2019-20 how to conclude.

F*** Mr Cockwomble, we'll decide!  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

SPFL rules are pretty clear that whoever is too when the music stops are champions. So Rovers will win the league and go up, but everything else is less straightforward. 

You can't just promote the second places teams, it's daft.  If anything like that is to happen, everyone who would have qualified for playoffs should go up.

16 (keep split)

10 or north south

Just for one year if necessary, but that's the only 'no losers' scenario imo

Was sitting the other day working out some stuff for work and thought I would work out the plan for what to do going forward.

Thought about a full change
14 team leagues x 3
Then the Highland and lowland.
Then the Eos, wos, sos etc

Do a 7 team split half way through season so after 26 games (home and away) so top 7 play each other 2 times and bottom 7 play each other 2 times (home and away). As I noticed Michael Stewart says it's contractual for old firm....

Top 2 automatically go up a league like English leagues.
Can do the play offs like we do currently or have a 3rd v 12th in league above play off "final" only.

IMG_20200329_191128.jpeg

24 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Was sitting the other day working out some stuff for work and thought I would work out the plan for what to do going forward.

14 team leagues x 3

Do a 7 team split half way through season so after 26 games (home and away) so top 7 play each other 2 times and bottom 7 play each other 2 times (home and away). As I noticed Michael Stewart says it's contractual for old firm....

Can do the play offs like we do currently or have a 3rd v 12th in league above play off "final" only.

IMG_20200329_191128.jpeg

25 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

14 team leagues x 3

IMG_20200329_191128.jpeg

Sound pretty good to me sir. Probably too simple and straightforward to be adopted !

14 team leagues x 3

IMG_20200329_191128.thumb.jpeg.0f9a9a64b605f3674051e9d03863b362.jpeg
7 team split means one team sitting it out every matchday.

Yup and as there is an extra 4 match days needed with 40 games means that the 4 midweek games needed someone takes a turn each week to sit a game out therefore not tiring the teams out as many are part time [emoji4]

2 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

Just Raith fans desperate to get promotion . 

I knew you’d be back wee one soon as the schools were shut.

The prospect of Rovers winning the flag and leaving you alone in the seaside league is clearly eating you up. I see  Mr Young has even devised a cunning ploy to rejig the leagues too, will let’s face it it’s the only way EFFC would ever Manage to get promoted. 

Having said that I’d buy into the idea of those bigger leagues in a heartbeat but I’d doubt others will and it’s their votes that count not ours, they’d see it as too much of a return to the system that they didn’t like before.

Most clubs will be desperate for some kind of update and clarity, and the problem is nobody has any idea how long this situation will last. 

My totally uninformed gut feeling is....

- The league won't be finished 'naturally'. Would cause chaos trying to structure next season, especially if we are looking at 6 months minimum before we can even think about football again. 

- I don't think the new season will start with the same teams in the same leagues. I think either they will call the leagues as is, or put some kind of reconstruction in place. I'd guess they will try and honour the relatively cut and dried Championship and League 2 title races in some creative fashion whilst trying not to relegate anyone. Still leaves the question of Premiership title though, which will be very interesting. 

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see us copy whatever England do. 

It would be good to see some clarity, and to actually have something to work towards.  Granted this is an absolutely mental and unprecedented situation, but the chat about the same things over and over in the media is a bit tiresome. 

I must say, I'd even be delighted if in 6 months time I'm watching the Rovers still jobbing around this league to be honest.  Just hope we all still have our respective clubs to watch when this is all over. I guess the reassuring thing is almost every club is in the same boat. 

Edited by CALDERON

What with the Deputy Chief Medical officer saying, yesterday, that it could be 6 months before normality resumes.

The very real prospect of season 2019/2020 just being binned & us starting again from afresh in the late Summer/Autumn looks increasing more likely.

Harsh when 3 of our 4 leagues are forgone conclusions.

6 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

14 team leagues x 3

IMG_20200329_191128.jpeg

Thief...see page one...

“Take current positions, convert to 3 x 14 next year. One full round versus all for 26 games, then a full round versus your “half” of the table, another 12 games. 19 total home games. HL/LL get no promotion this year, but will be two chances starting next year.

Starting next year, promote #1 and 2, #3-5 playoff with #12 above, #13-14 relegated and (as noted) #12 playoff. On the bottom of the third league, #14 plays HL/LL winner with best record, #13 plays the other.”

...but, seriously, about the worst loser of this is Clyde, who will likely move up next year, and the HL/LL teams that will get two spots doing forward.

Edited by TxRover

Thief...see page one...

“Take current positions, convert to 3 x 14 next year. One full round versus all for 26 games, then a full round versus your “half” of the table, another 12 games. 19 total home games. HL/LL get no promotion this year, but will be two chances starting next year.

Starting next year, promote #1 and 2, #3-5 playoff with #12 above, #13-14 relegated and (as noted) #12 playoff. On the bottom of the third league, #14 plays HL/LL winner with best record, #13 plays the other.”

...but, seriously, about the worst loser of this is Clyde, who will likely move up next year, and the HL/LL teams that will get two spots doing forward.

Haha never noticed that mate. It's by far the best idea to go forward

The antibody test might change things. If we can test to see if folk have had it and now have immunity, you might find that FAs try and get some controlled games behind closed doors once teams have been thoroughly tested. I would agree it's unlikely we have open matches before August though.

16 hours ago, haufdaft said:
17 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

14 team leagues x 3

IMG_20200329_191128.thumb.jpeg.0f9a9a64b605f3674051e9d03863b362.jpeg

This looks a great solution, sadly the bigoted arsecheeks are firmly opposed to any 14 or bigger team leagues, so it won't happen.

First decent post on here, Scottish Football is run primarily by the Glasgow two, coupled with these unprecedented times, all the therapeutic dreams of two up and all the other stuff is just nonsense 

My opinion is that the only option is to forget what has happened this season.

Forget any reconstruction, this season will be “ lost” and only waiting on the length of lockdown to see when the new season starts, this looks like well into the Autumn. For consolations 

Winners - Hearts Partick Stranraer Brechin

Losers - Celtic Dundee Utd Cove 

Second decent post on here from Bantabairn.

Delete this season, start anew when we can.

Why is there the desperation to f**k up multiple seasons rather than just the current one?

18 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

14 team leagues x 3

Way ahead of you on this one:

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/264385-league-reconstruction/page/3/#comments

The principal complaint about an enlarged league of any form are so-called 'meaningless games' in the mid-table: for a split, the issue raised is normally what the teams sitting 8th, 9th etc. have to play for if there's no serious threat of them being relegated after 26 games. This is where the play-off system can be used to provide competitive games throughout the league as follows:

Have two automatic relegation/promotion spots between each league, with 12th (league above), 3rd and 4th all qualifying for the semi-finals of a play-off system. Then hold a run-off between 5th and 8th placed side ('winner' of the bottom half) to see who gets the last semi-final spot. By expanding the leagues the immediate threat of relegation is lower for clubs in the top flight and second tier than it is right now, while having more movement between the divisions instead of playing the same half dozen teams forty times over a decade. A similar play-off system (including 8th from the bottom half) should apply for at least one of the European spots, but I haven't even tried to work out the effects of the coefficient/new Europa League 2 nonsense on how that should work.