On 17/03/2020 at 13:12, Disco Duck said:

1)  All but Ross County, Elgin and Cove. Edit: forgot New St Mirren Park. (Only Scottish ground I've been to and not seen Sons play at is Grant Street Park, Inverness.)

I've also seen Sons at Old Bayview, Annfield, Firs Park, Shielfield, New Kilbowie, Broomfield, Shawfield, Old Douglas Park.  Edited to add : forgot Brockville. (Sadly I missed Cathkin - and Raydale.) And outwith Scotland, Park Hall Stadium, Oswestry.

2) All but Ross County, Elgin and Cove.

3) Boghead, first away was Hampden to see Queen's play the Sons in the 1960s.

4) Balmoor - this season.

5) After Boghead (natch,) Firs Park, followed by Glebe Park, then Cliftonhill - all nostalgia fests, football as it was and as it should be.

6) I don't have a least favourite.

Edited by rockson
addition

1) how many have you visited

41 just Cove to go

2) how many have you seen your team play at

34 not seen Clyde at Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United, Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell or St Mirren (did see Clyde at Love Street though)

3) what was the first one you visited

Hampden 

4) what was the last one you visited

Inverness

5) what was your favourite (for whatever reason you like)

Arbroath. A brilliant day out.

6) what was your least favourite?

Cowdenbeath. Midden where we have a dreadful record.

1) Have visited 40/42 with just St Mirren’s new stadium and Cove Rangers to visit

2) Have seen Stranraer play at 38/42 - not seen us at Motherwell or Dundee United in addition to 1)

3) Stair Park was obviously first. Away it was Palmerston in 1972 for QOS v Montrose

4) Last game was just over a week ago at Montrose v Stranraer

5) Hampden in the 70s and 80s and Tynecastle in the 80s

6) Clyde, Falkirk and Airdrie - loved old Brockville and Broomfield

In addition to current grounds, have seen league/cup football at Love Street, Douglas Park (but not Accies), Meadowbank, Annfield, Bayview, Brockville, Broomfield, Gretna, Kilbowie, Boghead, Firs Park, Shielfield and Muirton.

8 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Shamelessly lifted from Twitter!  Of the 42 grounds in Scottish professional football:

1) 37/42. Hearts, Dundee Utd, Inverness, Cove and Elgin to go.

2) 31. Not Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell or St Mirren (seen us at Love Street, we haven't played them at their new ground yet).

3) Broadwood.

4) If this means last "new" ground, then Starks Park of Raith Rovers a few weeks ago.

5) There's a few for different reasons which I can't really narrow down to a clear favourite.

6) Albion Rovers or Cowdenbeath. Gretna's was horrible too.

8 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Shamelessly lifted from Twitter!  Of the 42 grounds in Scottish professional football:

1) 38/42

2) 36/42

3) Aside from Starks, Alloa away. 

4) Edinburgh City

5) Brechin

6) Cappielow

38/42. I've also been to Old Kilbowie, Raydale, Sheilfield & Firs. Also been to the old Love Street and old Meadowbank. 

Inverness, Aberdeen, Arbroath and Cove still to be visited, annoyingly could've done Arbroath and Inverness in this year's challenge Cup. 

31, not seen Clyde at the new St Mirren Methadome so discounted them. 

Not seen clyde at Kilmarnock, hearts, hibs, Celtic, Motherwell, St Mirren new ground, Dundee Utd. 

Think it was Ibrox Stadium (Born and bred in Govan and parents were rangers fans) 

Broadwood 

I loved the old Love Street when we were in the North Bank at the other side of the cage, that and Somerset were my favourites. 

Nowadays, I'm saying either Forfar for the character of the stadium or Stirling for the good crowds we take there and the atmosphere created. Pity its not closer to Stirling centre though. 

Livingstone or new Douglas Park. Both empty soulless shitehole, could be argued Broadwood being the same but atleast there is singing in the home crowd. 

21 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

1) 41 (only Galabank to go to)

2) All 41

3) Old Bayview New year 1974/5, of the current grounds I think it was Cliftinhill (Scottish Cup defeat 1-2  🙁 )

4) Partick in the cup and Stranraer in the league last month.

5) Used to be Brechin and Forfar but these days not so much, miss the old Bayview and Eastend Park days,

6) Cappielow for the awful stand these days but Stranraer for the journey. 

23 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Time for a laugh, since I’ve been unable to physically attend games since 1975. Finally getting a work schedule that allows me to watch Raith TV and properly follow the Rovers has gotten me back into fitba proper.

1) One

2) One, in person...eleven if we count video

3) One, of course

4) Stark’s Park

5) Stark’s Park, visiting with Dad and Granddad (both passed over 28 years ago)

6) Not applicable

1) how many have you visited  - 40/42. Also been at Meadowbank, Muirton, Douglas Park, Love Street, Brockville, Broomfield, Bayview, Shawfield, Lesser Hampden, Annfield, Raydale, Kilbowie, Shielfield, Firs Park.

2) how many have you seen your team play at - seen Dumbarton play at all of the above grounds. Only two missing are Cove and Edinburgh City because we haven't played them yet.

3) what was the first one you visited - Boghead

4) what was the last one you visited -  St Mirrens new ground

5) what was your favourite (for whatever reason you like) - Gayfield because it is still an old traditional ground but they have maintained it well

6) what was your least favourite? - Either Celtic Park or Ibrox. Dreadful experience going as an away fan to either

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Time for a laugh, since I’ve been unable to physically attend games since 1975. Finally getting a work schedule that allows me to watch Raith TV and properly follow the Rovers has gotten me back into fitba proper.

Just out of interest, do you follow or watch a U.S. team? 

9 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

2) how many have you seen your team play at - seen Dumbarton play at all of the above grounds. Only two missing are Cove and Edinburgh City because we haven't played them yet.

We did play Edinburgh City in a friendly at Spartans ground, think we also played Spartans there in the Betfred Cup a couple of years back.

1) 38 out of 42. Still to visit Dundee United, Peterhead, Cove Rangers and Edinburgh City.

2) Seen Clyde at all 34. Seen Scotland & others at Pittodrie, Fir Park, Tynecastle and Parkhead.

3) Probably Broadwood.

4) Broadwood.

5) Cappielow.

6) Cowdenbeath. Shite stand, shite views, shite place.

Also, I've been to Berwick Rangers, Gretna, Firs Park, Brockville, Love Street and Dumbartons old ground (can't remember the name of it).

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Now that I am in lockdown for the over 70s this is my chance to reminisce.

1 Of the current 42 I have still to tick off Elgin and Cove Rangers.Of the relegated ones, I had been at the old East Stirling ground in the 70s/Berwick on several occasions as we sank down the League/ Vanished ones:The bowl that was Bayview was impressive/ apologies for ending Kilbowie visits/I went with My Dad to Cathkin about 1966 and it was impressive even as it was being ripped apart financially/ obviously Broomfield especially in floodlit Texaco cup days./ Boghead was quite a good experience but had the worst greasy pie ever foisted on me.?Douglas park was good and Shawfield-terrible views but good games

2 I have seen Airdrie play at all 40+these others

3 My Dad took me and my brother to Douglas park in around 1956- no idea of score but I became a diamond  fan while my brother later went over to the dark side of Govan

4 What looks like the last game this season at home v East Fife and the last away game at Montrose-decided by penalties

5 Discounting Broomfield I really enjoyed Rugby Park both before and after redevelopment. The playing surface of the old ground was perfect and you were not segregated. We did have a good League Cup win in the new place. Very good pies

6 Central Park when we were allocated the terracing behind the caged wire. Some of the industrial curses of the Blue Brazil fans would have inspired Billy Connolly. 

Most of the good memories are of course of all the players ( of all sides) I had the pleasure to see-good and bad

Just realised the grounds I missed out-Brockville: marvellous Muirton Park -excellent Meadowbank-dreadful and Alan Lawrence scored 3 against us/ the old and new Love Street both good/Anfield before it had artificial pitch. I had completely wiped Gretna and Raydale from my memories but did go there twice I think.  I have seen an Airdrie friendly against Spartans a few years ago-it was a poor game , a draw I think so it does not count. The Lifted over the Turnstiles book has great photos of these venues.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
Lack of understanding

9 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Just out of interest, do you follow or watch a U.S. team? 

No, the level here has been shit and there is very little televised football. I grew up, and still am, a ManU fan...and the early ‘70’s were rough. I attended a Rovers game in 1974, during the end of a summer break, and loved Stark’s Park, but never got back before moving to the U.S. Since then I was in faint touch with the Rovers, which got a bit better as the internet allowed more updates, but I was never in a position schedule-wise to watch/listen via RaithTV until recently.

Watching the first live game on RaithTV reminded me of all that I loved about that smelly, cramped Park and the players who were doing it more for the love of the game than for the money! Luckily for the last couple of years I had been keeping up with players and results, so I was able to jump in with both feet. I actually had a possible flight in and out for the East Fife game, but couldn’t pull the trigger due to a work issue...but in on a Friday afternoon and out on a Sunday morning would have stunk anyway. That plus I don’t like Irn-Bru anymore.