Clubs going bust due to cv19

1 hour ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Club can apply now for May’s wages and it will be in the club’s account for the end of the month. Should also work for weekly as I think you can claim for up to 10 days in advance.

You need to apply in arrears after having paid the wages, weekly or monthly.

That’s what I need to do.

3 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:
3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:
After August but we're currently in may. Surely clubs could keep players on till the furlough rules change.

Totally it's a bit crazy putting all the full time guys on the scrapheap when the govt will still pay at least a percentage of the wages. Can say to the guys look elsewhere or we can only pay the 80% or 60% that govt are paying till then

This is simply the first domino I suggested in changing the ways that players might look at some clubs. Raith decided to extend everyone, and that certainly comes at some cost, despite the financials not being the rosiest. The Pars elect to cut ties, for whatever reason. Players aren’t stupid, and even when playing primarily for the love of the game, will make pragmatic decisions and remember how things played out. Look at Hendry, he reputedly turned down a bit more money to return to a place where he felt well supported.

Club management have to consider the pragmatic, the realistic and the opportunistic elements of this mess, and make a call for the future. Hell, they might even be consulting mediums.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We're clearly just an evil club. An unfeeling, cold machine.

I hear that the directors have a clay pigeon shooting machine but load it with puppies instead.

Wondering if they prefer hound puppies because of the natural aerodynamic advantage of those large ears making their flight paths a bit more predictable? And they fire them out over a lava lake surely.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Wondering if they prefer hound puppies because of the natural aerodynamic advantage of those large ears making their flight paths a bit more predictable? And they fire them out over a lava lake surely.

They use only the cutest puppies.

Lava lake is not yet complete. The slaves are still building it.

2 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Club can apply now for May’s wages and it will be in the club’s account for the end of the month. Should also work for weekly as I think you can claim for up to 10 days in advance.

If your weekly paid then you have to have paid a minimum of three weeks wages before you can claim.

All claims are in arrears as HMRC will check your claim against the weekly RTI submission.

Next friday is the third payroll for my company so the next claim will be done online and all being well the following Wednesday payment will be made into the company bank account.

Edited by WALMOT

29 minutes ago, WALMOT said:

If your weekly paid then you have to have paid a minimum of three weeks wages before you can claim.

All claims are in arrears as HMRC will check your claim against the weejly RTI submission.

Next friday is the third payroll for my company so the next claim will be done online and all being well the following Wednesday payment will be made into the company bank account.

Correct

34 minutes ago, keithgy said:

No you have to have been employed by the club before the end of Feb

They changed the date from the 29th Feb to the 19th March if  i remember right.

Edited by WALMOT

Stephen's for me, wee bit lurpack lightly salted butter and a steak pie slapped on it with plenty HP broon sauce! Sorted [emoji1787][emoji106]

Who does better rolls, Stuart’s or Stephen’s ??

Stuart’s in my opinion. Softer and at 37p a roll a good price.

21 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Who does better rolls, Stuart’s or Stephen’s ??

Stuart’s in my opinion. Softer and at 37p a roll a good price.

Stuarts but Baynes beats both of them

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

If you apply in time you can get the furlough money before the end of the month and then use it to pay your employees

I doubt if that would be practical for weekly staff

I claim on the Saturday and receive cash the following Thursday which is fine.

Thanks though

Is Templehall still a shithole ??

No it’s become a nirvana hidden in West Kirkcaldy with tropical weather, palm trees, shops, restaurants and entertainment at every corner. Don’t tell anyone about the Beverley Hills of Fife though it’s a secret.