Championship Manager 01-02

Div

Anyone have a problem with this when offering contracts/submitting transfer offers that when you click to increase or decrease the amount of wages etc it jumps quite a bit and doesn't just go to the next increment?

8 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Anyone have a problem with this when offering contracts/submitting transfer offers that when you click to increase or decrease the amount of wages etc it jumps quite a bit and doesn't just go to the next increment?

Aye that seems to be a glitch for everyone. Not sure if it was sorted with a later patch, haven't tried myself. I can usually get it to the target amount eventually by double-clicking one way then the other as it doesn't move the same amount each time.

The game is pretty buggy tbh. I also find I can only run it in full-screen, as in window mode I can't make substitutions or drag players into training groups etc. And even in full-screen mode I can't add the directional arrows to the players in tactics, which is annoying.

So addicted to this game I need to force myself off esp when getting up to work from home in the morning.

Took me while but got ayr promoted after 4th season. Weirdly the summer before that season offered Free agent 33 year old Alan Shearer 3 mil signing on fee and he accepted as player coach. He had scored about 30 goals in epl that previos season and in top 5 average rating. He scored 40 that season I think for me.

I won the treble the league challeneg cup and scottish cup. Scottish cup was weird beat Stranraer in last minute replay semi at broadwood then beat Dundee in final.

Prem I'm 9th 12 clear of bottom with 10 games left though only won 4 or 5 games had a lot of draws though. Finding it hard to settle on formations and players not cutting it as well as I thought. Least I have managed to clear debt with some sales. Dont think I got any money for 3 rounds of uefa cup or my bigger home gates

Since I got back into it, I think a lot of the enjoyment has been the nostalgia and name recognition of the players of that era. I just finished my 4th season with Wolves and the likes of Kluivert, Montella and Van Nistelrooy are in their prime.

Some of the players in the English Prem are comically overrated though. To pick a couple of random examples, Steve Finnan and Darren Purse are two of the best players in the game in their positions.

I'm thinking of starting over with a random team in a diddy league for more of a challenge. It was always a little bit too easy and unrealistic when starting with a reasonably well-off club in a decent league. Wolves were in the Championship/Div 1 to start and just won the Prem title and FA cup with this mob.

champ2.gif.e73781c2e5c4a6b7e7cc0ef8202fafbe.gif

Edited by Zetterlund

Does anyone know how to turn a part-time club into a full-time club in the game?

Took Dumbarton from Division 3 to the SPL. Now skint with the 8,000 seats and undersoil heating. One of the suggested tips I saw elsewhere was to have all players and staff as full time. So I did that before getting promoted to the SPL. Thinking that the change to SPL status would see the club turn professional.

Downloaded this but it says I have no memory on the PC to start a new game. 
The drive ive created for it is full but the other drive has some memory.    Help plz.
Should be an easy fix - think you just right click on the folder, enable compatibility and run as administrator, apply this then try again.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Downloaded this but it says I have no memory on the PC to start a new game. 

The drive ive created for it is full but the other drive has some memory.    Help plz.

I get the same message. I'm assuming it's a RAM issue rather than disk space as I can only run the game on my laptop if it's the only program running. I have to run in full screen anyway so no point leaving browser etc open.

On 07/04/2020 at 09:12, spud131 said:

It's to do with the speed of modern computers, obviously this game was designed for computers 20 years ago.

2 hours ago, FarmUnited said:

Any idea what fixed the Direct X issue someone had? Seem to be getting it constantly after installing when trying to launch the game

When you mount it, run the cm0102_GDI application file rather than the cm0102 application one.

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

When you mount it, run the cm0102_GDI application file rather than the cm0102 application one.

Thanks for responding. But it only lets you run the autorun after mounting not the GDI file. Unless you meant somewhere else in the process?

6 hours ago, FarmUnited said:

Thanks for responding. But it only lets you run the autorun after mounting not the GDI file. Unless you meant somewhere else in the process?

Open the folder for the mounted drive - it should be in there. You can find the mounted drive under "This PC" in explorer alongside your normal drive

14 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Might have been even better if I'd noticed before the match kicked off that I had former Leeds striker Alan smith playing in goal.

Superb 😂

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Open the folder for the mounted drive - it should be in there. You can find the mounted drive under "This PC" in explorer alongside your normal drive

Yeah it’s there alright but just throws an error when I try to run it. Will give it another lash just in case. Thanks