Wages

4 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Assuming there won’t be any games anytime soon most clubs are going to struggle paying wages with no money in. Does anyone think the SFA will give any help like the SRU who are releasing £500,000 to help clubs

The SFA wrote to clubs months ago advising that their reserves were down and that licensing monies would most likely drop for next season.  

I cannot see them being in a position to help out considerably to be honest.

I’m getting no match fees for refereeing just now so, perhaps controversially, I don’t see how players - at this level - should still get paid. I’m presuming they’re not living off their wages from football, and can survive without it.

13 minutes ago, Ormi said:

I’m getting no match fees for refereeing just now so, perhaps controversially, I don’t see how players - at this level - should still get paid. I’m presuming they’re not living off their wages from football, and can survive without it.

Problem is the players will have contracts 

Problem is the players will have contracts 

Depends on what players have signed up to. Not all players will be on a professional contract. Not all players will be paid. Some will only get expenses that cover reasonable travel.

Each club and player will be different.

The clubs who only pay £10 will manage though [emoji6]
This will impact on every club regardless of what they pay. How much depends on how they pay players and in what fashion.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:
16 hours ago, Mucho said:
The clubs who only pay £10 will manage though emoji6.png

This will impact on every club regardless of what they pay. How much depends on how they pay players and in what fashion.

Exactly my point this could have a huge impact on many clubs and probably put some out of business 

Anybody at all worrying about the impact on fans' wages?  Many wont get paid if not working and it would be galling if football players at this level were to get special payments when the fans might not.
This thread is about the SFA possibly being able to help. The SFA clearly aren't responsible for the wages of fans working in completely different industries.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Anybody at all worrying about the impact on fans' wages?  Many wont get paid if not working and it would be galling if football players at this level were to get special payments when the fans might not.

But legally would players be entitled to as they have a contract 

Personally I would like to think players would seriously think about helping the clubs out in these exceptional circumstances 

On 16/03/2020 at 16:01, cookieboy said:

But legally would players be entitled to as they have a contract 

Personally I would like to think players would seriously think about helping the clubs out in these exceptional circumstances 

After today’s announcement from Hearts maybe players should think long and hard as there maybe be very few clubs to choose from very soon. 

Today the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced financial assistance with Wages.

I wonder whether clubs at Tiers 5 and below are in a position/eligible to receive this assistance or, indeed benefit from the many other means of assistance which are being brought in more or less straight away?

Does anyone out there know? Could it help semi-pro football clubs?

46 minutes ago, Dev said:

Today the Chancellor of the Exchequer announced financial assistance with Wages.

I wonder whether clubs at Tiers 5 and below are in a position/eligible to receive this assistance or, indeed benefit from the many other means of assistance which are being brought in more or less straight away?

Does anyone out there know? Could it help semi-pro football clubs?

That would be brilliant let’s hope so any lawyers out there 

Well done the players of Preston Athletic. Hope this provides a spur to players in other clubs.

Preston Athletic FC – Statement from Chairman

The Club have today received notification from the players that they have unanimously agreed they do not wish to accept any wages or expenses that were due to them from mid-March during this period of uncertainty.  This will allow the Club to continue to meet its commitments and remain financially viable during these unprecedented times and going forward into next season.

We are a small Club in terms of available finances and rely wholly on our SFA licensing funding, local business sponsorship and fundraising.

This gesture is immense from the players and everyone at the Club would like to express their thanks and gratitude to them all.

Donald Reid
Chairman

Edited by Pyramidic