Championship Manager 01-02

Div

8 hours ago, Disco30 said:

Is this the one with young freddy adu as the next pele ? And the Brazilian Alex as one of the best players in the game ?

Think it was a bit early for Adu but Brazilian Alex is a prominent player. 

Some of the Italian teams are almost unplayable. Roma & Lazio are packed full of 33-35 year old Davids, Crespo, Nesta, Nedved etc and they sweep all before them in Europe.

You know the game's a bit silly when you see "Kevin Kyle nutmegged Robben!" in the commentary.

I've gone back to CM07 lately. St Johnstone v Gretna revenge story.

So easy to fire through seasons, and tbh it's better in terms of judging players when you dont have star ratings. More down to performance than ability.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Was playing a Pars save with the new database (Celtic have went back to back unbeaten seasons and St Mirren are in the Champions League groups) but it got to a random Saturday in August 2024 and keeps crashing. Very annoying.

Might not work but has saved me in the past. Save it the day before it crashes and holiday past that day.

I fancied a new challenge after sweeping all before me with Wolves, so I picked a random team from a random league, ending up with FC Midtjylland of Denmark. The board expected to steer clear of relegation so not huge expectations.

Turns out the Danish league is full of jobbers and I finished 2nd behind Brondby after adding a handful of players on the cheap, including one Marco Negri. A European campaign beckoned.

I checked out the diddy team I was drawn against in qualifying and it turned out they had a decent striker who I reckoned could do a job for me. Jumping 20, heading 20, aggression 20, just what I was looking for. He was on a monthly rolling deal on 700 quid a week so I stole him before the teams met. The Belarusian Big Dunc, I thought.

cm2.jpg.209920d6212ed21f84935c995c78919d.jpg

Little did I realise how prophetic this would become, when 27 minutes into the match he was sent off for headbutting one of his former teammates.

cm1.jpg.9338d1234d085f0c664b2b284e244a11.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

cho1.png.2f12f9435c65835370d136d32a5894f2.png

I have 'Champie' on an old laptop but I decided to download it on to my main desktop PC and start up a game.  Went Chorley as they are currently bottom of the Vanarama League.

Romped the Conference and Division Three in our first two season but so far Division Two has been a tougher challenge.  I have managed to beat a couple of Premiership sides in the cup competitions (Southampton and Blackburn Rovers).

Big summer signing was Greg Docherty from Rangers!

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

Morning All,

I do not want to read all through all posts so apologies if this has been mentioned before, is there an Editor on this amazing game at all and if so, how do I utilize it please..?

I was thinking of going Newcastle and starting off with about £250m....just for a laugh !!

2 hours ago, The Hurricane1888 said:

Morning All,

I do not want to read all through all posts so apologies if this has been mentioned before, is there an Editor on this amazing game at all and if so, how do I utilize it please..?

I was thinking of going Newcastle and starting off with about £250m....just for a laugh !!

I don't recall such an editor, but there was a player editor which I'm struggling to recall how to access. 

Back in the day I created myself, obviously with amazing stats in every department, and assigned myself equal ability in every position on the pitch. Amusingly this ended up with me being the best goalkeeper in the game as that's the only position anyone signed me for.

The standard way to cheat and get more transfer funds was to add another manager and take over Arsenal or Man Utd, then buy unwanted players from your team for hilarious transfer fees.

Edited by Zetterlund

3 hours ago, The Hurricane1888 said:

Morning All,

There is an editor. Below should be the pathway to finding it.

image.png.05bbdd0d3f7f9f6aeaa4e627581a4e2d.png

Top tip - I don't remember this guy when playing years ago but turned out to be the best £100k I ever spent in CM. 
eriksson2.jpg.0cb15911d270a70dce9a88e19ac4063a.jpg
eriksson.jpg.28d161a9e60236042f8cbe9b06089d59.jpg
Oh ho ho CE is an absolute machine! He's won leagues for me from Scotland, to Italy and everywhere.

• 4 months later...

Downloaded this earlier and won the First Division in my first season with Ayr.

Unfortunately, upon promotion, the board expanded the stadium which plunged the club millions into the red.

Thankfully most of last seasons stars are still at the club - and most of my transfer business were bosman signings. Hopefully they will be good enough to keep us in the top flight.

The board expect a difficult season, so hopefully I'm not sacked if we're down the bottom.

On 08/10/2020 at 03:08, Richey Edwards said:

Downloaded this earlier and won the First Division in my first season with Ayr.

Unfortunately, upon promotion, the board expanded the stadium which plunged the club millions into the red.

Thankfully most of last seasons stars are still at the club - and most of my transfer business were bosman signings. Hopefully they will be good enough to keep us in the top flight.

The board expect a difficult season, so hopefully I'm not sacked if we're down the bottom.

Finished 5th and 4th in my first two seasons in the Premier League. Some superb victories over both sides of the Old Firm helped us achieve those finishes.

my aim now is to win some major silverware. A couple of painful defeats in the League Cup Final and Scottish Cup Final have been the closest we've come to winning one of Scotland's major competitions.

On 12/10/2020 at 15:55, Richey Edwards said:

Finished 5th and 4th in my first two seasons in the Premier League. Some superb victories over both sides of the Old Firm helped us achieve those finishes.

my aim now is to win some major silverware. A couple of painful defeats in the League Cup Final and Scottish Cup Final have been the closest we've come to winning one of Scotland's major competitions.

So, what's happened in my fourth season in charge, and my third season in the Premier League with Ayr?

Here's how it's going so far.

Spoiler

1496776503_Screenshot2020-10-13164722.jpg.bf469bfb7afd715a43bd30fb18e9e41d.jpg

JINGS! Can we do it?