Clubs going bust due to cv19

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

“The top three in the Premiership - Celtic, Rangers and Motherwell - will receive £395,000 plus VAT.

The rest of the top flight clubs will get £157,500 plus VAT.

The payments dip significantly down the divisions. Championship clubs are due to be paid £26,500 plus VAT, League One clubs £2,700 plus VAT and League Two clubs £1,350 plus VAT.”

Horrendous disparity there.
I knew it was bad, I didn’t realise it was quite that bad.

Motherwell don't deserve this. They should be paid the same as the rest of the division with the remainder split between the OF.

In fact, the rest of the clubs should be given £2700 with the remainder split between the OF.

Actually, all clubs should be given f**k all, apart from the arse cheeks who should have it all split between them!

20 hours ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Up to 800 deaths a day in Italy is hardly minuscule and bear in mind that they don't count deaths at home or in care homes so will be much higher. ~This is the percentage  level we will likely be at in 2-3 weeks.

Why would it be though Mo ?  The situation in Lombardy is that it has the highest concentration of citizens from the Wuhan area of China anywhere in Europe.  The virus was spread further by people going there skiing over December & January.  And like most southern European countries they have a higher percentage of their population as "elderly"

The figures right now for two neighbouring countries Switzerland and Austria.  Switzerland 11575 cases.  Deaths 172.  1%   Austria 6398 cases, deaths 49 Less than 1%.  Then of course further away there's Spain has been severely hit, but next door, Portugal is 3544 cases, 60 deaths, 1%

The point being there's clearly unique circumstances per country.  The assumption that we will "likely" be at the stage Italy was at, well presumably we would have seen that by now in their near neighbours at least.  So it might or might not be the case it could end up like that here, but the "received truth" that it's likely doesn't appear to be backed up by anything.  

1 hour ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Why would it be though Mo ?  The situation in Lombardy is that it has the highest concentration of citizens from the Wuhan area of China anywhere in Europe.  The virus was spread further by people going there skiing over December & January.  And like most southern European countries they have a higher percentage of their population as "elderly"

The figures right now for two neighbouring countries Switzerland and Austria.  Switzerland 11575 cases.  Deaths 172.  1%   Austria 6398 cases, deaths 49 Less than 1%.  Then of course further away there's Spain has been severely hit, but next door, Portugal is 3544 cases, 60 deaths, 1%

The point being there's clearly unique circumstances per country.  The assumption that we will "likely" be at the stage Italy was at, well presumably we would have seen that by now in their near neighbours at least.  So it might or might not be the case it could end up like that here, but the "received truth" that it's likely doesn't appear to be backed up by anything.  

Well said.

Most of the textile and leather companies in Northern Italy (Lombardy)were bought over by Chinese companies and large numbers of Chinese settled there. There are regular direct flights to Wuhan from there with Chinese going back and forward regularly.

This is not much reported on as it is considered to be discriminatory.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well said.

Most of the textile and leather companies in Northern Italy (Lombardy)were bought over by Chinese companies and large numbers of Chinese settled there. There are regular direct flights to Wuhan from there with Chinese going back and forward regularly.

I knew that, I got this lovely pangolin leather jacket recently.

300px-Schuppentier-03.jpg

7 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What did experts tell us?

we needed to slaughter untold numbers of cattle during the swine fever epidemic. Proved to be wrong.

Our economy would collapse if we didn’t join the euro. Wrong.

I could go on.

Experts eh? Can't tell their porcine from their bovine.

30 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well said.

^^^^ Bing McCrosby's cousin found

43 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Thats 5/6 of our top clubs now publicly stating their existence is months away.

I would suggest that this is the tip of an iceberg with the high probability that all our senior clubs are in uncharted water, with many lower leagues clubs prostituting donate/give/help social sites to raise immediate cash. Can’t see the Government giving any help, and the Scottish authorities already publicly stating their skint. I’m sure that given the latest cash payouts, this is not even a sticking plaster for all teams outside the top division and in my view absolutely diabolical/despicable.

For those that think reconstruction will be the saviour, only if the suits the bigot bro’s with riches, as it wouldn’t get past the first call to Glasgow. 

You are correct.

Sooner we get back to normal the better.

Thats 5/6 of our top clubs now publicly stating their existence is months away.
I would suggest that this is the tip of an iceberg with the high probability that all our senior clubs are in uncharted water, with many lower leagues clubs prostituting donate/give/help social sites to raise immediate cash. Can’t see the Government giving any help, and the Scottish authorities already publicly stating their skint. I’m sure that given the latest cash payouts, this is not even a sticking plaster for all teams outside the top division and in my view absolutely diabolical/despicable.
For those that think reconstruction will be the saviour, only if the suits the bigot bro’s with riches, as it wouldn’t get past the first call to Glasgow. 
I hope Rangers don't go bust again, that will surely cause all the others to die as well. It's the apocalypse I tell you...

58 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

The hot topic now o hear is the for people to revive their 80% wages from the government is that they have to have no contact or any work given to them. That means training regimes etc etc. 

Do you mean like not going to work?

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

The hot topic now o hear is the for people to revive their 80% wages from the government is that they have to have no contact or any work given to them. That means training regimes etc etc. 

How will the government be able to monitor if players are doing training regimes? Even if they did, how could they prove that they players were given said regime by their club?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

How will the government be able to monitor if players are doing training regimes? Even if they did, how could they prove that they players were given said regime by their club?

It would be difficult almost impossible. Realistically there would have to be a close season again prior to matches taking place. The fact our chairman came out stating they have all hot training programs probably doesn't help. That would theoretically mean they are still at work 🤷

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

It would be difficult almost impossible. Realistically there would have to be a close season again prior to matches taking place. The fact our chairman came out stating they have all hot training programs probably doesn't help. That would theoretically mean they are still at work 🤷

Nah I think that's ok. They can't perform their job of being a footballer. Pretty sure their contracts won't state anything about such fitness regimes; they'll be about appearances etc. Specific fitness regimes almost certainly won't be mentioned.

It would be pretty easy for a footballer to argue, especially in Scotland where contracts are usually only a year or two, that they're doing such regimes to ensure they remain employable, but that said regimes are not technically part of their terms of employment.