2019-20 how to conclude.

F*** Mr Cockwomble, we'll decide!  

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Raith chairman Bill Clark has given an interview outlining the 4 proposals that have been kicked around in a meeting of L1 participants (and others). What would be your preferred option? 

I've listed in the poll the 4 he spoke of and also put a 5th option should you have an alternative suggestion.

Obviously no option is going to suit everyone and some (eg, playing out the season before June) may not even be possible at all but we may as well have some debate to discuss it and argue the Pro's and Con's......after all there's not a lot else to do.

For me Option 1, (Null & Void) is a definite no go as it not only is financially crippling to my club but also means the whole season I've watched has counted for absolutely nothing, even if there was a compensation package offered I'd still not want it!

Option 2.  (as long as it takes to play out) I just don't think this will happen, too many variables. I doubt the season will re-commence in June and even if it does what happens to the players who are out of contract or have agreements in place to move to new clubs?

Option 3, (Stop and award the titles) Unsurprisingly I wouldn't mind it, but if I'm honest I just don't think it's fair. If it happens and I was a Falkirk fan I'd be incandescent with rage. If I was the Falkirk or Hears Chairman I'd be right on to my clubs lawyers.

Option 4, No relegation from any league, promotion for the top 2, Admission of Lowland & Highland league champs to L2. Again not perfect in any way but perhaps the best of a bad bunch. Desperate times call for desperate measure and for me this is it.

Christ, not another bloody thread.

No offence man but there is a perfectly good one running already. All the options examined and all the self interest, trolling and general boredom already on display.

Just now, renton said:

Christ, not another bloody thread.

No offence man but there is a perfectly good one running already. All the options examined and all the self interest, trolling and general boredom already on display.

Fair do's, but  I couldn't see a poll and most of the threads were dealing with multiple issues.

Just now, Scottydog said:

Fair do's, but  I couldn't see a poll and most of the threads were dealing with multiple issues.

Probably don't need one, just look at what team they support:lol:

Take current positions, convert to 3 x 14 next year. One full round versus all for 26 games, then a full round versus your “half” of the table, another 12 games. 19 total home games. HL/LL get no promotion this year, but will be two chances starting next year.

Starting next year, promote #1 and 2, #3-5 playoff with #12 above, #13-14 relegated and (as noted) #12 playoff. On the bottom of the third league, #14 plays HL/LL winner with best record, #13 plays the other.

2 up no relegation 

void the season means its all been in vain, Managers have lost their jobs for nothing whether they deserved to or not

players will be out of contract in June, how can you offer a new one or bring anyone else in when you cant even sell season tickets unless you know what league your gonna be in, and even those mid table teams who CAN set season ticket prices, still don't know when the new season will start and they sure won't want to be paying wages out apart from those already signed

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

2 up no relegation 

void the season means its all been in vain, Managers have lost their jobs for nothing whether they deserved to or not

players will be out of contract in June, how can you offer a new one or bring anyone else in when you cant even sell season tickets unless you know what league your gonna be in, and even those mid table teams who CAN set season ticket prices, still don't know when the new season will start and they sure won't want to be paying wages out apart from those already signed

The problem there is getting back to normal structure involves relegating three or four teams next year.

Its fucking simple. Just like you're average lino fan.

Play the season out, even if it goes to October. Its fair fucks.

2020-2021 season could be a half season. 1 home fixture and 1 away.None of this 4 times a season nonsense. f**k the cups. They screwed that up years ago.

It’s not simple though.

It’s incredibly difficult to sort out player contracts. It’s not really fair to have different squads to finish the season so do you mandate the players stay on? What if the club doesn’t want to keep them? What if they have a new club or just want to leave?

Then you’re fucking up next season because it’s a short season so you can’t generate much revenue from your season tickets and you’ve also lost revenue from the cups.

It’s the type of idea that sounds simple but when you actually think about the practicalities it’s not workable.

It’s not simple though.

It’s incredibly difficult to sort out player contracts. It’s not really fair to have different squads to finish the season so do you mandate the players stay on? What if the club doesn’t want to keep them? What if they have a new club or just want to leave?

Then you’re fucking up next season because it’s a short season so you can’t generate much revenue from your season tickets and you’ve also lost revenue from the cups.

It’s the type of idea that sounds simple but when you actually think about the practicalities it’s not workable.

Just don’t open the transfer window until the fixtures for this season are complete. Clubs could give players short term extensions or if players refuse to stay on they wouldn’t be able to sign for another club until the transfer window opens.

4 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Just don’t open the transfer window until the fixtures for this season are complete. Clubs could give players short term extensions or if players refuse to stay on they wouldn’t be able to sign for another club until the transfer window opens.

So we blackmail the players into signing an extension?

7 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Fukin hell,you,ve taken stupidity to a new level 😂

You need sectioned

A mere mention of codeword "Simple" and you pop up. 

Promoting or indeed relegating clubs without seeing out the season would be a travesty. 

See it out or null and void. 

Edited by Stevo Fife

If it's null & void why would you expect a compensation package? 

You don't like this because it's financially crippling to your club?

No one knows when this will end, preferred option is to play out season with players registrations extended until fixtures completed. If this goes on past September this is unlikely though. 

It's not going to be up to you, me or the sfa/spfl. uefa will tell us, probably with what suits la liga, bundesligsa, Premier league the best. 

Edited by Life on Marrs?

Some players will have already signed agreements with clubs for next season - and not necessarily with their current club. It’s fairly common.

Still can’t comprehend why anyone thinks making the season null and void is their preferred option (with the exception of the four teams in the relegation spots).
There are just no benefits to that scenario at all.

Obviously playing the season would be the best way forward but it has a massive list of problems and is far from simple.
Every other potential solution also has its problems- people need to understand that, not just spout the usual “it’s simple, just do this”.

There isn’t a good solution for this, like Bill Clark says, we need to find the least worst solution and that is the one that disadvantages the smallest amount of clubs by the smallest amount.

There is no simple solution if this drags on, if there was UEFA, SFA, SPFL would be shouting it on every news channel.

Perfect time to restructure the leagues if we can’t finish the season. Then promotion and relegation is irrelevant, prize money is difficult do you pay teams on current standings or share the money equally in each league? Can’t see us finishing this season and as stated you can’t just finish it at a later date with different players how would that work for teams going up and down? QOS sign a new squad for the Championship but are relegated a few weeks later? Falkirk go up with a League 1 squad and can’t improve their squad for the higher level.