Leagues finishing or not ?

Thesoccerguy

2019/20 season will have to be put in the bin and start again next year maybe.  the football is closed down untill march some time .. so to restart the league you would be asking teams to play  anthing up to 12 games in about 3 weeks .. no chance .  so   close it down and start afresh  next year this is what is going to happen  in the pro game .

What happens with the potential league winners and relegation candidates especially if other teams can still mathematically win and go down also? Plus at this stage of the season some teams have less than 10 games left and have been the best side over the course of the season, is it fair they are denied what could be a league winning season ?

It's a tricky one, wouldn't be fair for teams to just be handed the league if they are on top at the moment and others have a chance of winning it. Same applies to relegation.

Equally, it's a sore one for the likes of Drumchapel or Tollcross who weren't perhaps fancied to go as far as they have in the Scottish. If we just stopped and voided it, all their hard work would go unrewarded.

I think postponement might be the fairest option, but not sure how that would work going in to next season.

7 minutes ago, The Mouth said:

There talking about scrappin the premier league nevermind the ammy game.

What I said could easily be applied to professional football, look at Leicester for example. If they scrapped this season, who would be in the CL/EL? League coefficients etc - do they just wipe anything that's happened this season? Not sure if there is a solution out there at all.

34 minutes ago, MattEmulsion said:

What I said could easily be applied to professional football, look at Leicester for example. If they scrapped this season, who would be in the CL/EL? League coefficients etc - do they just wipe anything that's happened this season? Not sure if there is a solution out there at all.

I’m sorry but the biggest worry we have here is for well being of people , the biggest majority of people involved in game are at an age where we see biggest risk with committee’s or executive members and family’s who run teams how can we possibly continue season until we know full exposure to all ?. 

This is without even considering players and there families ?

31 minutes ago, tug said:

I’m sorry but the biggest worry we have here is for well being of people , the biggest majority of people involved in game are at an age where we see biggest risk with committee’s or executive members and family’s who run teams how can we possibly continue season until we know full exposure to all ?. 

This is without even considering players and there families ?

Amateur football/football in general is far from the biggest worry, I'm sure everyone will agree. Still doesn't mean we can't discuss it or keep it in mind.

My personal opinion is they have to find some way of finishing it. No matter if it takes to August or whatever. Then restart next season around October and we would have the summer football we all want. The back end of the season big games all played in the summer. 

My personal opinion is they have to find some way of finishing it. No matter if it takes to August or whatever. Then restart next season around October and we would have the summer football we all want. The back end of the season big games all played in the summer. 

How does that work if they’re delaying the Euros for a year?

A agree they have to finish the season out. Ayrshire’s teams could take a clean sweep and bring home every cup. All that hard work thought-out the season to mean nothing

Sensible idea bingedrinker. Finish this season with a tweak of the rules and then start next season under different rules for one season. Eg no domestic cups and possibly even play every team once on the league with a draw to see who is at home and away etc. I'm not too sure but you make a good point. finish this season whenever permission is given. Then deal with a season that's not even started at a later date

Can see the benefits of either just scrapping the league (my preference) or, if its possible, finish the season when allowed to play again. Obviously it may be needed to scale back the games in season 2020/21, no cup comps etc, to fulfill that season in the limited time remaining. One thing I dont think you can do is finish the season now and hand out titles and relegate teams. Its unfair as the season hasnt completed.

IMO you cant just say that's the season over and done with and null in void. Only people that suits is the ones who are in danger of relegation.

Teams have worked hard all season to get to their current league positions and you can't just take that away from them.

The season must be completed however long it takes and then you make the changes for the following season to get us back to normal.

Can see the benefits of either just scrapping the league (my preference) or, if its possible, finish the season when allowed to play again. Obviously it may be needed to scale back the games in season 2020/21, no cup comps etc, to fulfill that season in the limited time remaining. One thing I dont think you can do is finish the season now and hand out titles and relegate teams. Its unfair as the season hasnt completed.

I do agree that you cannot hand out titles and promotions until the season is actually completed unless there is a situation where it was mathematically impossible for a team not to win or be promoted/relegated.

IMO you cant just say that's the season over and done with and null in void. Only people that suits is the ones who are in danger of relegation.

Teams have worked hard all season to get to their current league positions and you can't just take that away from them.

The season must be completed however long it takes and then you make the changes for the following season to get us back to normal.

I’ve long been a hater of the idea. LONG TIME been against it. But if this drags on for too long and doesn’t get finished til much later in the year maybe this would be a good time to change the whole setup. Finish it later in the year then start the season in February giving everyone the summer football they wanted. I hate the idea as I’m a traditionalist and loved playing games in the wet, wind and snow with awful parks in mid January but nowadays councils won’t let us near the parks and even when they do they can’t be bothered to fix the parks like they used to do, so with the weather going the way it is going, maybe this is the time to make the summer switch. Just a thought. Like I say, I hate the idea but we may have no choice soon

Edited by TheRealNumber5

15 minutes ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

I’ve long been a hater of the idea. LONG TIME been against it. But if this drags on for too long and doesn’t get finished til much later in the year maybe this would be a good time to change the whole setup. Finish it later in the year then start the season in February giving everyone the summer football they wanted. I hate the idea as I’m a traditionalist and loved playing games in the wet, wind and snow with awful parks in mid January but nowadays councils won’t let us near the parks and even when they do they can’t be bothered to fix the parks like they used to do, so with the weather going the way it is going, maybe this is the time to make the summer switch. Just a thought. Like I say, I hate the idea but we may have no choice soon

Agree.

Between now and end of year and when safe to do so we finish the current season.

Then, I think its the opportunity to move to Summer Football. Ive never been keen on the idea but now believe its the way forward for Amateur Football. 

I think moving to a season running from march-oct is the way forward. Lets face it the weather is terrible here and the costs involved in hiring astros etc over the winter are crippling clubs.