Clubs going bust due to cv19

I sat and looked up every team in the league on a credit checker (credit safe) see who had what cash reserves on their books.

The following is what I found...

Raith Rovers - £12,101
Falkirk - £135,541
Airdrie - £80,721
Montrose - £34,553
East Fife - £83,391
Dumbarton - £123
Clyde - £45,000
Peterhead - £365
Forfar - £2391
Stranraer - Charity?

f**k knows what it means but don't think clubs have that much cash floating about.

For a club to pay 20 players at £200pw it would cost £4000pw just on player costs.
200 is probably a massive low ball figure in this league as well.

If they can’t be bothered to get a figure for Stranraer I would treat this organisation’s figures with scepticism

That’s fine but before people donate they want to know what our financial position is , a huge number of locals including business people don’t trust the club .... and with the club not telling fans their position this does not help .
How much did we get from the rangers game ??????

Whoooooosh!

51 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Its SFA licence money awarded annually and Club Academy money. Not sure that 42 clubs quote from the BBC  is accurate, there are about 100 clubs have an SFA licence  (SPFL,Highland league, Lowland league, some SOS league, some EOS league,  couple of Junior clubs, Glasgow Uni and Golspie.

Club licensing levels for all clubs here, the higher the level the more money allocated I think

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/6062/club-licensing-current-update-february-2020.pdf

Cheers for that gogsy

So does it become the same as with old co rangers?.   Players who haven't been payed or asked to take a wage cut by more than half can walk away from his contract?.  If in what ever form the league starts again if players are out of contract can they still move clubs and teams basically finish the season with new players?  

I have had a talk with a few mates about how the season ends and witch ever way it just leads to more questions.   Most interesting was cove  being top of their league but the have a lot of teams watching their players.   What if after contracts expire or they need money so are forced to accept money for players.  Then the league continues and they dont win it.   Raith have a rather important player due to go down to Fulham at the end of the season.  Will they get to keep him till the season is over.  At airdrie we have loan players too and will need to keep them sustain any play off hope we have.   

On 17/03/2020 at 10:12, Jack Burton said:

The majority of clubs outwith the SPFL have been around just as long as the likes of Berwick or Cowdenbeath.

ICT, Ross County and Livingston were all new clubs as well which have went on to reach the top flight and win the Scottish or league cup.

A club must be licensed to be able to play in the Lowland or Highland league and be eligible for promotion.

No they weren't. ICT were Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle, Ross County were .... Ross County; and Livingston were Meadowbank Thistle (and before that Ferranti Thistle.) They didn't just come out of nowhere.

Just noticed you may have meant new to the top four leagues. Apologies.

Edited by rockson

11 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Raith have a rather important player due to go down to Fulham at the end of the season.  Will they get to keep him till the season is over. 

Fulham will, like other teams have an offset season as well, I have a feeling UEFA will have to make up rules to cover what is a rather unusual situation.

That’s fine but before people donate they want to know what our financial position is , a huge number of locals including business people don’t trust the club .... and with the club not telling fans their position this does not help .
How much did we get from the rangers game ??????

Er, when our financial position was dire we repaid all the debts. We couldn’t take the easy way out of administration, since not available to us as a members' club.

Someone posted this online.

I know some have backers like hibs so this isn't the be all and end all but still some worrying numbers for a couple of clubsIMG_20200316_074818.thumb.jpeg.87414420259bdd25390fb505cf7c3ecf.jpeg

It would be helpful if they explained the provenance of these figures. But...

A standard measure of an organisation's financial resilience used by many (including investors) is how many days' cash they have. It indicates how strong they are if cash stops flowing in. Exactly the position we are now in.

If these figures come from the latest published accounts then many of these clubs are in trouble unless they can very quickly cut their costs deeply. Look at what Hearts have done. Many more will follow.

Hearts getting pelters for asking staff to take 50% pay cut till the £18k mark , better getting something instead of fek all in these times , I’m a buisness man as well and no income spells disaster whatever size you are or manpower you have , really hope everyone gets through this unscathed 

Hearts getting pelters for asking staff to take 50% pay cut till the £18k mark , better getting something instead of fek all in these times , I’m a buisness man as well and no income spells disaster whatever size you are or manpower you have , really hope everyone gets through this unscathed 

Frankly, looking at Hearts monthly operating cost, and how the players have performed this season, they should be paying the others staffs wages for them as well as taking a pay cut....

8 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Meaning what? Gone into administration?

Can’t find anything online about it and there’s nothing on the Alloa thread on here.

I couldn't find anything, either.