2019-20 how to conclude.

F*** Mr Cockwomble, we'll decide!  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

How the f**k does the promotion/ relegation to and from the premiership work in that proposal? I can’t get my head around it! What a load of shite.

Basically the top 2 teams in the Championship before the split, join the bottom 6 of the premiership once the season splits to form an SPL 2

the team that wins the championship gets to play the team at the bottom of the SPL 2 and the team that comes runner up gets to play the team that came 3rd bottom the winner of those games goes to a final in what i can only imagine gets you promotion so if you thought it was difficult to get into the premiership now then you will be completely f**ked trying to get into it if that format gets the go ahead.

Stand a better chance trying to negotaite a peace deal in the middle east  in fact probably get better odds on winning the lottery.

If a race is not run to the finish there is no winners or losers, Abandon this season, Share the money amongst all the clubs, to preserve the game we all love, i think the majority of us will agree this is the fairest way,this not a time for greed.

29 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Basically the top 2 teams in the Championship before the split, join the bottom 6 of the premiership once the season splits to form an SPL 2

the team that wins the championship gets to play the team at the bottom of the SPL 2 and the team that comes runner up gets to play the team that came 3rd bottom the winner of those games goes to a final in what i can only imagine gets you promotion so if you thought it was difficult to get into the premiership now then you will be completely f**ked trying to get into it if that format gets the go ahead.

Stand a better chance trying to negotaite a peace deal in the middle east  in fact probably get better odds on winning the lottery.

Was still struggling for a while but I think I might have got it now......

Top 2 from championship go up at the split into SPL2.

At the end of the season, bottom 3 from the SPL2 and the top from the 'losers championship' play in a 4 way play-off.

Winner gets to be in the SPL for the next season, the other 3 start the season in the championship.

So you could effectively have 3 teams promoted (if the top two manage to stay out of the bottom 3 in a 6 team SPL2) and the top of the losers championship wins the play-off.

Or you could have none promoted if the top two go up, finish in the bottom 3 and are then beaten in the play-offs by the other team which finished in the bottom 3.

Ridiculously over complicated and utterly horse-shit.

And you'd still have the problem of who do you crown championship champions?  Is it the team that finihsed top at the split?  Or the one that finished top at the end of the season?  Either way it's pretty crap.

4 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

If a race is not run to the finish there is no winners or losers, Abandon this season, Share the money amongst all the clubs, to preserve the game we all love, i think the majority of us will agree this is the fairest way,this not a time for greed.

Now that we can't finish this season, this is almost certainly what will happen. 

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Was still struggling for a while but I think I might have got it now......

Top 2 from championship go up at the split into SPL2.

At the end of the season, bottom 3 from the SPL2 and the top from the 'losers championship' play in a 4 way play-off.

Winner gets to be in the SPL for the next season, the other 3 start the season in the championship.

So you could effectively have 3 teams promoted (if the top two manage to stay out of the bottom 3 in a 6 team SPL2) and the top of the losers championship wins the play-off.

Or you could have none promoted if the top two go up, finish in the bottom 3 and are then beaten in the play-offs by the other team which finished in the bottom 3.

Ridiculously over complicated and utterly horse-shit.

And you'd still have the problem of who do you crown championship champions?  Is it the team that finihsed top at the split?  Or the one that finished top at the end of the season?  Either way it's pretty crap.

Your forgetting the key element of the proposal we are saddled with the OF colts so given the fact IF the colts cant get promoted then you can pretty much guarantee that the whole idea of this farce of a plan is that the 2 arsecheeks that is Scottish football i.e. the old firm get to fight it out for promotion whilst preserving the status quo of no one being relegated really in any of the leagues and no one really being promoted so we might as well scrap the whole league structure and let Celtic and Rangers play each other 4 times a year as the rest of the games are just to watch a game of football in the off chance no one supports either of the arsecheeks.

1 minute ago, stevoraith said:

Based on what?
Don’t you mean “this is what I want to happen”?

Who do you support btw, can’t see it on the app.

That's a bit rich tbf.

Not having a go but I don't think anyone should really be taking the opinions of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Partick, Alloa, Raith, Falkirk, Stranraer, Cove or Brechin supporters too seriously as objective opinions in this matter.

8 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

All these asterisks is going to get very confusing. So Celtic* will have a different meaning to Rangers*?

Why Kelty when Bonnyrigg could also win?

Don’t asterisk always have whatever meaning you desire in the record books?

As for Bonnyrigg, if you look at my comment, it is based upon declaring the leaguers done, as of current standings...and Kelty is one more played, but 6 points clear.

With regard to payouts, equal payouts sounds good, but is an onerous result in the lower leagues, and should only be considered if the total payout is raised for those leagues. In other words; pay all League Two teams like they finished 3rd, pay all League One Teams like they finished 3rd, all Championship teams like they finished 4th, and the rest goes to the Premiership teams to arm wrestle over.

If we wish to pay based upon position, then the most sensible way to proceed would be to credit each team with their average points per game until their played total reaches the amount of the most played. To use your example, that keeps Kelty at the top, but moves BSC to third from fourth. [ (51/22 x 5) + 51 = 62.59 for BSC, while ES get (53/26 x 1) + 53 = 55.04) ]

As a bonus: in the Premiership, St. Johnstone pass Hibs for sixth; in the Championship, Partick remains last; and in the Highland League, the Loco Works drop all the way to fifth and Fort William claw their way to sixteenth!

20 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

That's a bit rich tbf.

Not having a go but I don't think anyone should really be taking the opinions of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Partick, Alloa, Raith, Falkirk, Stranraer, Cove or Brechin supporters too seriously as objective opinions in this matter.

That's a fair point, but what I want to happen isn't really relevant though.

Those who are loudly shouting for the null and void conlclusion seem convinced that that will indeed be the outcome.

I just wondered if the smugness was based on anything?  Is it based on a precedent elsewhere, a rumour from someone in-the-know, a little legal gem that they've heard about but the rest of us are still ignorant of......... or is it, as I suspect, just what they want to happen but it's being pedalled as 'the only sensible decision' with nothing to back up why it's more credible or likely than other options.

Also and I'll repeat for the umpteenth time in the hope that someone will provide an answer, I still cannot fathom why anyone wants null and void (unless their team are in the relegation places).

If we were behind Falkirk by one point I'd rather the league was called and they were promoted than simply null and void it.

Null and void or call-as-is makes no difference to the team sitting second by a point, they get the same result either way.  I'd rather someone was rewarded for their efforts over more than 3/4 of a season.

2 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Also and I'll repeat for the umpteenth time in the hope that someone will provide an answer, I still cannot fathom why anyone wants null and void (unless their team are in the relegation places).

There's 8 pages of folk saying why they think null and void is the best option. The season isn't done, so calling a champion is premature. Having said that, I'm so unbelievably bored of Raith fans saying "how is this fair?!" that I'm inclined to just give you the fucking thing.

42 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Based on what?
Don’t you mean “this is what I want to happen”?

Who do you support btw, can’t see it on the app.

There isn't going to be time to finish this season, now that this lock down is going to carry on longer that anyone first thought. They've cancelled Wimbledon, the grand national, Edinburgh Festival, cop26, moved the Olympics & euro 2020, but you think they'll finish scottish league 1.

It's not what I want to happen & I feel dundee utd have a bigger case to feel aggrieved.

Raith have spent much of this season top & would start next season as at least 2nd favourites. 

It appears only raith think that time should be called, there's no way that'll happen. 

As for the team I support, it's definitely on my profile, that you just checked. 

So, as I've not really got a dog in the fight, it makes no real difference to me, if the season was played to an end and raith won it, the fair enough, as a proud Fifer I'm happy to see all Fife clubs doing well. 

I would be happy enough just to have football to watch after the summer, if its in this league then so be it. I reckon we could win it next season if we can escape the shutdown without too much damage. 

There isn't going to be time to finish this season, now that this lock down is going to carry on longer that anyone first thought. They've cancelled Wimbledon, the grand national, Edinburgh Festival, cop26, moved the Olympics & euro 2020, but you think they'll finish scottish league 1.
It's not what I want to happen & I feel dundee utd have a bigger case to feel aggrieved.
Raith have spent much of this season top & would start next season as at least 2nd favourites. 
It appears only raith think that time should be called, there's no way that'll happen. 
As for the team I support, it's definitely on my profile, that you just checked. 
So, as I've not really got a dog in the fight, it makes no real difference to me, if the season was played to an end and raith won it, the fair enough, as a proud Fifer I'm happy to see all Fife clubs doing well. 
[/quote

And on that note Bruges have been crowned champions in Belgium so it doesn’t seem to be only Raith that believe this will happen [emoji43]

25 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Also need to mind Raith were one of the first clubs to have the begging bowl out, we might have our players on furlough but the club is stumping up the other 20 per cent rather than ask the players to take a wage cut unlike some clubs that seem to be still living outwith their means.

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Also need to mind Raith were one of the first clubs to have the begging bowl out, we might have our players on furlough but the club is stumping up the other 20 per cent rather than ask the players to take a wage cut unlike some clubs that seem to be still living outwith their means.

When you look at our level of donations compared to other clubs, some higher up than ourselves, it was a shrewd move to put the appeal out as early as we did. 

Football clubs have no income now. No shame in trying to gain some additional support.