Clubs going bust due to cv19

7 minutes ago, microdave said:

I'm the same with Dumbarton. We've played Rangers and St. Mirren colt teams, both in the first round and the attendances were 389 and 279 respectively. In the other three times we've played a first round match at home in the last decade, the attendances were 454(East Stirlingshire 2011), 684 (QoS 2012) and 680(Morton 2018.)

but but Gordon Smith said the crowds the colt teams of the OF would boost the finances of the lower league clubs with the increased attendances 🤫 (aye right)

I don't think colt teams in the league will happen because the clubs themselves would have to vote for it. They know that their fans are opposed to it and will (or should) know that crowds take a significant drop when playing them in the cup. I'm sure it won't even get to a vote like the last time it was mooted.

The question of whether Old Firm colts helped attendences with part time teams came up in another thread and I done some maths to compare it to other games part time clubs in that time

Discounting games that come after the 3rd round where the latter stages of a competition may skew attendances I done some digging. I only went for home crowds from part time clubs and excluded the Queen's Park v Celtic game as that was played away from Hampden for some reason. I'm also only making averages from games in the last four seasons as that's how long Colt teams have been in the cup.

2016 Cowden v Celtic got an attendance of 449. Cowden's only other home game in the cup in that time was a "derby" v East Fife with an attendances of 261 so they have a 72% increase in games v Old Firm Colts (but one game alone is a poor indicator of trends)

2017/18 Annan v Celtic. Two years in a row Annan got Celtic colts. Average attendance was 272. Their only other home cup game in that time was at attendance of 307. An 11% decrease.

2017 Dumbarton v Rangers got 389. Dumbarton had five other home games in that time. One v Morton, who usually bring a decent crowd to Dumbarton with the close proximity, one v St. Mirren colts and one v Connah's Quay. All three might have different effects on crowds (good or bad) but overall their game v Rangers saw a 17% decrease on the average.

2019 Berwick v Rangers got 303. Berwick's average attendance was down 27% on other home games at this stage in the competition but this includes ties v Spartans and QotS which could also skew attendances. QotS game was over double what they got v Rangers

2019 Stranraer v Rangers got 524. Stranraer's home games had a home tie v Partick, higher crowd, and a home tie v Partick colts, lower crowd, plus one v Spartans. Overall the Rangers crowd was a 46% increase on the usual crowds.

The main thing I found was that, once we take away outliers, such as bigger travelling crowds from Championship teams or crap crowds from other colt teams there was very little difference and this was a huge waste of time.

But the point that middle of the road teams like QotS, Morton and Partick manage to bring far higher crowds than colt teams is, alone, enough to the blow the idea of them improving attendances out of the water. Rangers weans papped Stranraer out last year and went on to have a run to the semi-final which, if Rangers weren't there, theoretically, Stranraer would have had. It's just taking prize money and crowds away from Stranraer. Stranraer, despite their "46% increase" would have have had a better crowd if they played almost any full time team that day and the appearance of Rangers Colts stopped other clubs from going further in the tournament solely for the benefit of Rangers

Hopefully the clubs have the sense not to entertain this nonsense, but apart from the ugly sisters themselves, there'll also be pressure from Doncaster and his cohorts at the SPFL as they don't give a toss about actual attendances in grounds, but they'll see this as an opportunity to secure a TV deal with Premier Sports or such like. The TV companies  see the armchair old firm fan as a lucrative market and Doncaster will have bonus clauses in his contract related to the amount of revenue brought in from a TV deal. 

If any Scottish club wants a colt team in the pyramid system there is, as far as I know, nothing to stop them having some sort of agreement like Athletic Club have with CD Basconia and numerous other teams in Spain have with clubs lower in the pyramid. Basconia are not owned by Athletic and are free to sign their own players contracted to Basconia and not Athletic Club. However the majority of Basconia's coaching team are contracted to Athletic Club and are "loaned" to Basconia and a number of young players are loaned each year or signed to Basconia direct from the Athletic Club youth team and then sign for Athletic after a year or two at Basconia.

If Rangers are so determined to have a feeder club what's stopping them started a team called "Milngavie Rangers" playing out of Murray Park that just happens to have John Brown and Ian Durrant as the coaching team and has a habit of signing Rangers youth players and selling them back to Rangers. They know how to cook the books so a club is a separate entity by now so they can do that for a feeder team.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Prof neil Ferguson now pulling back on his doomsday scenario. Now predicting that NHS can cope.

He was the guy who screwed up over swine fever.

Trump reckons we’ll be back to normal by Easter so - who knows?

Well it’s 2.5 weeks later and Mr Trumps prediction isn’t looking to good re being over by Easter.

Whereas Prof. Neil Ferguson’s indications that 20,000 deaths is a best case scenario is sadly looking more appropriate given that we are near 10k deaths (never mind the unreported numbers).

Given that its estimated that less than 10% of the UK population have contracted Covid 19 to date, you can see where the numbers could add up to over the next 23 months, so are you now going to wind your neck in and accept that this is somewhat more problematic than flu and lockdown was the right action after all?…

20 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Well it’s 2.5 weeks later and Mr Trumps prediction isn’t looking to good re being over by Easter...

Well, I talked to my boss, who reports circutitiously to one Mr. Donald John Trump, and was told in no uncertain terms to keep my ass at home. I would say the prediction was a complete failure.

It certainly goes through to August but there may be a further upsurge so not really clear to what time span the 250 k and 20 k relate to.
I would imagine we’ll have a fair indication on the direction of travel within the next few weeks.
Anyway, there’s no need to throw abuse about. Time will tell.

How are you feeling about your constant discrediting of Prof Neil Ferguson now alongside your lauding of Trump, Dawson Park Boy ?
Looks like the Imperial report was pretty spot on to me......

6 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

How are you feeling about your constant discrediting of Prof Neil Ferguson now alongside your lauding of Trump, Dawson Park Boy ?
Looks like the Imperial report was pretty spot on to me......

Looks like the lower end of the spectrum will be about right - 20000.

He was giving himself huge amount of wiggle room.

Trump was on the ball when he banned flights coming in from China in January.

otherwise things could have been a lot worse.

You may  recall that all the lefties were accusing him of xenophobia and racism at the time.

America will soon be back working again as should we.

Sweden has kept on pretty much as normal with no worse results.

Hope you’re all having a good lockdown.

Madness!!

You may  recall that all the lefties were accusing him of xenophobia and racism at the time.
Madness!!

America will soon be working, if they’re not dying. And Trump will need to get past the Governors of big states who value life over the economy.
Oh, and I’m pleased you brought up Sweden....which is actually in partial lockdown where the street are 70% quieter. However, things aren’t going too well for the elderly.
Have a look at the graph on the attached article, deaths are higher than all the other Scandic countries combined. If anything it really only confirms that deaths in the UK would be nearer 200k if we took no action:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/sweden-coronavirus-deaths-lockdown-social-distancing-denmark-finland-norway-a9470771.html

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Madness!!

Trump should be on a ball in the middle of ring as a clown in the circus .....

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Madness!!

Bullshit. Trump NEVER banned flights into the U.S. Trump. On Jan 31, six weeks after intelligence briefed him on the virus, he restricted the entry to the U.S. of foreign nationals who had visited China in the previous 14 days. If you’re gonna go ahead and publicly fellate the moron, do it for factual reasons, eh?

“Back working again...madness”, is correct, if out of context. Every medical expert says we have months to go, and Donnie has a raging hard-on to open things up so he can get re-elected. Let’s look at his quotes:

“We pretty much shut it down...” (Jan)

”We’re going very substantially down, not up...” (Feb)

”And this is their new hoax!”

”I think we’re doing a really good job in this country of keeping it down...” (Mar)

”I’ve always known this is a real, this is a pandemic.” (Apr)

This lying c**t couldn’t lead sailors to a whorehouse, and yet you parrot his crap here, just like you suck up to the current BoD. I hope, for your health, you have the sense to avoid those protests to open stuff up, though your posts here don’t indicate that level of intelligence.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Bullshit. Trump NEVER banned flights into the U.S. Trump. On Jan 31, six weeks after intelligence briefed him on the virus, he restricted the entry to the U.S. of foreign nationals who had visited China in the previous 14 days. If you’re gonna go ahead and publicly fellate the moron, do it for factual reasons, eh?

“Back working again...madness”, is correct, if out of context. Every medical expert says we have months to go, and Donnie has a raging hard-on to open things up so he can get re-elected. Let’s look at his quotes:

“We pretty much shut it down...” (Jan)

”We’re going very substantially down, not up...” (Feb)

”And this is their new hoax!”

”I think we’re doing a really good job in this country of keeping it down...” (Mar)

”I’ve always known this is a real, this is a pandemic.” (Apr)

This lying c**t couldn’t lead sailors to a whorehouse, and yet you parrot his crap here, just like you suck up to the current BoD. I hope, for your health, you have the sense to avoid those protests to open stuff up, though your posts here don’t indicate that level of intelligence.

CNN reported that 40,000 people still came in from China after Trump's travel ban - wow , airtight ya big orange pig.

He has been an absolute disaster for the American people and his buffoonery at the daily briefings would be hilarious if they weren't supposed to be about a very serious subject. My favourite was when he showed his re-election propaganda video with a timeline of how great a job he's done and he completely missed out the month of February which was when he fecked about telling everyone it was a hoax and not even as bad as flu.   

Just had a look at the Forth Valley figures.

78in hospital and under 5 in ICU.

And for that our economy is paralysed, people are losing jobs and income and cancer and other health matters are being ignored.

Plus the vast majority in hospital are pensioners, like me, most of whom are willing to take their chances.

Sorry, not a good trade off.