Scottish Football Dead Pool

On 15/03/2020 at 12:32, Gianfranco said:

I’m going to vote for some one skinny. Paul McGinn is built like a rake. He’s my vote.

Naw, I reckon you've got to be looking at overall lung capacity, and the individual's ability to survive complications, should they develop. I bet McGinn's is through the roof. He'd be fine.

I feel Scottish footballers have all got a bit leaner over the past few years. Of course the average has gone down since Boyd retired.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Those figures (at least from Motherwell) are from last year's accounts (and aren't accurate in any case) - so I would doubt the veracity of the entire thing as things will have changed (for better or worse) since the close of the last financial year. If Rangers go bust in a week, I'll be the first to apologise :)

The source is "@barcabhoy", one of the worst people on the entire internet.

8 minutes ago, the west curve said:

I think the Killie figure is too high. I would think it is a lot less than is stated.

Possibly..... the fee from Man City for Liam Smith plus the £50k from The Killie Trust should help ofset a wee bit thou. Also with the amount of players out of contract 31st May & zero bank debt to service, we will be in a better position than a lot of clubs.

Edited by C4mmy31

Will football clubs qualify for the business bailouts? I'd imagine they do. Up to 2.5k (taxable) per employee, where they've had to stop working. It'd help the smaller clubs to meet contract obligations to some extent, anyway. And would help with other club employees, too.