Clubs going bust due to cv19

4 hours ago, foreverarover said:

The hot topic now o hear is the for people to revive their 80% wages from the government is that they have to have no contact or any work given to them. That means training regimes etc etc. 

As long as they're training on their own, it's not going to be an issue. Players can't and won't be contractually obliged to train while they're on furlough.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah I think that's ok. They can't perform their job of being a footballer. Pretty sure their contracts won't state anything about such fitness regimes; they'll be about appearances etc. Specific fitness regimes almost certainly won't be mentioned.

It would be pretty easy for a footballer to argue, especially in Scotland where contracts are usually only a year or two, that they're doing such regimes to ensure they remain employable, but that said regimes are not technically part of their terms of employment.

Da , it was mentioned that training is part of the "job" of a footballer not just playing on a Saturday 

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you think they'll be practicing set pieces in the kitchen?

I sincerely hope not, Andy Gray and Richard Keys started out in a similar way fooling about with condiments and look what happened to their careers!

Once football does restart with fans back in the stands in say, 6 months time, I wonder how many people will have been lost to the game.
We have social distancing ingrained in our psyche now that I can’t help but think a lot of people will think differently about sitting with people they don’t know in the stands and may choose to give games a miss....

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Once football does restart with fans back in the stands in say, 6 months time, I wonder how many people will have been lost to the game.
We have social distancing ingrained in our psyche now that I can’t help but think a lot of people will think differently about sitting with people they don’t know in the stands and may choose to give games a miss....

I don't think we do.

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think you'd potentially lose a lot if folk had anything else to do at weekends just now, that might show some that they wouldn't really miss the football. But now I think folk are stuck with f**k all and it makes the desire for football to restart bigger. Coupled with the fact that fundraisers around the country are doing quite well and people are now more open to reconstruction I think there's a real desire to see it come back stronger, even if I don't really agree with reconstruction because of this.

I don't think social distancing will have any real effect on football when it comes back - certainly not at this level where it's usually easy enough to get a few metres to yourself if you want them.  The bigger danger for attendances (assuming the death toll isn't apocalyptic, of course) will be folk who've lost so much money from this that they can't afford extra expenses like football games.  Even with the government paying a proportion of wages, that doesn't cover everyone (for instance, I am self-employed, but have been so for less than a year, so if the organisation I work with decides to cancel my contract or suspend it until things get back to normal, I'm rather stuck).   That probably doesn't affect huge numbers of people, I guess, but not many people are going to come out of this better off than they were at the start. 

Edited by Tulloch Gorum

I don't think we do.

It may depend on age group to an extent but I can see a few of the older generation having second thoughts.

Also a few with young kids I can see being nagged by the other half not to go for a while until things settle.

However it’s great to see that we haven’t lost our enthusiasm on here...

It would be great to think that fresh thinking and imagination will come to the fore when planning for the resumption of football.
Unfortunately we all know the vested interests of the Glaswegians will obliterate anything new that does not benefit them.
b*****ds.

15 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It would be great to think that fresh thinking and imagination will come to the fore when planning for the resumption of football.
Unfortunately we all know the vested interests of the Glaswegians will obliterate anything new that does not benefit them.
b*****ds.

Quite a few Glaswegians that dont hold vested interests. Moron.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

Quite a few Glaswegians that dont hold vested interests. Moron.

I appear to have inadvertently offended a Partick Thistle fan[emoji853]
My sincere apologies to any Thistle fans upset by my post with the exception of the poor sensitive wee soul above who can go and take a f**k to himself.

17 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
On 30/03/2020 at 12:18, CALDERON said:
Aye, folk are fucking desperate for football to come back. I'd give anything to see the Rovers get gubbed on a Saturday right now. 

Me too.

And me if we just resume the fixture list as was. 🤪

On 18/03/2020 at 18:37, kvz2000 said:

That’s fine but before people donate they want to know what our financial position is , a huge number of locals including business people don’t trust the club .... and with the club not telling fans their position this does not help .

How much did we get from the rangers game ??????

Just shy of a quarter of a million.  This was paid into the clubs Paypal account where it sat until the weekend but is no longer there.

Faz asked all the players to use the popular Houseparty app so they could all do star jumps together.  He used the club email address to register  which is the same address linked to the Paypal account.  A breach of Housepartys security saw the club and many others fall victim to a data breach which has lead to a number of users being left out of pocket.

All we have left from that night at Ibrox is our memories.

Grant Gallagher did not take part in the star jump session.