Best/Worst Championship Ground

Best/Worst Championship Ground  

322 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

Really? I’m not saying Palmy isn’t good but I know two guys who won’t go to Cappielow because they’re over 6 feet and can’t fit in the seats. You have to rule it out on that basis. 

Sadly, I have no need to rule out anything on the basis that it's deemed unsuitable for six footers.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think the big long terracing alongside the pitch is a major plus.

A cracking ground.  

It's up there with Morton's and ours.

I do enjoy going to Palmerston but would like to see us win there sometime lol

37 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Did Morton not buy a roof for the WDE? Shame that never happened. 

Yep, we bought a roof from St Mirren after they moved from Love Street. It was at the time when the stadium rules for the top division were more onerous than they are now, and if we’d got promoted (stop sniggering at the back!) it could’ve gone up reasonably quickly and would’ve been a shrewd move. We didn’t, of course, and rule changes meant it wouldn’t have been needed anyway, so it’s now in storage alongside the ground. Dunno what state it’ll be in now though.

I really, really like Starks Park. Right mix of old and new. Has character.
It annoys me because behind the goals are two cracking stands. Then you have the old main stand that only goes half way plus it's an awful view for away fans if you're housed in there. And then you have the empty stand at the other side. It's a quirky stadium.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
28 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

It annoys me because behind the goals are two cracking stands. Then you have the old main stand that only goes half way plus it's an awful view for away fans if you're housed in there. And then you have the empty stand at the other side. It's a quirky stadium.

Don't know how long Raith have been doing it for but both times this season we've been housed in the "empty" stand. View was decent and I imagine much better than being away in the corner of the main stand.

Would agree on earlier shouts that Mortons good when you're behind the goal but shite when you're in the stand. I also liked Palmerston but that could be swayed more by the day out and not the ground itself, although the ground is still a nice mix of old and new.

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

Don't know how long Raith have been doing it for but both times this season we've been housed in the "empty" stand. View was decent and I imagine much better than being away in the corner of the main stand.

Would agree on earlier shouts that Mortons good when you're behind the goal but shite when you're in the stand. I also liked Palmerston but that could be swayed more by the day out and not the ground itself, although the ground is still a nice mix of old and new.

For a few years now, including the last time we played Queens. 

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I've only ever been in the stand behind the goal so can't comment.

I'd imagine the wee one at the side is much like our Main Stand designed by Archibald Leitch - it's the nicest looking stand in the ground but a b*****d to sit in.

For a few years now, including the last time we played Queens. 
Aye we were in there for the play-offs. I never attended so can't comment on the view/comfort.
I've only ever been in the stand behind the goal so can't comment.
I'd imagine the wee one at the side is much like our Main Stand designed by Archibald Leitch - it's the nicest looking stand in the ground but a b*****d to sit in.
I've been in Raith's once and it was awful. I think I moved about 3 times. Unless I'm misremembering, it was just concrete steps you were sat on. Not ideal at the best of times but a b*****d on a cold midweek game. To rub salt in the wound we dominated the game and conceded a last minute goal with Raith's first shot on target. We then took a wrong turn on the way home due to roadworks and ended up heading to Edinburgh. All in all a shite night but it was entirely down to being housed in that stand IMO.

Hopefully nobody associated with Dundee Football Club attends Stair Park or whatever its called in Kirkcaldy (players and those essential aside) and those who do get in, take the three easy points and depart back to peace and proper civilisation as quickly as possible. 

5 hours ago, Dele said:

It's really sad I cast such terrible bait to Raith fans the first bite I get is from that fucking lunatic Morton fan. Fucking hell. 

Rrriiiggghhhttt.......    🤪

9 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

Not as big a fan, literally the length of the pitch away from each other when we're there. Be nice if the Raith fans were in the railway stand

Great away day, looking forward to it.