Clubs going bust due to cv19

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

Most clubs at this level will qualify for government-guaranteed loans, presuming the measures announced in the UK budget apply to Scotland too. The loans can be up to £1.2m.

Obviously it just kicks the can down the road a bit and they need paid back, but nobody should be going bust in the next couple of months.

Players are going to have to go to statutory sick pay for a spell as well. I can’t see any way around that. Not fair but they won’t be the only profession it happens to.

Sport is a devolved matter. Could the Scottish Government guarantee the loans? 

Surely SSP only applies if you are actually sick and only for the period when you are sick?…

It’s expected most will get the virus, but yes, in normal circumstances SSP only applies when you’re ill. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either a change of policy for now, or something similar put in place by the government to save salaried workers being made redundant while shutdowns are ongoing. Manufacturing, retail and hospitality sectors to name a few will have no permanent staff to come out the other side otherwise.

Love your optimism!

We’re not starting this in a position of debt, although, like most clubs, we will go into debt as a result.
Fans were willing to cough up up to 800k for additional shares in the club, but our crazy board knocked that back on the word of a charlatan.
If it came down to survival, I, and many others, would be willing to contribute...

23 minutes ago, Paco said:

It’s expected most will get the virus, but yes, in normal circumstances SSP only applies when you’re ill. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either a change of policy for now, or something similar put in place by the government to save salaried workers being made redundant while shutdowns are ongoing. Manufacturing, retail and hospitality sectors to name a few will have no permanent staff to come out the other side otherwise.

How might Statutory SICK Pay rules be changed to pay people who aren't sick?

Offhand, in trouble:

Premier: Rangers, Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs

Championship: Dundee, ICT, Partick, Dunfermline

League One: Stranraer, Dumbarton, East Fife (possibly, but likely enough fans to tide them over, Airdrie, Falkirk and Raith)

League Two: Probably all but Cove, Elgin and Queens Park.

We’re not starting this in a position of debt, although, like most clubs, we will go into debt as a result.
Fans were willing to cough up up to 800k for additional shares in the club, but our crazy board knocked that back on the word of a charlatan.
If it came down to survival, I, and many others, would be willing to contribute...
Easy Tiger what are you on about?

Easy Tiger what are you on about?

I can see why others get irked by you.
Despite large losses eating into our reserves last season, we still had cash in the bank (although not much).
According to our board we are running this season within available budget so we were not expected to go into debt.
Clearly the current situation changes that position.
Now that the sale of the club to MC is not going ahead, an option could be for the board to dilute shares to allow supporters to buy into the club therefore providing a cash injection.
That option is not currently on the table but could become so if absolutely necessary....

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Offhand, in trouble:

Premier: Rangers, Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs

Championship: Dundee, ICT, Partick, Dunfermline

League One: Stranraer, Dumbarton, East Fife (possibly, but likely enough fans to tide them over, Airdrie, Falkirk and Raith)

League Two: Probably all but Cove, Elgin and Queens Park.

Would imagine Stranraer will have a decent chunk of the Rangers cup money left.

Perhaps buying season tickets for the  next year or two in advance even at a reduced rate would give clubs an instant cash flow but it depends on how flush the fans are? That would only be keeping the wolves at bay for a while. 

Or clubs asking staff to pay for postponed games now. I see some teams in Ireland doing this through selling virtual tickets.

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:
1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Not even a danger of that.
Our fans will step in if absolutely necessary.
Navy blue pound. etc.....

Love your optimism!

I'd be more concerned at your own club, 3 seasons with a possibility of 4 as a full time operation in the third tier with crowds of a couple of thousand.

We may have clowns as owners but rich clowns

Edited by MrDust