Clubs going bust due to cv19

Offhand, in trouble:
Premier: Rangers, Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs
Championship: Dundee, ICT, Partick, Dunfermline
League One: Stranraer, Dumbarton, East Fife (possibly, but likely enough fans to tide them over, Airdrie, Falkirk and Raith)
League Two: Probably all but Cove, Elgin and Queens Park.
East fife are one of 3 SPFL clubs with 0 debt and one of 2 SPFL clubs that can get credit...

I genuinely think that every team is in trouble.
Bar: Celtic, motherwell, Aberdeen, hearts hibs in premiership.
Dundee United in championship.
All in league 1.
All but cove in league 2.

The rest have to find ways to stop the gap till money comes in (if it comes in and games aren't closed doors)

Yeah fans can buy shares to help etc but that means they are in trouble as they have needed external help to get through it.

A fair few clubs will change models to get through and some may take big loans to get by.

Definitely going to be more than a couple either die off or hit dire straights.

Good luck all.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Offhand, in trouble:

League One: Stranraer, Dumbarton, East Fife (possibly, but likely enough fans to tide them over, Airdrie, Falkirk and Raith)

I’m hoping the cup money we got from our game at Ibrox will see us through this difficult time , problem is our committee don’t like to talk with the fans so we have no idea how much we raised ,could be anything from £80k to £150k I have asked the question but no response , anyway like many other Stranraer fans it would be nice if the club could let us know .

If you believe what is spoken in Stranraer the Rangers money was being held for next years budget. If this is true hopefully it’s a reserve to help keep us afloat.
We have a squad of 19, 12 weeks left of the season including play off dates.
Say every player is on £200 a week. I understand some are over that some are under, that’s £45600 in wages. The money made would cover that, we still have the manager and coaching staff to account for and the failed corporate days.
Think we may be ok for a few months but not every club has had the luxury of a good cup draw.
If we went on our gates we’d be screwed.
Praying every club gets through this.

This is the time when strip manufacturers can save the day and get clubs some income......  Design and release next season's strips early,  This could be the only income clubs will have for the next few months.   Release new Home top early may,    Release new Away tops in August,      might not generate much, but it keeps the interest going and the till clicking again....

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Offhand, in trouble:

Where did you pull this shite from? 

Interesting article in the Scottish Sun .

I read the strapline and short piece on my newsfeed only.

Its saying the PM is going to declare the season finished as it stands.

Too much money involved in declaring the season void. I.E, returning sponsorship cash, S/T cash etc.

For once something worth looking at in the sun.

13 hours ago, Paco said:

Most clubs at this level will qualify for government-guaranteed loans, presuming the measures announced in the UK budget apply to Scotland too. The loans can be up to £1.2m.

Obviously it just kicks the can down the road a bit and they need paid back, but nobody should be going bust in the next couple of months.

Players are going to have to go to statutory sick pay for a spell as well. I can’t see any way around that. Not fair but they won’t be the only profession it happens to.

If I'm fit for work I certainly wouldn't expect to be forced onto SSP. 

Too much money involved in declaring the season void. I.E, returning sponsorship cash, S/T cash etc.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5387346/boris-johnson-scottish-premiership-over-celtic-hearts/

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Offhand, in trouble:

As you will know TX rovers fans can't get close to tide over the weekly losses we would sustain. 

The PM can legislate to ban professional sport in England. He doesn’t have the power to ward championships in Scotland.

19 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

The PM can legislate to ban professional sport in England. He doesn’t have the power to ward championships in Scotland.

Aye but a scotland just basically follows suit with whatever the English FA does anyway... “let’s change the names of our leagues...oh what to? Let’s copy England’s...brilliant!”

I fear for DFC at the moment. Contracts due to be paid until the end of May, but with no income and only a handful of home games already this year - two of which have been midweek.

Unless there is some help given to a lot of smaller clubs like us then then an extended break or the season being ended looks like it could have very bleak consequences.

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I fear for DFC at the moment. Contracts due to be paid until the end of May, but with no income and only a handful of home games already this year - two of which have been midweek.

Unless there is some help given to a lot of smaller clubs like us then then an extended break or the season being ended looks like it could have very bleak consequences.

I would echo your sentiments, definitely worrying for our Club. Doesn't help either that the Scottish football authorities have already basically said that there will be no help from them.

Could the Scottish Government help? No idea

How much debt a club has really does not matter. 

What will kill clubs is cash flow. 

Bills are still due, wages need paid but there is very little income. 

What should happen is that the party cancelli g the games should be liable for loss of earnings. 

The government did not call off the season it was the SFA/SPL/SPFL or whatever they are called. 

Clubs should be entitled to compensation for business I teruption and loss of income. 

Of course the clowns that run our game are imbeciles so there are no cash reserves and I would put my house on them not having business interruption insurance. 

4 hours ago, Passionate said:

This is the time when strip manufacturers can save the day and get clubs some income......  Design and release next season's strips early,  This could be the only income clubs will have for the next few months.   Release new Home top early may,    Release new Away tops in August,      might not generate much, but it keeps the interest going and the till clicking again....

New shirts could also have the cachet of “shirts for the season that never was” if 20/21 is also destroyed by this fucking virus.