sirscottyoung

Clubs going bust due to cv19

The hot topic now o hear is the for people to revive their 80% wages from the government is that they have to have no contact or any work given to them. That means training regimes etc etc. 

58 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

The hot topic now o hear is the for people to revive their 80% wages from the government is that they have to have no contact or any work given to them. That means training regimes etc etc. 

Do you mean like not going to work?

I hope Rangers don't go bust again, that will surely cause all the others to die as well. It's the apocalypse I tell you...

Sigh, different club so can’t go bust *again*

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

How will the government be able to monitor if players are doing training regimes? Even if they did, how could they prove that they players were given said regime by their club?

General vibe on Sportsound was that most clubs will be elegible and it covers part and full time players, as its based on a per job basis not per person. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

How will the government be able to monitor if players are doing training regimes? Even if they did, how could they prove that they players were given said regime by their club?

It would be difficult almost impossible. Realistically there would have to be a close season again prior to matches taking place. The fact our chairman came out stating they have all hot training programs probably doesn't help. That would theoretically mean they are still at work 🤷

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

It would be difficult almost impossible. Realistically there would have to be a close season again prior to matches taking place. The fact our chairman came out stating they have all hot training programs probably doesn't help. That would theoretically mean they are still at work 🤷

Nah I think that's ok. They can't perform their job of being a footballer. Pretty sure their contracts won't state anything about such fitness regimes; they'll be about appearances etc. Specific fitness regimes almost certainly won't be mentioned.

It would be pretty easy for a footballer to argue, especially in Scotland where contracts are usually only a year or two, that they're doing such regimes to ensure they remain employable, but that said regimes are not technically part of their terms of employment.

4 hours ago, foreverarover said:

As long as they're training on their own, it's not going to be an issue. Players can't and won't be contractually obliged to train while they're on furlough.

Sigh, different club so can’t go bust *again*
Oops, schoolboy error, and i missed the "The" as well...

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah I think that's ok. They can't perform their job of being a footballer. Pretty sure their contracts won't state anything about such fitness regimes; they'll be about appearances etc. Specific fitness regimes almost certainly won't be mentioned.

It would be pretty easy for a footballer to argue, especially in Scotland where contracts are usually only a year or two, that they're doing such regimes to ensure they remain employable, but that said regimes are not technically part of their terms of employment.

Da , it was mentioned that training is part of the "job" of a footballer not just playing on a Saturday 

5 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Da , it was mentioned that training is part of the "job" of a footballer not just playing on a Saturday 

Do you think they'll be practicing set pieces in the kitchen?

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you think they'll be practicing set pieces in the kitchen?

I sincerely hope not, Andy Gray and Richard Keys started out in a similar way fooling about with condiments and look what happened to their careers!

Once football does restart with fans back in the stands in say, 6 months time, I wonder how many people will have been lost to the game.
We have social distancing ingrained in our psyche now that I can’t help but think a lot of people will think differently about sitting with people they don’t know in the stands and may choose to give games a miss....

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Once football does restart with fans back in the stands in say, 6 months time, I wonder how many people will have been lost to the game.
We have social distancing ingrained in our psyche now that I can’t help but think a lot of people will think differently about sitting with people they don’t know in the stands and may choose to give games a miss....

I don't think we do.

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think you'd potentially lose a lot if folk had anything else to do at weekends just now, that might show some that they wouldn't really miss the football. But now I think folk are stuck with f**k all and it makes the desire for football to restart bigger. Coupled with the fact that fundraisers around the country are doing quite well and people are now more open to reconstruction I think there's a real desire to see it come back stronger, even if I don't really agree with reconstruction because of this.

Aye, folk are fucking desperate for football to come back. I'd give anything to see the Rovers get gubbed on a Saturday right now. 

Was that not part of the reason for the huge boom in attendances post-WWII? Folk were sick of being cooped up and were desperate to get out and do something social again.

I don't think social distancing will have any real effect on football when it comes back - certainly not at this level where it's usually easy enough to get a few metres to yourself if you want them.  The bigger danger for attendances (assuming the death toll isn't apocalyptic, of course) will be folk who've lost so much money from this that they can't afford extra expenses like football games.  Even with the government paying a proportion of wages, that doesn't cover everyone (for instance, I am self-employed, but have been so for less than a year, so if the organisation I work with decides to cancel my contract or suspend it until things get back to normal, I'm rather stuck).   That probably doesn't affect huge numbers of people, I guess, but not many people are going to come out of this better off than they were at the start. 

Edited by Tulloch Gorum

I don't think we do.

It may depend on age group to an extent but I can see a few of the older generation having second thoughts.

Also a few with young kids I can see being nagged by the other half not to go for a while until things settle.

However it’s great to see that we haven’t lost our enthusiasm on here...