Best/Worst Championship Ground

Best/Worst Championship Ground  

322 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not really.

It's you who started slagging other supports, m8, all I've done is merely respond in kind.

Your whole "Dundee fans" nonsense doesn't hold any water considering you, yourself, do the exact same. 

Happy to help. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I tried to make it clear a lot of it was influenced by the situations I'd be in, in terms of support/how the game went.

I mean, this season we took more fans away to Ayr than Dundee had for a home Scottish Cup tie against Premiership opposition, so theres that.

It really is a laugh that this is such a memorable thing for you, given how much of an exception to the rule that you know fine well to be true.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It really is a laugh that this is such a memorable thing for you.

It happened about 2 months ago m8.

4 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

And yet, despite the pleasure you seem to be getting from your crowdwanking, over the last decade or so St Johnstone (and Hamilton, though maybe to a lesser degree) have been more successful on the pitch than either Partick or Dundee have. 

What a shame. 

Do you want to talk about Morton’s on the pitch achievements during the past three decades?

2 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

And you seem to have mentioned it every day since. Getting a bricker because your team took more than normal to an away game. Clearly the first away game you have ever been to. Minter.

It's not even in the top 5 away Saints supports I've been in m8y.

Continue mocking Saints though, it definitely isnt fantastic to see.

"I'm not bothered" 

"No, I'm not bothered!" 

"Well I'm even less bothered!!" 

Aye cheers lads. St Johnstone had a decent away support one time and Dundee had a shite home attenance the same day. Some patter. 

On 29/04/2020 at 18:09, RandomGuy. said:

Never visited Alloa to have an opinion.

Best would be East End Park, that's heavily influenced by one of the most enjoyable Saints games going happening there (Liam Craig putting us top in the promotion season with a 35 yarder right in front of the away support), but theres no negatives at all.

Somerset would run it close after the Cup game, but again heavily influenced by the size of support we took through. Facilities are laughable.

ICT doesnt allow any atmosphere between opposing fans, and is entirely a bit shite, but Firhill is horrendous. Wedged in the Main Stand with rotten, filthy, seats and absolutely no chance of any atmosphere at all. Just brutal.

Arbroath has its charms, Morton is judged twice (Main Stand is just awful with the shite leg room and posts, behind the goals under the floodlights is great), QOS is probably shite but a great game happened there (3-3, 3-1 down after 80 mins and last minute equaliser in front of away fans).

Dens Park is comfortably better than Tannadice, but only because we get behind the goals at Dens and wedged alongside the sideline at Tannadice, you cant see a corner of the pitch.

I'm aware McDiarmid is soulless and would come bottom of this, before anyone says.

1. Dunfermline 

2. Ayr

3. Dundee

4. Morton (not Main Stand)

5. Dundee United

6. QOS

7. Arbroath

8. ICT

9. Partick

Somerset Park is wildly overrated. Apart from about fifty seats in the stand it's hard to get a decent view from anywhere in the away end. That said, the pie stall is braw.

3 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Do you want to talk about Morton’s on the pitch achievements during the past three decades?

Nope. Nor do I feel the need to discuss with you the better years that I well remember .before that.  I don’t know you, don’t wish to know you, have no particular wish to discuss my club of choice with you and don’t give a toss what you think of Morton or any other club.

However, I do find it funny to point out the absurdity of you and the other guy sneering at St Johnstone’s attendances compared to your own and ignoring the corollary that your own teams must certainly have underachieved compared to them, given the obvious financial benefits that your larger attendances must surely have given you.

Sneer at others if you wish, but be prepared for the pointing and laughing in return. It’s what this little nest of vipers of a forum is all about, after all.

8 hours ago, I am Partacus said:

Somerset Park is wildly overrated. Apart from about fifty seats in the stand it's hard to get a decent view from anywhere in the away end. That said, the pie stall is braw.

As I said, heavily influenced by the fact we packed out behind the goal and spent the whole game singing, while also cruising to victory.

The toilets and burger van were tinpot as f**k.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not even in the top 5 away Saints supports I've been in m8y.

Continue mocking Saints though, it definitely isnt fantastic to see.

He wasn't mocking Saints at all - he was mocking you and rightly so. The way you go on about that amazing day out for you is cringey as f**k

Just now, Dan Danger said:

He wasn't mocking Saints at all - he was mocking you and rightly so. The way you go on about that amazing day out for you is cringey as f**k

I hadnt posted anything about Dundee until St Johnstone were brought into it...

21 hours ago, Dele said:

Considering they barely eclipse that total at home, its hardly surprising. 

... learn to read m8.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

How the Hell did this descend quite so steeply into hideous crowd wanking territory?

Falkirk aren't even in the division any more.

Because Dundee fans still are.

Surprised it took them this long to mention St Johnstone crowds

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because Dundee fans still are.

Surprised it took them this long to mention St Johnstone crowds

For somebody telling folk to learn to read, you're certainly struggling badly on that front yourself. 

23 minutes ago, Dan Danger said:

Hilariously a St Johnstone fan started it.

😳 Really?? Here's what he posted re their travelling support:

On 29/04/2020 at 18:09, RandomGuy. said:

Best would be East End Park, that's heavily influenced by one of the most enjoyable Saints games going happening there (Liam Craig putting us top in the promotion season with a 35 yarder right in front of the away support), but theres no negatives at all.

Somerset would run it close after the Cup game, but again heavily influenced by the size of support we took through. Facilities are laughable.

QOS is probably shite but a great game happened there (3-3, 3-1 down after 80 mins and last minute equaliser in front of away fans).

I'm aware McDiarmid is soulless and would come bottom of this, before anyone says.

Pretty innocuous stuff, clearly talking about his own team's support and what they took to one game  relative to what they would normally take, and he then concedes that his own ground doesn't have much atmosphere. 

But then you get these two wading in:

23 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

In almost 30 years of going to games, I’ve never seen St Johnstone take more than a tractor load of fans to Firhill, so I’m not so sure you can blame the admittedly terrible main stand for that.

Teams like Hamilton and Ayr manage to create an atmosphere with a few hundred fans.

23 hours ago, Dele said:

Considering they barely eclipse that total at home, its hardly surprising. 

So, care to rethink on who started on the crowdwanking?