On 17/03/2020 at 13:12, Disco Duck said:

Shamelessly lifted from Twitter!  Of the 42 grounds in Scottish professional football:

1) how many have you visited

2) how many have you seen your team play at

3) what was the first one you visited

4) what was the last one you visited

5) what was your favourite (for whatever reason you like)

6) what was your least favourite?

1) 41

2) 40

3) Currently existing - Airdrie i think

4) TFS

5) Somerset - closest thing left to Brockville.

6) Dumbarton

Thanks to Airdrieman post. My memory has come back and I now claim my right to include Cathkin where I did see Airdrie play Third Lanark in the early sixties with my Dad. Pretty sure we were both in Division 1  around 63/64 . Looks as if a trip to Cove might be on this season , so only Elgin to get.

Shamelessly lifted from Twitter!  Of the 42 grounds in Scottish professional football:

All bar the new Cove, the new East Fife and Edinburgh City Barring those listed, everywhere including Clydebank and East Stirling (I think it was was the first game Alan Rough played after appearing in the World Cup!😀 ). First ground visited was Douglas Park in 1976 - we won and it was a 'hide your scarf job' on the way out. Last one  - Alloa away, plastic pitch, no shared shed with local dafties throwing wine bottles at you! Best was the old Boghead in a Scottish Cup quarter final. We scored at our end with a few minutes to go. Great crowd, great ground.  Least favourite is the new Boghead/Bayview/Shawfield. 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks to Airdrieman post. My memory has come back and I now claim my right to include Cathkin where I did see Airdrie play Third Lanark in the early sixties with my Dad. Pretty sure we were both in Division 1  around 63/64 . Looks as if a trip to Cove might be on this season , so only Elgin to get.

Elgin's a decent trip by train, I've done it via both via Aberdeen and via Inverness. Just fire into the bevvy on the trip and enjoy the scenery. It's probably my favourite L2 ground just now.

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Elgin's a decent trip by train, I've done it via both via Aberdeen and via Inverness. Just fire into the bevvy on the trip and enjoy the scenery. It's probably my favourite L2 ground just now.

Thanks for the tip but if I go it might well be a sober car journey or an overnight trip to the far North.  I do have a fellow fan who used to live there so a local guide is helpful.

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We went up and stayed in lossiemouth for it when we went to a game midweek. Was a great trip even if it was snowing.

All bar the new Cove, the new East Fife and Edinburgh City Barring those listed, everywhere including Clydebank and East Stirling (I think it was was the first game Alan Rough played after appearing in the World Cup![emoji3] ). First ground visited was Douglas Park in 1976 - we won and it was a 'hide your scarf job' on the way out. Last one  - Alloa away, plastic pitch, no shared shed with local dafties throwing wine bottles at you! Best was the old Boghead in a Scottish Cup quarter final. We scored at our end with a few minutes to go. Great crowd, great ground.  Least favourite is the new Boghead/Bayview/Shawfield. 
That Cup defeat still haunts me, as we had been the better team on the day, but if you don't take your chances.....I can still see Andy Anderson rising to head home from that late corner [emoji33]
There were some epic games between our clubs in the 70's. Happy days.

All bar the new Cove, the new East Fife and Edinburgh City Barring those listed, everywhere including Clydebank and East Stirling (I think it was was the first game Alan Rough played after appearing in the World Cup![emoji3] ). First ground visited was Douglas Park in 1976 - we won and it was a 'hide your scarf job' on the way out. Last one  - Alloa away, plastic pitch, no shared shed with local dafties throwing wine bottles at you! Best was the old Boghead in a Scottish Cup quarter final. We scored at our end with a few minutes to go. Great crowd, great ground.  Least favourite is the new Boghead/Bayview/Shawfield. 

Douglas Park was always a hide your scarf job back then. Can remember Hamilton fans chucking stones down at Sons fans in the station waiting for the train Remember that quarter final too

1) 38/42. I still need to visit Peterhead, Cove Rangers, Dundee United & Edinburgh City.

ETA - Been to Brockville, Love Street, Firs Park, Dumbartons old stadium (cant remember the name and it was to see Clyde vs Stirling Albion), Berwick Rangers & Gretna.

2) 34/42. Saw Scotland at Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Parkhead. Been to a few Motherwell games with friends at Fir Park. Been to the rest with Clyde.

3) I was about 5 so not 100% but probably Broadwood.

4) Broadwood. Clyde 2-0 Dumbarton.

5) Cappielow. Always really like it for some reason. Usually a good game against Morton with a good atmosphere. The stands/ terracing being close to the pitch contributes to that.

6) Central Park, Cowdenbeath. Shite old stand to sit in, your view blocked by either the fencing around the pitch or a metal pole in the away stand, your about a mile away from the pitch on the terracing at the far side. It's just a dump and we have a pish record there!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

1) I've been to all (37) except 

Cove Rangers 

Falkirk  (Grangmouth) I visited Brockville countless times, 

Annan

Edinburgh City

Elgin

I also never visited Annfield & Firs Park.

2) Seen Airdrie play at all except those mentioned above.

3) Broomfield Park. First ever away was Parkhead. 

4) Balmoor 

5) Broomfield Park, atmosphere used to be brilliant. Close to the pitch and visiting supporters.

6) N/a They're all special in there own way.

In addition to above I've also visited Berwick Rangers, Clydebank, Meadowbank Thistle & Gretna.

Been to:

Douglas Park as well New Douglas Park

Muirton as well as McDermaid

Love Street as well as St. Mirren Park

Obviously Broomfield as well as New Broomfield

Shawfield as well as Broadwood

Boghead as well as Strathclyde Homes Stadium 

Bayview as well as New Bayview 

I'm sure that's it all covered.

Edited by khalidonianb

1) how many have you visited - 28 (plus Cathkin Park, Shawfield, Meadowbank, Shielfield, and Firs Park)

2) how many have you seen your team play at - none, obviously

3) what was the first one you visited - Caledonian Stadium

4) what was the last one you visited - Borough Briggs

5) what was your favourite (for whatever reason you like) - Cliftonhill (looked like the only thing holding it together was a coat of paint, a hotchpot of architectural non-styles, like a Morris Minor with donor wings, bumpers, and doors)

6) what was your least favourite? - I think most grounds have something to distinguish them, but the modern sheds seem to lack the imagination to give it that local touch; will have to go for Ainslie Park but that's a bit unfair as it wasn't designed as a professional ground

On 03/07/2020 at 20:50, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks for the tip but if I go it might well be a sober car journey or an overnight trip to the far North.  I do have a fellow fan who used to live there so a local guide is helpful.

It would be a pleasure.  I'm sure we could arrange it.

1) how many have you visited - 30 down, 12 to go. Make it 29 when Lesser Hampden opens, though.

2) how many have you seen your team play at - 20, I think. Various Scotland games/misc neutral adventures.

3) what was the first one you visited - Pittodrie, Aberdeen vs Falkirk, 1996.

4) what was the last one you visited - Falkirk, oddly enough. 

5) what was your favourite (for whatever reason you like) - Apart from LP, Borough Briggs. Best ground/day out combo going. (Honourable mentions: Glebe Park, Stair Park.)

6) what was your least favourite? - Toss up between the SPL 10k pre fabs (Excelsior, Broadwood) or single stand wind conduits (The Rock, New Bayview). Broadwood shades it, though Almondvale will probably overtake it on principle if I ever go there.

1) 30 (also been to Medowbank when Edinburgh city first came up to League 2)

2) 28. Haven't seen Clyde play at Celtic Park or Easter road. Both were Scotland games

3) Broadwood

4) Broadwood, 2-0 win against Dumbarton

5) Probably Forthbank. Great day out, we take a good crowd and have a good record there.

Also enjoy Ayr away (not that we get to play there often now) good pubs and I live near by so it's closer than Broadwood

6) Central park, Cowdenbeath. Utter shitehole. They have a cheek to call it a football stadium. Cliftonhill is a shite hole too but cowden is an utter midden

1) 37 for me. Missing St Mirren, Stirling Albion, Cove, Annan and Edinburgh. Been to - Firs Park, Love st, Annfield, Bayview, Douglas Park ,Shawfield, Brockville, Shielfield,  Kilbowie and most of the Highland League.

2) All of the S.L. grounds

3) Hampden.  Old North Stand 60/61 semi final.

4) Starks Park

5) Tynecastle (New) ,  ramshackle old Hampden and Stranraer.

6) Shawfield - terrible view of the pitch. Honourable mentions to Cowdenbeath and Starks park

Edited by Elgindiamond
Failing memory

2) how many have you seen Stirling Albion play at
40, only Pitoddrie and Tynecastle to go with the Albion. I think it was 1977 the last time Stirling was away to Aberdeen and 1984 for Hearts away. Managed to get St Mirren’s new ground last season in the Mickey Mouse Cup.

I think it was Brockville, but it was a home game in the cup for Stirling as Rangers shat out of playing the game at Annfield.

A 3-1 defeat up at Elgin.

Annan away for the Shed.

Annan away for the Stewards.

On 15/07/2020 at 23:01, Ray Vaughn said:

2) how many have you seen Stirling Albion play at
40, only Pitoddrie and Tynecastle to go with the Albion. I think it was 1977 the last time Stirling was away to Aberdeen and 1984 for Hearts away. Managed to get St Mirren’s new ground last season in the Mickey Mouse Cup.

I think it was Brockville, but it was a home game in the cup for Stirling as Rangers shat out of playing the game at Annfield.

A 3-1 defeat up at Elgin.

Annan away for the Shed.

Annan away for the Stewards.

Those infamous Annan stewards.

On 05/07/2020 at 17:37, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That Cup defeat still haunts me, as we had been the better team on the day, but if you don't take your chances.....I can still see Andy Anderson rising to head home from that late corner emoji33.png
There were some epic games between our clubs in the 70's. Happy days.

In the spirit of reconciliation - I remember a cup replay at Boghead a few years before that, must have been late 70s? I think you won 1-0 and Ian Wallace was the star of the show. Seem to remember the crowd being about 6000 or so. Boghead was a great ground. 

3 hours ago, I am Partacus said:

In the spirit of reconciliation - I remember a cup replay at Boghead a few years before that, must have been late 70s? I think you won 1-0 and Ian Wallace was the star of the show. Seem to remember the crowd being about 6000 or so. Boghead was a great ground. 

Possibly the 4th round replay in 1976. Wallace scored the only goal in front of more than 7000.