Clubs going bust due to cv19

Not sure you had to waste time going through credit checks to come to that conclusion.
Well worth looking to see what clubs had out of interest after the Premiership one.

The best bit of info I found was that peterhead have 68 employees.

Spend £51k on their management

Spend £380k on playing staff

Spend £100k on staff costs for supporters club...

7 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Spend £380k on playing staff

Image result for shocked face gif

That's honestly astounding. They've got a squad of 20, you're looking at an average wage of over £300 there. If that's at all accurate I'd be spewing that McInally has continuously been trusted with such resources if I were a Peterheid fan.

Edited by The Moonster

giphy.gif&key=f73e9102fcd15450fa724f01da3e124d9877c91c284110f34e085e4ce987aa9d
That's honestly astounding. They've got a squad of 20, you're looking at an average wage of over £300 there. If that's at all accurate I'd be spewing that McInally has continuously been trusted with such resources if I were a Peterheid fan.
Here is said bit of information off their companies house accounts.

Frightening money to be on the verge of relegation.Screenshot_20200316_122011.jpeg

Dunno if I've posted this already but it does seem certain that fans will have to bail their clubs out. 

Each club's exposure should be fairly proportionate to the financial cloud of their fanbase, you'd think...

Anyway if the first point is true then I hope fans collectively are sensible and get some equity in their clubs in return. Not that I would want all good will between clubs and fans to be eroded by any means, but even with the club's interests at heart I think supporters trusts should be coordinating any find raising / bailouts.

On 14/03/2020 at 19:29, Bishop Briggs said:

Heart of Hibernian,  Dundee City,  Greenock St Mirren

Biggots Utd, Jambi's FC, Have-ye readthe Tele FC, St Morton of Midden, Falkirkmuir, East Dunraithenbeath, Albairdwell Accies,  Queens Thistle, Monarbfar City, Aberhead Rangers, Inver Co

We can make light of this up to a point but it's looking more likely that some teams will struggle to survive this. Perhaps Scottish football could stand a thinning of the herd but if it happens to my team I won't be following anyone else, even if the Rovers did merge with an/other Fife clubs I wouldn't be a convert. After 40+ seasons following my club there's no way I could change allegiances to a new side.

Most if not every club will be looking doubtless to launch a fans scheme to try to save themselves, just hope the fans can afford it as it looks like many of us will be facing some hardship ourselves in the coming months.

Had a few days to scribble some thoughts.

It's almost impossible to make fully informed assessment of how Scottish football is going to come out of this yet. The entire notion of global capitalism is under the cosh right now, never mind the often-bizarre financial paradigm of football, and the various micro-climates that are within it. Until UEFA/FIFA come up with some kind of edict regarding financial safeguards we're all blindly guessing like a game of pin-the-tail-on-the-Doncaster with three blindfolds on and our eyes gouged out underneath. However, the SFA/SPFL opening gambit of 'nae money in the till'  is very telling, and screams of a position where clubs and their fans here are likely to have to do the spadework unless there's a bailout from on high.

In cases like Brechin (who have already had to rattle the tins for a January SOS player fund), Peterhead (functioning despite high operating losses), and Rangers v2.0 (basketcase waiting to happen, again), I'd be very worried. None of the 42 clubs can sleep comfortably: some of the more profitable ones with a history of prudence over recklessness, or directors prepared to shit instead of get off the pot when it comes to the crunch have a decent chance of getting through with minor scars if the lockdown is only until May. For the others, it's damage limitation. Merch sales and the like will plug small gaps only. Share issues would be the go to mechanism (and if MFC sanctioned it I'm in the happy position of having a little spare dough), but who's really investing in a climate where we're going to be fighting over fucking macaroni tins within a week or two?

Bizarrely enough, I fancy lower league clubs might have a better chance short term as they are used to operating within their means and extracting/exploiting a living from fairly small crumbs off the SPFL plate, and those with stronger community connections may have some goodwill to call upon. The bigger Prem/Champ clubs, with high wages and a reliance on a TV deal and prize money that may not survive in tact, will be heading for administration quick sharp - either to protect themselves from creditors or to get fixed costs off the book ASAP. 

Anyway, just guessing. I'm off to fire up the A1200 and get Championship Manager 1993 on, with fingers in the ear going la-la-la, oblivious to the impending hunger games.

8 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

I sat and looked up every team in the league on a credit checker (credit safe) see who had what cash reserves on their books.

The following is what I found...

Raith Rovers - £12,101
Falkirk - £135,541
Airdrie - £80,721
Montrose - £34,553
East Fife - £83,391
Dumbarton - £123
Clyde - £45,000
Peterhead - £365
Forfar - £2391
Stranraer - Charity?

f**k knows what it means but don't think clubs have that much cash floating about.

For a club to pay 20 players at £200pw it would cost £4000pw just on player costs.
200 is probably a massive low ball figure in this league as well.

The figure you've quoted for Falkirk was the exact number on 31st May last year, as stated in this years AGM accounts. So your figures are ten months out of date. (for us at least).

The most uptodate figure we were given was at the AGM in November, which said that at that point we had just under 300K in the bank.

It's possible we may be the best-placed in the league to ride out this storm.

The figure you've quoted for Falkirk was the exact number on 31st May last year, as stated in this years AGM accounts. So your figures are ten months out of date. (for us at least).
The most uptodate figure we were given was at the AGM in November, which said that at that point we had just under 300K in the bank.
It's possible we may be the best-placed in the league to ride out this storm.
Are you remembering your budget is bigger too.

But hey if that's what yous have then good. I would be happier if everyone was fine and this wasn't gonna be an issue

Are you remembering your budget is bigger too.

But hey if that's what yous have then good. I would be happier if everyone was fine and this wasn't gonna be an issue

I can confidently predict that we will be in the red come next year’s accounts.
However I would expect us to be able to ride the next few months out one way or another.....

Suddenly having a playing squad of 17 players is a blessing in disguise.

Article yesterday saying the SRU are providing a lifeline to rugby clubs of 500k and there are calls for thr SFA/SPFL to do the same they wont as a. they dont have a pot to piss in and b. it doesnt benefit the 2 arsecheeks who would probably claim the money should go to themin total anyway as they are Scottish Football and what would we do without them.

10 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Biggots Utd, Jambi's FC, Have-ye readthe Tele FC, St Morton of Midden, Falkirkmuir, East Dunraithenbeath, Albairdwell Accies,  Queens Thistle, Monarbfar City, Aberhead Rangers, Inver Co

You seem to have forgotten East Raithbeth Hearts, we’d never join with Dunny...

Edited by TxRover

On 15/03/2020 at 01:52, San Starko Rover said:

Don’t want to see any club go under (two obvious exceptions) but Falkirk seem to operating on a really tight budget so that’s not a good sign, however they’ve a good fan base so hopefully if things are tight they can raise some money. Think fans of all clubs could have to dig deep to help their club if it goes on.

Why bother? Clubs can't die. We have precedent for this. Full history and achievements can be bought or transferred to the new holding company.

Save your money folks.