Best/Worst Championship Ground

Best/Worst Championship Ground  

322 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The worst was kinda hard to pick.

Cappielow is so uncomfortable but the view is decent. Dens is ok, apart from one midweek game where we were shoved right up in the corner thats not in line with the pitch but I plumped for Alloa just because I hate being so low down in that gazebo.

Best - Arbroath

Worst - well the main stand at Cappielow isn't fit for humans to be in but its still wins out over the  mess of a ground that is Alloa. Second level of Scottish football and a team are allowed in whose main stand doesn't have a single seat that offers a decent view of the pitch and which has something nicked from B&Q down the other side of the park. 

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We've got quite a good selection of grounds in this division so i can see why the best might be quite close.

How anyone doesn't pick Rec's for the worst i'll have no idea tho. 0 redeeming features.  

Pie on a roll. That's why.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

East End the best. 

Worst is Cappielow by a fucking country mile. 

Eh!

Not a fan of real football grounds. Standing is great but stand seats are too tight. View is great.

Quite like Dens away end but home main stands look shite.

Voted for QOS but Dunfermline is also decent.

1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

Alloa. Second level of Scottish football and a team are allowed in whose main stand doesn't have a single seat that offers a decent view of the pitch and which has something nicked from B&Q down the other side of the park. 

if you are talking about the gazebo i get it , but the MAIN stand offers a great view , ....bawheid   🙂

haven't been to palmerston or caley so i do not know,  the rest don't stand out as either poor or very good anyway , i like to stand when i can so quite like  Arbroath . (taking into account arctic clothing is a must ). 

Edited by whereismillar

Best is probably Arbroath, although Queens is also a good away day and I like Ayr as well. I'm not allowed to say East End but I do think it's a good ground - good view from most places, excellent disabled facilities compared to most other grounds, good catering and fairly close to the town centre.

Worst is Cappilow if we have to go into the stand (no room, awful stewards, no facilities so you have to go down into the home end) although it's great if you are in the covered terrace. Alloa is also pretty grim. The gazebo is pretty crap and if you want to stand there is no terrace to speak off so you don't get any height to watch the game. We used to sometimes get the wee cowshed behind the goals which was OK but not even the pie on a roll van can redeem it.

18 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

if you are talking about the gazebo i get it , but the MAIN stand offers a great view , ....bawheid   🙂

Having been in the main stand this season I can 100% confirm that the view is terrible, it was so piss poor that I left and went and stood behind the goal for a better view of the game.

Somerset is comfortably the best venue when there is a strong away support and a crackling atmosphere from both ends. Only thing that lets it down is the lack of surrounding pubs.

In terms of worst, Inverness Caley Thistle's stadium is in an absolutely beautiful location but my god what a soulless cesspit it is, particularly with their current crowds.

37 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Somerset is comfortably the best venue when there is a strong away support and a crackling atmosphere from both ends. Only thing that lets it down is the lack of surrounding pubs.

Attrocious toilets, w**k catering. Not all of it's under cover. 

There's literally not a stadium in this league that is bad when it's a full house with a boisterous atmosphere, easier to judge grounds on there average days.