2019-20 how to conclude.

F*** Mr Cockwomble, we'll decide!  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

This article saying how they are looking to resolve it down south:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/coventry-city-would-promoted-league-18032656

While the formula hasn't been totally explained,  The Independent  reports that the RFU will apply each club’s average points total, both home and away, to their remaining fixtures and decide the final league table that way. 

Unless certain teams experience major differences in their performances in home games compared to away games, this will not alter current standings in such a way to be a cause for concern.

So, using what we know of the RFU method, we can use points per game - split between home and away fixtures - to determine the outcome.

Have you worked out the final league 1 table using this formula?

4 hours ago, expatowner said:

Have you worked out the final league 1 table using this formula?

Not even attempting it ..lol, The biggest concern with that  for me is our stats before McKinnon got punted as we drew games that we should have won.

4 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

News regarding thisScreenshot_20200403_075401_com.twitter.android.jpegScreenshot_20200403_075116_com.twitter.android.jpeg

Seen another news article this morning saying they reckon the current season might not be finished until October which in all honesty seems a more realistic target than June or August.

There's also precedent for nulling and voiding if that's what you're counting as precedent. The lower leagues in England have voided the season.
All the Belgian league decided was to make Bruges champions. They haven't decided what to do about promotion and relegation. Giving Bruges the title was a much easier decision than most as they're 15 points clear with one game left of the regular season. OK, they usually have play-offs but Bruges have proved beyond doubt that they are worthy champions. The issue is when clubs haven't.

They may be 15 clear now, but after that 1 more game there is a 10 game playoff where they half everyone's points before it begins - a great league system!

33 minutes ago, true_rover said:
13 hours ago, Gordon EF said:
There's also precedent for nulling and voiding if that's what you're counting as precedent. The lower leagues in England have voided the season.
All the Belgian league decided was to make Bruges champions. They haven't decided what to do about promotion and relegation. Giving Bruges the title was a much easier decision than most as they're 15 points clear with one game left of the regular season. OK, they usually have play-offs but Bruges have proved beyond doubt that they are worthy champions. The issue is when clubs haven't.

They may be 15 clear now, but after that 1 more game there is a 10 game playoff where they half everyone's points before it begins - a great league system!

Yep. It's a different system. Belgium basically choose a play-off rather than crowning the best team over the 'regular' season champions. Bruges are beyond doubt proved themselves to be the best team over the regular season by some distance. So taking the decision, in isolation, to crown them champions is much easier than in most cases.

If Bruges were 1 or 2 points ahead of 2nd place, I think there would be a much bigger chance of a different outcome.

I know this is not football related. I was due to fly on 16th August from Manchester to Riga. The flight is already cancelled by the Airline. If they are doing this then there is not a hope in hell of any kind of football being played with crowds until after this time at the least. 

18 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Its not the connection between FFC and the community that[s the problem the problem is the gulf between the BoD/MSg and the fans is where the problem is i posted on the FFC thread earlier the video with the chairman.  The lack of going to the fans for anything is seen as them capitulating they would rather do a Ratner and tarnish the support in anyway they possibly can between their jump the gun statement to call the fans rascist when the comment was "F**k off back to the english lower leagues where you came from, to the threatening legal action against supporters groups over use of the club badge and copyright infringement when the copyrights had expired and were forced into a panic to try and get the copyright restored again. to the media leaking out the plans to cut the academy before they told anyone else.  All that was damaged inflicted by the Board.  It now seems with a new chair at the helm there seems to be efforts made by the club to bring it back into the community spotlight yet not so much any outreach to the fans the only action they carried out to bring some sort of credibility back to them was to appoint Miller and McCracken as managers so they could do the asking without the board having to bend the knee so to speak.

Do i reckon the fanbase would do the same for the club yes i do as the club is bigger than the MSG/BoD they might have saved the club the last time but it was Back the Bairns that paid the players wages when the liquidation happened with the buckets and the marquee party on the park amongst other fundrasiing.  Do i think the MSG/BoD would ask the fans  to do the same again though "hell will freeze over before they do that" any capitulation to the fanbase for anything shows how stubborn they actually are they would rather cut there nose of to spite their face.

A very well explained primer on the deep seated issue at FFC. When management/directors are that entrenched, it seldom works out well, so I fear you are in for an extended slump, as those clowns attempt to prove they know what they clearly don’t. We’ve had our times like this too, and it’s a hard slog, but if the fan base is a committed now as it was then, FFC “may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.”

8 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Don’t worry we will 

Yea, but it took the better part of a decade for the country.

Onto a more interesting question, if they kill the season with no promotions:

1) I believe FFC has said they are a balanced budget now (excluding COVID fiasco), so there would be scope for only limited changes for 2020-2021?

2) Raith seems to be similar, after three years of cuts (also excluding the COVID mess), and might be able to maintain the existing team. Who would be favored for a redo on League One in 2020-2021? (We know we’ll each say ourselves, but what’s the reasoning)

3) If there is promotion for the top two, how would FFC and Raith be positioned for a 2020-2021 Championship season, again in our opinions?

To answer, in my opinion. 1) IDK 2) At the current time, I’d actually suggest neck and neck, with Raith’s player development being their advantage and Falkirk’s wildcard being what they can add to the current short squad. 3) I think both Raith and FFC could reach mid-table with a few judicious additions to the squads, so if it was a 10 team Championship, I’d target spots 6 and 7 for the pair of them, with chances between as high as 4, and we all know the low.

33 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

That's 11 pages now and still not one person has put forward any sort of argument as to why null and void is a good idea.

It should be off the table, because the very notion of it is stupid, insanely stupid.

It would be unfair to promote or relegate anyone on an incomplete season, these silly ideas of making leagues 14, 16 etc don't really work when we've no idea when next season can start. 

I think this has been explained plenty times over these 11 pages, you clearly don't want to see it though. 

Yes Raith might not like null & void but you've hardly skooshed the league like Dundee Utd & Cove to a lesser extent have. What would you have against being one of the favourites for the league next year instead of dicking about avoiding relegation from the championship? 

Why is binning a season we've no hope of finishing because of a global, life threatening crisis and starting the next one afresh insanely stupid? 

Wipe the slate clean and start again, if null & void is a phrase you don't like. 

N & V has zero constructive merit with regard to moving forward, also unless there is to be no UEFA club comps next season (unlikely they will agree to that) it gives the various FAs a headache deciding who will represent their leagues (SFA would shite the bed on this same as any other decision).

With that in mind the only forward thinking solution is to make plans to move on start afresh.

There will be no football played in the UK before August, even if the season resumed then it’d be September or October before the new season could start and that’s not taking into account the nightmare issue of player contracts.
If the governing bodies had any gumption at all they would be putting plans together on how to conclude the season with a range of ideas dependant on when/if football restarts, sadly they are a bunch of self serving incompetents who hide in their offices waiting on someone else making a decision.

For a laugh & to alleviate boredom, I wondered how it would fare if we called leagues on who had won the most trophies. 

The premiership would finally be rid of Hamilton, leaving the 2 Dundee teams to play off for a place at the top table. 

League 1would have East Fife top with Clyde, Falkirk & Dumbarton filling the play off places. We'd be welcoming back Queens Park at a canter from the bottom league. 

God knows how you'd separate teams who've won hehaw over the years though. 

Why isnt UEFA assisting the government with this virus?
They seem to know when it will all be over and can get back to some normality.
Or it could be the sponsors money they're worried about.
Shower of shysters.

This is pretty much accurate. There are a million ways around appeasing sponsors who want the season finished but UEFA seem determined to not take them. Such a route also seems to ignore sponsors of next season who would surely be unhappy with a shortened season or the scrapping altogether of certain tournaments. With the Euros set for June 2021 there is zero chance that we can finish this season and have a ‘normal’ one next time around. It’s one or the other.

UEFA also seem determined to keep each country to a similar schedule, which makes perfect sense for European competition and transfer windows but is simply just unrealistic. Countries will recover at different rates and different governments will allow gatherings at different times.

There’s little to be gained by clinging on UEFA’s word, but unfortunately Rangers are still in the Europa League and would - rightly - be furious if the SFA approach meant they weren’t given the chance to progress further, no matter how unlikely that is.