Clubs going bust due to cv19

5 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Are clubs/businesses not obliged to top up the furlough scheme after August? Maybe the cash reserves aren't there to do that at Dunfermline hence this decision.

After August but we're currently in may. Surely clubs could keep players on till the furlough rules change.

After August but we're currently in may. Surely clubs could keep players on till the furlough rules change.
Totally it's a bit crazy putting all the full time guys on the scrapheap when the govt will still pay at least a percentage of the wages. Can say to the guys look elsewhere or we can only pay the 80% or 60% that govt are paying till then

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Totally it's a bit crazy putting all the full time guys on the scrapheap when the govt will still pay at least a percentage of the wages. Can say to the guys look elsewhere or we can only pay the 80% or 60% that govt are paying till then

This is a club that paid 0p to the pound to their creditors though m8. Nothing embarrasses them.

7 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:
9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is Crawford being paid off too or is he under contract and just leaving as a point of principle ??

Anyway, don't think Dunfermline will be alone in what they have done.  Furloughing players is fine, but if the wages have to be paid upfront now then claimed back afterwards, it still has in impact on cashflow at a time where there is zero income coming into football clubs.  I'm sure if offering short term extensions was a really simple thing to do then Dunfermline would have done that. 

Also what happens if players have to return to training in the next couple of months?  The Championship teams were meeting the other day to try and work out if and how football can come back in the short term (pie in the sky, but still has to be accounted for)

It's really harsh on the players, but this won't be the only instance of that happening. 

Edited by CALDERON

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Anyway, don't think Dunfermline will be alone in what they have done.  Furloughing players is fine, but if the wages have to be paid upfront now then claimed back afterwards, it still has in impact on cashflow at a time where there is zero income coming into football clubs.  I'm sure if offering short term extensions was a really simple thing to do then Dunfermline would have done that. 

Also what happens if players have to return to training in the next couple of months?  The Championship teams were meeting the other day to try and work out if and how football can come back in the short term (pie in the sky, but still has to be accounted for)

It's really harsh on the players, but this won't be the only instance of that happening. 

Raith are doing it are they not? Dundee and Falkirk certainly are so it cant be that difficult.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Raith are doing it are they not? Dundee and Falkirk certainly are so it cant be that difficult.

Yes we are.  However we have had more crowdfunding than Dunfermline, and £150k for Kieron Bowie.  We also have a decent amount of part time players on the books, whos wages are easier to cover.

However I don't really have intimate knowledge on teams finances.  I suspect Dunfermline are living week to week so I doubt there is a huge amount of cash sitting around.

I love a good old dig at our rivals, but regardless of the moral standpoint, they seem to actually be trying to balance the books accordingly.  

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is he ? Really ? Christ I just assumed he’d go with his men.

Why? 

Also you do realise that the club still has players, yes?

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is he ? Really ? Christ I just assumed he’d go with his men.

You'd think punting him would be a no brainer given his awful record. Can only presume hes under contract and they cant afford to.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Because hes no very good?

True, but managers generally don't tend to walk away from employment.

It would be especially stupid to make himself unemployed at the moment.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

True, but managers generally don't tend to walk away from employment.

It would be especially stupid to make himself unemployed at the moment.

I was more expecting the club to bullet him given his record.  I presume hes under contract though.