus Partick and Stranraer if they stand to be relegated, possibly Brechin. So 12, possibly 14 (Hearts and Hamilton) and if the Premiership clubs get a vote. Other than that, who knows.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

75% support required. There are far too many clubs with a vested interest for any vote to get that much support.

32 teams required to vote in favour for it to pass. Can't see it tbh.

This is only the fairest solution if it meant that there will also be NO promotions/relegations. If not, then this proposal can get in the bin, I'm afraid. If you can't see the many flaws in the proposal then have a word with yourself.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

75% support required. There are far too many clubs with a vested interest for any vote to get that much support.

Yeah, if all teams in promotion playoff places or automatic relegation places  vote against this then it's a non starter. 

4 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Assuming all the teams in playoff positions to go up reject it that’s 9 plus Partick and Stranraer if they stand to be relegated, possibly Brechin. So 12, possibly 14 (Hearts and Hamilton) and if the Premiership clubs get a vote. Other than that, who knows.

They'll be the biggest supporters of this going. It's the best chance they have of staying up; as far as I understand it the playoffs would be cancelled, so they wouldn't face a strong Kelty or Brora.

What would you like to see happen? Sons have absolutely nothing to play for so, from a personal point-of-view, this looks like a pretty understandable conclusion. Certainly better than declaring the season null and void, and certainly better than trying to play the final 10 games in July with most p/t players out of contract at the end of May before starting a totally new campaign X weeks later.

If I was a Partick Thistle fan I'd probably be fizzing. But then again I'd also look at the fact that over 27 games or whatever they've been absolutely rubbish.

No way that will pass. Absolutely mental.

Why they’re trying to make decisions without any knowledge of when we will be able to re-commence is just plain stupid.

If there’s the possibility that the Premiership season will be played to completion, it’s completely nonsensical that the other leagues are ‘terminated’.

5 minutes ago, monthefife said:
32 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

This is only the fairest solution if it meant that there will also be NO promotions/relegations. If not, then this proposal can get in the bin, I'm afraid. If you can't see the many flaws in the proposal then have a word with yourself.

I was just posting the latest update on it, never said it was a flawless idea

10 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

No way that will pass. Absolutely mental.

Why they’re trying to make decisions without any knowledge of when we will be able to re-commence is just plain stupid.

If there’s the possibility that the Premiership season will be played to completion, it’s completely nonsensical that the other leagues are ‘terminated’.

I guess the whole point is that they dont know when they will be able to recommence, hence termination, or null and void,  is the only certain options for getting the season done.

Why the former and not the latter is on the table is beyond me unless their are clauses with respect to prize money that requires a conclusion rather than binning it. Otherwise why not bring both to the vote at the same time?

Edited to add: seems like ScotGov have provided advice to the SPFL which reading between the lines suggests: not this side of the equinox. Also suggests that null and void is open to contractual issues and litigation. Also seems like the idea of reconstruction is being left on the table as a bribe... 

Edited by renton

It isn’t a no-brainer that teams in promotion play-off spots will vote against. Falkirk surely will, but there is absolutely no prospect of Montrose or Cowdenbeath (for example) being promoted or getting to play their play-off matches. It can’t and won’t happen. Certainty of prize money being released now should be of more value.

Obviously easy to point at the team I support and yes, selfishly I hope this goes through, but a team in 4th rejecting it has nothing to gain right now by doing so.

There’s also this segment to consider: “If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with Clubs over the possibility of League restructuring ahead of Season 2020/21”. Obviously hard to ask teams to vote with only vague commitments but it might get it over the line.

Nothing to say that Falkirk Airdrie Montrose or East Fife couldn't go up through the play offs or even still win the title so surely we can wait until June then decide on all the leagues

Start training mid may for 4 weeks then play Sat/Wed for 4/6 weeks and get finished by the end of June start of July then scrap the betfred group stages and play it as straight knockouts from August

Just now, East Fife is best said:

Nothing to say that Falkirk Airdrie Montrose or East Fife couldn't go up through the play offs or even still win the title so surely we can wait until June then decide on all the leagues

Start training mid may for 4 weeks then play Sat/Wed for 4/6 weeks and get finished by the end of June start of July then scrap the betfred group stages and play it as straight knockouts from August

There is absolutely no evidence to say that football training can begin again in mid May. We don't even know if we be allowed to leave our homes by then. 

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

It isn’t a no-brainer that teams in promotion play-off spots will vote against. Falkirk surely will, but there is absolutely no prospect of Montrose or Cowdenbeath (for example) being promoted or getting to play their play-off matches. It can’t and won’t happen. Certainty of prize money being released now should be of more value.

Obviously easy to point at the team I support and yes, selfishly I hope this goes through, but a team in 4th rejecting it has nothing to gain right now by doing so.

There’s also this segment to consider: “If the resolution is approved, the SPFL has also committed to consulting with Clubs over the possibility of League restructuring ahead of Season 2020/21”. Obviously hard to ask teams to vote with only vague commitments but it might get it over the line.

It all comes down to how open or otherwise the SPFL have made the possibility of finishing the season to the clubs,and how much clubs need the prize money now. 

6 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

The Sun (I know) article on this subject has A quote along the lines of ScotGov telling the SPFL to expect lockdown restrictions until at least 10th of June. I think that's the major issue. That's basically the start of next season's pre-season, and even then that's not a guarantee that mass spectator events will be back online at that time.

Edited by renton

The season cannot finish unless we wait until September/October (and that could be optimistic). Leaving aside the slew of practicalities associated with that, can we accept that clubs would virtually all be bust by then and focus on solutions?

The season will not finish. Mass events by the start of June ffs.