Clubs going bust due to cv19

Rangers* possibly most likely given the state of their accounts and their going concern qualification.

Aye saw a Rangers fan online saying he hopes every club goes under until another Rangers fan pointed out they’d probably be one of the first as no one will lend them money, still blaming everyone else for their demise [emoji23]

Don’t want to see any club go under (two obvious exceptions) but Falkirk seem to operating on a really tight budget so that’s not a good sign, however they’ve a good fan base so hopefully if things are tight they can raise some money. Think fans of all clubs could have to dig deep to help their club if it goes on.

I wouldn't want to see any club go bust either (well maybe the ugly sisters) but think this will likely have an unhappy ending for some. Most clubs will survive somehow or another due to either being too wee to need vast cash injections or being of a sufficient size to somehow scrape by. Middling clubs will struggle but will be mostly end up getting bailed out by their support.

Sounds like (according to Sportsound) Motherwell have said they're going to struggle and I think it's clubs in their bracket who will be paying higher wages that will be hardest hit. Other clubs who have forcibly trimmed their budgets will cope better.

As quoted "we could have MERS, SARS, CoVID-19 and a thermonuclear war and Hamilton Accies would still be trading and somehow manage to be 10th in the Premier league"

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Don’t want to see any club go under (two obvious exceptions) but Falkirk seem to operating on a really tight budget so that’s not a good sign, however they’ve a good fan base so hopefully if things are tight they can raise some money. Think fans of all clubs could have to dig deep to help their club if it goes on.

Perhaps buying season tickets for the  next year or two in advance even at a reduced rate would give clubs an instant cash flow but it depends on how flush the fans are? That would only be keeping the wolves at bay for a while. 

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Does anyone know if Financial Fair Play applies to clubs at this level?

Appears to me it’s the usual suspects who are most at risk and I’m not too sympathetic if that is the case.

Would help if all teams lived within their means (ours included)

Saying about teams going under if they don't call the leagues finalised or null and void a team going under could totally change the league table as their record would be expunged.  Say Airdrie went under (I certainly don't wish this on them just an example sorry Airdrie fans) we'd lose 9 points and Falkirk would lose 2 points.   

Most clubs at this level will qualify for government-guaranteed loans, presuming the measures announced in the UK budget apply to Scotland too. The loans can be up to £1.2m.

Obviously it just kicks the can down the road a bit and they need paid back, but nobody should be going bust in the next couple of months.

Players are going to have to go to statutory sick pay for a spell as well. I can’t see any way around that. Not fair but they won’t be the only profession it happens to.

Most clubs at this level will qualify for government-guaranteed loans, presuming the measures announced in the UK budget apply to Scotland too. The loans can be up to £1.2m.

Obviously it just kicks the can down the road a bit and they need paid back, but nobody should be going bust in the next couple of months.

Players are going to have to go to statutory sick pay for a spell as well. I can’t see any way around that. Not fair but they won’t be the only profession it happens to.

Surely SSP only applies if you are actually sick and only for the period when you are sick?…