Championship Manager 01-02

Div

On 30/03/2020 at 17:40, Wardy said:

I played this a while back with some friends, we all went Fulham. They accused me of cheating but I definitely did not. (What’s the point? ) but yeah, treble first season and the charity shield at the beginning of following season. Was unstoppable. 😂

C40C5ECA-9D3A-4B7A-8C22-2B206FFC858C.jpeg

A61BC9BA-96E7-4EFD-95B0-E92D76D367A9.jpeg

1FAC9A20-224F-4BA2-B8C3-77D650C766E8.jpeg

AC8CD1DA-0CCA-4724-8FFE-86F0055D7201.jpeg

Tsigalko how did you get to the UK? Always thought you couldn't get him to the UK unless you played with editor due to work permit shit 

Any interesting favourite formations? Back in the day we only ever went with the trusty 4-1-3-2.

Messing around with this more recently, I find that no matter how strong my team is and the standard of the opposition, anything other than 4 at the back and I get murdered by crosses coming from the vacant fullback positions. I often played 3-5-2 with Wolves when I was winning everything but I still conceded headers to postmen and traffic wardens in Europe and preseason friendlies, no matter how good the back 3 were.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Tsigalko how did you get to the UK? Always thought you couldn't get him to the UK unless you played with editor due to work permit shit 

I’d you offer something like over 30k wages it goes through. Something like that anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Any interesting favourite formations? Back in the day we only ever went with the trusty 4-1-3-2.

Messing around with this more recently, I find that no matter how strong my team is and the standard of the opposition, anything other than 4 at the back and I get murdered by crosses coming from the vacant fullback positions. I often played 3-5-2 with Wolves when I was winning everything but I still conceded headers to postmen and traffic wardens in Europe and preseason friendlies, no matter how good the back 3 were.

5 3 2

2 Centre halves  ,2 wing backs , 1 defensive midfielder , 2 midfielders , 1 attacking midfielder, 2 strikers 

Was because of this game I carried this on to every fm I owned 

34 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I tried to play different variations of three at the back (including with wingbacks) but struggled so ended up just having a back four, with a DM in front of them. 

Neil Scally is superb in the DM role. He regularly gets ratings of 8+.

In this version, you can get away with some crazy formations. I had great success with a 2-1-3-1-3 formation! 2 centre backs, 1 defensive mid, 3 across the centre (no wingers), 1 attacking midfielder running forwards and 3 central strikers. The DM and AM positions are overpowered in the game and the computer defences can't cope with 3 central strikers. Scored a wheen of goals.

On 13/10/2020 at 22:35, G_Man1985 said:

5 3 2

2 Centre halves  ,2 wing backs , 1 defensive midfielder , 2 midfielders , 1 attacking midfielder, 2 strikers 

Was because of this game I carried this on to every fm I owned 

On 13/10/2020 at 23:04, Salvo Montalbano said:

In this version, you can get away with some crazy formations. I had great success with a 2-1-3-1-3 formation! 2 centre backs, 1 defensive mid, 3 across the centre (no wingers), 1 attacking midfielder running forwards and 3 central strikers. The DM and AM positions are overpowered in the game and the computer defences can't cope with 3 central strikers. Scored a wheen of goals.

Must admit I never attempted a back 2.

Hope the groundsmen took the lines in a bit for your formation SM :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30/11/2020 at 19:16, ChampManWidow said:

Hi

Installed as you said and got this running no probs but the next time my other half went to play it it wouldn’t load his saved game as it wanted the disc - what am I doing wrong?

Cheers in advance! 

Each time my PC shuts down or restarts I have to remount the game file or I get the insert CD prompt too.

• 8 months later...