2019-20 how to conclude.

F*** Mr Cockwomble, we'll decide!  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

When you look at our level of donations compared to other clubs, some higher up than ourselves, it was a shrewd move to put the appeal out as early as we did. 

Football clubs have no income now. No shame in trying to gain some additional support. 

Agree, a superb effort from Raith fans at a time when everyone is facing so much financial uncertainty. Absolutely embarrassing that some of our fans are using the old "begging bowl" jibe, as if we are some kind of slickly-run operation. Our club appear as determined as ever to keep the fans at arms length. They must spend all day every day regretting shafting the supporters offer of significant investment last summer.

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Agree, a superb effort from Raith fans at a time when everyone is facing so much financial uncertainty. Absolutely embarrassing that some of our fans are using the old "begging bowl" jibe, as if we are some kind of slickly-run operation. Our club appear as determined as ever to keep the fans at arms length. They must spend all day every day regretting shafting the supporters offer of significant investment last summer.

He did say the next thing they are looking towards is team sponsorship, new kits and season ticket sales. but i catch your drift they seem to be hell bent on the fanbase not having to lord it over them for helping the club when its needed but no doubt it will come soon enough. they really are bitter as f**k at us which is pretty shameful.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Scottish Rugby don't seem to have a problem with sponsors looking for money back, they've just voided the season. I think folk are throwing up reasons that don't exist here.

10 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

The SPFL could easily amend the rules to give out prize money, based on whatever system gets enough support to pass.

I've seen absolutely nothing about sponsorship money from anyone who isn't also pushing for calling the season with current standings. Unless there are some very specific and weird clause in the sponsorship contracts, it's incredibly unlikely that a sponsors position would be 'null and void - i want my money back / call as is - great stuff lads, keep all the money, worth every penny'. If it is then these people would genuinely be complete morons.

Dont shoot the messenger

Quite frankly couldn,t care less what will be the end game.Be quite happy to see my team survive and playing in whatever league we,re in

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Raith will be just fine, it was only 2 months ago there was, 30 of them on here telling me about thier multi millonare owner. 

(For the record, don't want to see anyone's club going down the tubes, or folk losing jobs) 

Name them

Found this as one of the proposal for reconstruction basically 2 league 1 split into North and South, we also have the joy of 2 COLT sides joining the leagues worst format yet so you can guarantee the 2 arsecheeks will allow it.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/spfl-reconstruction-how-14-team-scottish-premiership-and-revamped-lower-leagues-will-look-2519779
Any alterations to the existing league set-up would need overwhelming support from member clubs, requiring at least 11 Premiership clubs to back the move along with a majority of clubs down the divisions.
There will be four tiers in the new structure – Premiership 1, Premiership 2, Championship and the same-level League 1 North and League 1 South. Here’s how reconstruction may look...

Premiership reshuffle

Scottish football's top tier will start with 14 teams who play 26 matches i.e. clubs face each other home and away before a mid-season break at the end of January.

The division then splits into the top eight teams – Premiership 1 – who will play each other home and away resulting in a 40-game season.

The bottom six teams will then be joined by the top two teams in the Championship to create the Premiership 2. The eight teams will also play a further 14 games to complete a 40-game season for all clubs barring the two promoted Championship teams, who will play 36.

A league trophy will be presented to the champions.

Championship structure

The Championship will have 12 teams in what the SPFL is calling the pre-split phase, who will play each other home and away. After each club has played 22 games, the top two teams are promoted at the split and join the bottom six Premiership clubs to create Premiership 2. 

The remaining ten Championship clubs play a further two times with the champions winning the league trophy and the tenth-placed team being relegated.

In terms of play-offs, the Championship winners will play the team finishing second bottom in Premiership 2, while the Championship runners-up will play the team finishing third bottom in Premiership 2. The winning teams from both ties will contest a play-off final. The team finishing second-last in the Championship (ninth) will play-off with the League 1 runner-up.

League 1 overhaul

The remaining teams will see significant change in the lower reaches of the SPFL, with two same-step leagues created and named League 1 North and League 1 South.

It is hoped that by regionalising the divisions, it will reduce travel costs and create more derby matches.

There are four remaining spaces for clubs in the new League 1 structure. The SPFL has already indicated that one team each will be bumped up from the Highland League and Lowland League, with the remaining two slots going to Premiership “colt” teams, or a second member of the Highland League and Lowland League.

The teams in both League 1 divisions will play each other four times, resulting in a 36-game season. Play-offs will then be held to decide automatic promotion to the Championship.

The League 1 North winners will face the League 1 South runners-up, with the League 1 North runners-up facing the League 1 South winners.

The two winning team will then contest a play-off final, with the winners being automatically promoted and the losing finalists playing the second-bottom Championship team.

This sounds remarkable similar to the two 12s splitting to three 8s model for the top two tiers that was bombed out a few years ago.

Any proposal that involves colts sides is still a non-starter for me (and plenty others I’m sure).

There's 8 pages of folk saying why they think null and void is the best option.

There’s not though, there’s 8 pages of folk saying that’s what they want to happen (or that’s what will happen) but nobody giving anything like an argument for why it’s the best option.

It appears only raith think that time should be called, there's no way that'll happen. 

That’s also what I’m talking about. How do you know it won’t happen? There’s now precedent in other leagues -as you say there are different circumstances in those leagues but there is precedent so I don’t know how/why people are so certain that null and void will happen and calling the season won’t.
It won’t be as cut and dried as that, all options will be under consideration I’m sure.

And yes, you are correct, Raith will be the least aggrieved team if the season is nulled with no promotion.

As for the team I support, it's definitely on my profile, that you just checked. 

When you look at someone’s profile using the app it doesn’t show you their team or what topics they’ve posted in.
I was able to check on my pc at work to see that you are a Fife fan [emoji1360]

15 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

There’s not though, there’s 8 pages of folk saying that’s what they want to happen (or that’s what will happen) but nobody giving anything like an argument for why it’s the best option.

There is though. There's plenty of folk with no dog in the fight who've explained why they think voiding is better than calling as is.

That’s also what I’m talking about. How do you know it won’t happen? There’s now precedent in other leagues -as you say there are different circumstances in those leagues but there is precedent so I don’t know how/why people are so certain that null and void will happen and calling the season won’t.
It won’t be as cut and dried as that, all options will be under consideration I’m sure.

There's also precedent for nulling and voiding if that's what you're counting as precedent. The lower leagues in England have voided the season.

All the Belgian league decided was to make Bruges champions. They haven't decided what to do about promotion and relegation. Giving Bruges the title was a much easier decision than most as they're 15 points clear with one game left of the regular season. OK, they usually have play-offs but Bruges have proved beyond doubt that they are worthy champions. The issue is when clubs haven't.

Edited by Gordon EF

On 29/03/2020 at 20:16, tazz1903 said:

Just Raith fans desperate to get promotion . 

On 29/03/2020 at 22:45, Scottydog said:

I knew you’d be back wee one soon as the schools were shut.

The prospect of Rovers winning the flag and leaving you alone in the seaside league is clearly eating you up. I see  Mr Young has even devised a cunning ploy to rejig the leagues too, will let’s face it it’s the only way EFFC would ever Manage to get promoted. 

Having said that I’d buy into the idea of those bigger leagues in a heartbeat but I’d doubt others will and it’s their votes that count not ours, they’d see it as too much of a return to the system that they didn’t like before.

Not eating me up at all , just the desperation from raith fans wanting the title and promotion handed to you is hilarious , as you would probably bottle it again . DESPERATION  . 🤣:whistle

images.jpg

Ah little one what's definitely eating you up is the bitterness that comes from living so long in the shadow of your near neighbours.

The last time anyone had to buy silver polish along in Methil it only cost 1d (that's a penny on old money, ask yer granddad). The half empty bottle of Silvo used to reside  in the otherwise empty trophy cabinet at Bayview and would by now have been worth money it's self had Wullie Gray not drank it.

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Also need to mind Raith were one of the first clubs to have the begging bowl out, we might have our players on furlough but the club is stumping up the other 20 per cent rather than ask the players to take a wage cut unlike some clubs that seem to be still living outwith their means.

As is Raith, covering the other 20% that is. For how long we can is the question, and the fund raiser assists that.

As for all the begging bowl jibes, consider that how the thing has played out, the community shows a strong connection to the team. Let me ask a question, really...how do you think an appeal like Raith’s would go over among the Falkirk fans? I know that P&B is self-selecting, and has a large percentage of those who would rather die than support the current BoD, but how about the rest of the fans? There’s lots of discussion on here about a lack of connection between FFC and the community, but is it really THAT bad?

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Name them

Go back the east fife thread to the January transfer window, when a raith fan said they could offer steven Boyd an attractive deal (then lost out to Peterhead). After me commenting on raith finances. 

I can't be bothered, but it'll be there if you can. We are all in difficult unforseen financial situation just now, so I won't gloat over any other club. 

45 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

There is though. There's plenty of folk with no dog in the fight who've explained why they think voiding is better than calling as is.

There's also precedent for nulling and voiding if that's what you're counting as precedent. The lower leagues in England have voided the season.

All the Belgian league decided was to make Bruges champions. They haven't decided what to do about promotion and relegation. Giving Bruges the title was a much easier decision than most as they're 15 points clear with one game left of the regular season. OK, they usually have play-offs but Bruges have proved beyond doubt that they are worthy champions. The issue is when clubs haven't.

That's a decent point. This league is the only one where you couldn't say a team has proved themselves as worthy champions. 

That's why I can see Celtic being awarded the title. But they'd have to do that across the board. 

24 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Go back the east fife thread to the January transfer window, when a raith fan said they could offer steven Boyd an attractive deal (then lost out to Peterhead). After me commenting on raith finances. 

I can't be bothered, but it'll be there if you can. We are all in difficult unforseen financial situation just now, so I won't gloat over any other club. 

I cant be bothered either but pretty certain it wasnt  30

Maybe KK will be along in a mo,he likes a stat

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

What it boils down to is oppostion supporters have a dislike for certain teams hence why the see voiding as better than calling it as it is.If the likes of say Stranraer,Forfar or Peterhead,were sitting top dont think there would be the same call for voiding 

Christ if Falkirk or East Fife were in our position I,d be supportive of voiding it.Its human nature

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

As is Raith, covering the other 20% that is. For how long we can is the question, and the fund raiser assists that.

As for all the begging bowl jibes, consider that how the thing has played out, the community shows a strong connection to the team. Let me ask a question, really...how do you think an appeal like Raith’s would go over among the Falkirk fans? I know that P&B is self-selecting, and has a large percentage of those who would rather die than support the current BoD, but how about the rest of the fans? There’s lots of discussion on here about a lack of connection between FFC and the community, but is it really THAT bad?

Its not the connection between FFC and the community that[s the problem the problem is the gulf between the BoD/MSg and the fans is where the problem is i posted on the FFC thread earlier the video with the chairman.  The lack of going to the fans for anything is seen as them capitulating they would rather do a Ratner and tarnish the support in anyway they possibly can between their jump the gun statement to call the fans rascist when the comment was "F**k off back to the english lower leagues where you came from, to the threatening legal action against supporters groups over use of the club badge and copyright infringement when the copyrights had expired and were forced into a panic to try and get the copyright restored again. to the media leaking out the plans to cut the academy before they told anyone else.  All that was damaged inflicted by the Board.  It now seems with a new chair at the helm there seems to be efforts made by the club to bring it back into the community spotlight yet not so much any outreach to the fans the only action they carried out to bring some sort of credibility back to them was to appoint Miller and McCracken as managers so they could do the asking without the board having to bend the knee so to speak.

Do i reckon the fanbase would do the same for the club yes i do as the club is bigger than the MSG/BoD they might have saved the club the last time but it was Back the Bairns that paid the players wages when the liquidation happened with the buckets and the marquee party on the park amongst other fundrasiing.  Do i think the MSG/BoD would ask the fans  to do the same again though "hell will freeze over before they do that" any capitulation to the fanbase for anything shows how stubborn they actually are they would rather cut there nose of to spite their face.

This article saying how they are looking to resolve it down south:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/coventry-city-would-promoted-league-18032656

While the formula hasn't been totally explained,  The Independent  reports that the RFU will apply each club’s average points total, both home and away, to their remaining fixtures and decide the final league table that way. 

Unless certain teams experience major differences in their performances in home games compared to away games, this will not alter current standings in such a way to be a cause for concern.

So, using what we know of the RFU method, we can use points per game - split between home and away fixtures - to determine the outcome.

On 30/03/2020 at 19:44, spot on said:

The horse race argument doesn’t wash in this scenario as a horse race is a one off event, the football season is not. If Falkirk fans want to moan if Raith do get promoted then they should look at their management team as if they hadn’t come to Starks Park recently to park the bus and scrape a draw rather than going for a win then they would have a stronger argument as they would have been top of the league if they had won the three points...if Celtic get awarded the league then DDUTD , Raith and Cove have to get it too, and I don’t  see the powers that be being strong enough to take it away from Celtic.

Some teams are going to suffer out of this but I really don’t see clubs taking legal action, not in this climate , we all have personal interests for our own teams but I’m just not sure that we have strong enough leadership to make a quick decision and it could go on for weeks yet.

You can call the league as it is , no relegation and 4 teams promoted from each league. Top two in lowland and Highland league promoted. Next season return it too its original state with 4 down and playoffs and similar in league 2 to redress the leagues. I see no club suffering with this scenario. 

Edited by foreverarover

On 31/03/2020 at 12:55, stevoraith said:

So you can award European places based on current standings but not promotion or relegation?
Seems an odd distinction to make.

Not really as the European places realistically are dictated by uefa in relation to league placings.  They have stated it is up to each FA to decide how to decide thier own league and they will use that for European competitions for the next season.