League Reconstruction 20/21 season

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not true though.

11 years in the top league, multiple top 6 finishes, multiple European games and a Scottish Cup show that they are a top league club.

I imagine the only argument against that is about crowd size. A nonsense moron argument.

Christ, you really have to walk things through with some people...

My post wasn't necessarily a dig at St. Johnstone (although it was tbf, for the lolz). Subtextually, I was implying that we are all diddy clubs, and anyone (except the Old Firm and Rangers) could quite easily find ourselves in the 'diddy' league. Like Dunfermline, par example.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes, but tough fucking luck to them. Playing 4 games to win the League Cup is nonsense. They could play just 2 games and be pumped out of Europe anyway.

But you can't play in both the League Cup group stages and in Europe - the two things are literally taking place at the same time.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

But you can't play in both the League Cup group stages and in Europe - the two things are literally taking place at the same time.

They have big squads.

Guest Moomintroll
S'ok, I was having a pop at Killie [emoji6]
Well f**k you, you utter fucking fu...actually no, we fully deserve it for that utter shambles. Carry on.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

work the fixtures around it.  you should not be able to win a trophy by winning 4 games, also get prem teams in the scottish cup a round or 2 earlier as 5 games to win the major cup competititon is also too few

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

10 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I know it's just the newspaper talking, and I know we all know this to be the case, but this sentence is fucking disgusting. Get Hearts to f**k, they've been shite. Football's got to be a meritocracy or it's fucked. The idea that their relegation might help to prompt change boils my piss. If you're gonna do it, do it for the right reasons. [/Rant]

Yes. Hearts have been sh**e. So sh**e that we are sitting a whole 6 points behind St Mirren - with 8 games to go. One of them at home to St Mirren. A team that hammered Hearts 1-0 with a handball goal. 

I think the only rational thing to do is get St Mirren to f*ck and use the ground as a giant Celtic shop.

Yes. Hearts have been sh**e. So sh**e that we are sitting a whole 6 points behind St Mirren - with 8 games to go. One of them at home to St Mirren. A team that hammered Hearts 1-0 with a handball goal. 

I think the only rational thing to do is get St Mirren to f*ck and use the ground as a giant Celtic shop.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

9 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Ironic, given that St. Johnstone are essentially a Championship diddy club, kept from relegation by the fact that there are many other Championship diddy clubs that are slightly worse than them.

9 hours ago, Munoz said:

Nail on the head. 

St Johnstone - 11 years in the top flight. Lowest finish 8th. Multiple top 4 finishes and 4th in the overall top flight table over the past decade.

St Mirren - Standard yo-yo side. Almost got relegated to League One and rarely spend more than two seasons in either division before being promoted/relegated.

@Illgresi you've got your Saints mixed up m8.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone - 11 years in the top flight. Lowest finish 8th. Multiple top 4 finishes and 4th in the overall top flight table over the past decade.

St Mirren - Standard yo-yo side. Almost got relegated to League One and rarely spend more than two seasons in either division before being promoted/relegated.

@Illgresi you've got your Saints mixed up m8.

I remember 2005/06 and your lot waiting for us to crack and your superior (& far costlier) squad to overtake us and then spending 8 seasons in the top flight before appointing Tommy Craig.

You're no different from us - just one bad appointment away....

2 minutes ago, btb said:

I remember 2005/06 and your lot waiting for us to crack and your superior (& far costlier) squad to overtake us and then spending 8 seasons in the top flight before appointing Tommy Craig.

You're no different from us - just one bad appointment away....

How very Dundee 😂 what was St Mirrens highest finish in those 8 years?

Please, tell me how our "bubbles burst" the moment we lose TW. Our thread was full of it after McInnes left, then Lomas, then when TW had a poor run (x5).

Edited by RandomGuy.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How very Dundee 😂 what was St Mirrens highest finish in those 8 years?

Please, tell me how our "bubbles burst" the moment we lose TW. Our thread was full of it after McInnes left, then Lomas, then when TW had a poor run (x5).

Football's cyclical but judging from your random (sic) use of words you'll find this hard to understand.

Edited by btb

On 03/04/2020 at 00:45, Tannadeechee said:

That loss isn't for this season. A lot of that loss has been, as has been explained numerous times, because of the continual payoffs, major overhauls to infrastructure, ie Tannadice itself. Those losses were to June last year. Since then the club has got rid of almost an entire 1st team and the current squad is smaller than last season. Would interested in seeing what the figures are for this season up to the halt, as that would be more accurate for your argument.

The current squad is smaller as the outlay on it is massive. I still find it quite funny that United fans are trying to put down nearly £4m in losses to scaffolding going up and repairing crumbling stands. 

We won't even bother with the ~£2m the year before either. 

Your club are already coming out with "we're going to carry on with lots and lots and lots of building work and infrastructure enhancements during this period" to put the feelers out and cushion what will be another massive loss. 

Yes, I know. People in glass houses. 

8 minutes ago, btb said:

Football's cyclical but judging from your random (sic) use of words you'll find this hard to understand.

I'm well aware I'll see us relegated, far more than I'll see us be successful, during my lifetime.

I just enjoy the fact that we've easily been a top flight side for a decade, and had a few seasons with a high quality side making National Cup Semis before we even got promoted, yet still have fans on teams who havent gotten near us in 10 years telling us we arent a top flight side.

work the fixtures around it.  you should not be able to win a trophy by winning 4 games, also get prem teams in the scottish cup a round or 2 earlier as 5 games to win the major cup competititon is also too few
There are two midweek rounds for the League Cup, the only way to "work the fixtures around it" is to start the season a fortnight earlier, which is basically going into June.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
4 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

There are two midweek rounds for the League Cup, the only way to "work the fixtures around it" is to start the season a fortnight earlier, which is basically going into June.

You could at least make them play in a round including the worst runner ups. (Unseeded) 

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Absolutely agree about the Sevco/Celtic point. We need to stop making it the main point in discussions and negotiations. In fact we need to stop making it A point in both. We saw for four glorious seasons that Scottish football is fine without their scumbag dickhead 'derby'.

Only thing about 16 teams is the loss of revenue clubs will have from less home games. 

Agree also about getting the 14 team and split bullshit in the bin. A rank idea, despite loads of folk posting it as some sort of original idea they've just came up with.

c**t barely knows any teams outwith 8 or so in Scotland. A horrible load of selfish, ignorant moronic garbage (his article). 

Agreed totally (which is why I think all teams top now should be promoted and all bottom relegated), but Scottish football has a long history of trying to manufacture some sort of 1980s ideal. Just see pish like the 10,000 seater rule, Aberdeen escaping relegation because the SPL rejected Falkirk's ground sharing application but then a couple of seasons later accepting Inverness', the lack of playoffs for years, the playoff system between the Premiership and Championship, lack of automatic relegation from League 2, the SPL in general, the attempts there were to make an SPL 2, certain parties trying to get 'colt' teams in to the lower league, the attempts to get Sevco in to the Premiership then the Championship before their unfair queue skipping admission to the 4th tier, the round the Premiership clubs come in at in the Scottish Cup, the seeding in the League Cup that allows 4 teams to skip the group stages, the introduction of 'colt teams' in to the Challenge Cup and so on.

image.jpeg.190c9fcd28b51d2e91651a534551b04f.jpeg

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

To be fair, I don't think it's because it's Hearts, you could replace any club name in there and the sentence would still hold. Any club relegated (or missing out on promotion) as a result of the season not being completed will have every right to hold a grievance.

They wouldn't be relegated as a result of the season not being completed. They'd be relegated as a result of being utter fucking shite in the sum of the matches played so far - around 75% of the expected total - after which point the leagues could no longer continue. That's not a legitimate grievance at all: that's just tough luck for a club that in all likelihood would have been relegated at the end of the full campaign anyway.

If people want to know what a legitimate grievance for a football club looks like then they should look into how Scottish football restarted last time in the aftermath of the Second World War.