DOOM Eternal

RossBFaeDundee

I really fancy this and decided to stick DOOM on last night for a wee refresher.  I've not played it for a good wee while, so there was a huge update to do.  Not a problem as it says I can play it without the network features whilst the download goes on in the background.  Except when I want to load up my save file it says it needs a newer version of the game to load it.

Modern gaming is fucking rubbish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I finally completed Doom (2016) a few weeks ago and pretty much bought Doom Eternal soon afterwards (it was on a 75% off deal on Steam which was great as it included the Ancient Gods DLC).

I'm quite enjoying it. The combat is a wee bit different from the previous game but it seems to reward strategising your attacks a bit more. Using the chainsaw on the cannon fodder zombies and imps for ammo and the like for example.

However I just want to say f**k Marauders. Honestly these guys aren't technically boss fights but they feel so much harder. I'm currently stuck on Taras Nabad level and its purely down to one of these guys. I battle away and kill off the other enemies in the area but he just wears me down. I must have got so close a few times to killing him but every time I just run out of health and sometimes ammo. I've been stuck on this bit more then any other section or boss fight in either game so far.

On 04/06/2021 at 09:39, NorthernLights said:

However I just want to say f**k Marauders. Honestly these guys aren't technically boss fights but they feel so much harder. I'm currently stuck on Taras Nabad level and its purely down to one of these guys. I battle away and kill off the other enemies in the area but he just wears me down. I must have got so close a few times to killing him but every time I just run out of health and sometimes ammo. I've been stuck on this bit more then any other section or boss fight in either game so far.

Nailed the technique for them now. So many of the Doom enemies are run and gun, constantly on the move and firing away at anything that moves while switching between weapons.

These guys you pretty much need to face at all times and do a strange dance with. Once their eyes go green blast them with the super shotgun and if you're quick hit them with something more powerful while they're dazed. My mistake was I was trying to use my heavy explosion based weapons like my rocket launcher or grenade attachment of the standard shotgun on them which means they deploy their shield and it seems if you hit their shield they unleash this annoying holographic wolf that attacks you.