Clubs going bust due to cv19

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

If there’s talk of a club in the Premiership going into administration soon, I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t Hearts tbh.

Could also be a lever to force votes for reconstruction though.....

IDK, St. Mirren chairman used familiar language a couple of days ago, that of winding up the season to allow payments for some teams to avoid financial difficulties.

On 15/03/2020 at 12:40, sirscottyoung said:

Annan look like the first club that's going to go under

On 02/05/2020 at 08:45, sirscottyoung said:

Rumours of St Mirren calling in administrators. Fingers crossed it's not true

On 02/05/2020 at 13:44, sirscottyoung said:

Dont need a source

You really need to stop this pish. Either tell folk where these sort of "rumours" are coming from or don't say anything at all. Given you clearly don't want to expose your source, I'd recommend the latter. It helps absolutely no one.

On 03/05/2020 at 18:41, roman_bairn said:

Latest headline is EPL clubs preparing for the possibility to play the whole of next season behind closed doors.
If that applies here we will be lucky to have any clubs survive next season.....

Shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. It’s become increasingly clear from the moment we stopped that Scottish football was unlikely to resume in any form until some point in 2021. 

I’d have thought the fully professional teams will be at more risk of going under than the semi-pro ones. How many of the smaller clubs have players on contracts past this summer? Probably not many and the players all have other forms of income. If we’re not playing again until 2021 I’d expect most clubs to offload their players and staff and go into “hibernation”. This is more difficult when players have a contract and no other form of income, it’s hard to ask a F/T player to terminate their contract when they’ve no other income, zero chance of finding another club and in Scottish football are unlikely to have a large sum in the bank to fall back on.

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You really need to stop this pish. Either tell folk where these sort of "rumours" are coming from or don't say anything at all. Given you clearly don't want to expose your source, I'd recommend the latter. It helps absolutely no one.

He thinks it, goes to bed and the next day it's  a rumour. File in the @weetoonlad drawer.

21 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’d have thought the fully professional teams will be at more risk of going under than the semi-pro ones. How many of the smaller clubs have players on contracts past this summer? Probably not many and the players all have other forms of income. If we’re not playing again until 2021 I’d expect most clubs to offload their players and staff and go into “hibernation”. This is more difficult when players have a contract and no other form of income, it’s hard to ask a F/T player to terminate their contract when they’ve no other income, zero chance of finding another club and in Scottish football are unlikely to have a large sum in the bank to fall back on.

Would think it’s certainly a case of the least number of players on a contract for next season the better at the moment. Forfar apparently have five and doubt will add to that any time soon.

Like you say it will likely be full time teams at most risk.

On 04/05/2020 at 03:41, roman_bairn said:

Latest headline is EPL clubs preparing for the possibility to play the whole of next season behind closed doors.
If that applies here we will be lucky to have any clubs survive next season.....

There's a post from me about 3 weeks ago saying the same thing - until a working vaccine is found AND fully available to all the population there will only be closed door games - most experts are saying the middle of next year.  I asked for real leadership to find a way for clubs to survive this but here we are still allowing a super paranoid spiteful Sevco to delay the whole process and squabbling over who did what to whom when it does not matter a fcuk in the grand scheme of things.   

We are on our way to the end of days for most of Scottish football and we have prioritised on a reconstruction task force - you cannot make it up.